Old 10 Jan 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
She's doing a Tuesday in October (so the date is 20/10/20 which is a nice date) which makes it a LOT cheaper than doing a weekend in summer!

60 people is the minimum for the sit-down, and I expect that's what she'll have, give or take.

Yours sounds lovely!
Yes I did wonder, it seems very popular to have weekday weddings now.

It looks like a beautiful venue. I really hope she enjoys all the planning. I certainly have
Old 10 Jan 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Exciting, such a beautiful part of the world, I used to live in Hexham but had a family static caravan in Warkworth. Lovely.

What are you doing for your hen do? I have decided against one, my friends and siblings are mostly male, and as such it seemed a bit odd. Also all of my friends and family are having to travel to the wedding and stay over as we’re all spread out so it seems a bit harsh to drag them out for another weekend, especially as nearly all have children now.

We having ours at the Lymm hotel xx
Oh lovely so you are familiar with the area

My bridesmaid (I’m just having the one) planned my hen do for me so I only found out what I’m doing yesterday! A small group of us are going to Matfen Hall if you are familiar with it, for dinner bed and breakfast and spa treatments.

My work friends (2 ladies and 4 guys) are also taking me out on a work hen party which should be interesting! )

Your venue sounds lovely! You must post pictures afterwards, would love to be nosey and see everyone’s dresses! x
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Me! Though not as soon as you guys.

May 7th 2020 ❤️ Thursday wedding for us because the cost is astronomical. Disney holidays are a drop in the ocean!

We’re getting married at St Audries Park in Taunton.

Photographer, videographer, cake, dance floor (only bit of venue dressing we’re having!), band, surprise (not even telling you guys!) and hair dresser all booked. Save the dates on order and being delivered in April.

We are making our own invitations otherwise they cost and arm and a leg!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
I definitely will post some pictures, I can't believe its so soon now.

Your hen do sounds lovely, the sort of thing I would have liked had we a more coherent group, I haven't been to Matfen hall but know plenty of friends who have, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

The work hen do sounds fun too
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Me! Though not as soon as you guys.

May 7th 2020 ❤️ Thursday wedding for us because the cost is astronomical. Disney holidays are a drop in the ocean!

We’re getting married at St Audries Park in Taunton.

Photographer, videographer, cake, dance floor (only bit of venue dressing we’re having!), band, surprise (not even telling you guys!) and hair dresser all booked. Save the dates on order and being delivered in April.

We are making our own invitations otherwise they cost and arm and a leg!
I was waiting for you to come along

Are you having lots of people?

I did e save the dates as soon as I had booked the venue, but bought all our invitations, menu cards, RSVP cards and addressed envelopes from a company called the invitation house. I think I paid about £91 for 50 day guests and 100 night They were lovely too, although I bought a big bale of twine off ebay and made little bundles out of them. Made them look really lovely
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
I would have really struggled with a long engagement. The second I got engaged Facebook bombarded me with wedding adverts.

I've been quite good at not booking unnecessary stuff, but this week I have been very tempted by a sweetie table and personalised m&m's as favours..

I would have gone full on crackers with 2 years to get tempted..
Old 11 Jan 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We’ve got currently 86 for the day and an extra 80 for the evening.

We couldn’t have a short engagement as when we got engaged we were still paying off our last trip to Florida. And we both wanted a big wedding so figured we would have it 2.5 years later and save as much as we can .

We wanted completely personalised invites so OH has designed them and our best mans wife works for a printing company so we will get them done through her which is great! We’ve got lovely save the dates so we have spent about £50 on those but they’re really cute!

With Florida being the main focus and us unfortunately struggling our way through a rubbish year last year, it stopped us going too mental getting bits and bobs we don’t really need. Still booking the photo booth this month though 😂.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Went for my dress fitting today - first time I’ve had it on or seen it properly for a few months so was a bit nervous! Good news in that it still fits after Christmas ... it’s even more beautiful than I remembered and I really do feel amazing in it. I keep looking at myself thinking “I have a waist! ” So excited to wear it!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Went for my dress fitting today - first time I’ve had it on or seen it properly for a few months so was a bit nervous! Good news in that it still fits after Christmas ... it’s even more beautiful than I remembered and I really do feel amazing in it. I keep looking at myself thinking “I have a waist! ” So excited to wear it!
Oh i’m so glad, mine gives me a figure I really don’t have as well, really streamlines me. It was the first dress I tried on and I only went to that shop.

I think my fitting is about Valentine’s Day, hope I can lose the Christmas weight by then
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We’ve got currently 86 for the day and an extra 80 for the evening.

We couldn’t have a short engagement as when we got engaged we were still paying off our last trip to Florida. And we both wanted a big wedding so figured we would have it 2.5 years later and save as much as we can .

We wanted completely personalised invites so OH has designed them and our best mans wife works for a printing company so we will get them done through her which is great! We’ve got lovely save the dates so we have spent about £50 on those but they’re really cute!

With Florida being the main focus and us unfortunately struggling our way through a rubbish year last year, it stopped us going too mental getting bits and bobs we don’t really need. Still booking the photo booth this month though 😂.
That is a lot of people, but it will be really lovely.
He literally knows rafts of people. And his Dad really would have liked every acquaintance out there to be invited to the evening but we had to put our foot down, not before he had ‘accidentally done it though for a few’

We are pretty set at 52 for the ceremony and we can have 100 for the night, but i’m hoping it will be a little less. I have mild social anxiety so don’t fancy stressing about getting round everyone.

He has said though that he will personally ensure he chats to every guest, and for me just to try to relax and have a good time, which I thought was very sweet, but I do need to try not to ignore people..