Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Good point on the Metro Govt building – have added that now

Ghibli – I loved a few of the films I saw, “Laputa” was the first anime I ever saw as a kid one cold Xmas on Granada TV…………… I even imported the Japanese laser disc of it lol ! I really do enjoy their films but my partner is cold on them. I have seen mostly WOW reviews of the place but while I think I would enjoy a visit, as there are no pics inside (the giant robot in the garden is a photo op that nearly on its own ants to make me go! ) there have been a rare few who it did not meet expectations – and fear that might be me. Anyway, it is off cards, but will be buying merch from the stores around Tokyo.

Robot restaurant looks very…… intense for me!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rae21 View Post
Me and DS are huge anime/manga fans so our trip looking like this:

Studio Ghibli Museum (if we can get tickets)
Ikebukuro - Sunshine City, Animate, Pokemon Center
Akihabara - Gachapon Hall (has 500 machines)
Asakusa - Sensoji Temple
Shinjuku - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Centre
Harajuku- Meiji Jingu Shrine, Daiso Store (largest in Japan)
Ueno Park
Imperial Palace Gardens
Tokyo Tower - One Piece Floor (an anime if you don’t already know lol)
Nakano Broadway
Mt.Takao
Tokyo Disney and Disneysea (2 days maybe 3)

Collect Eki stamps from stations (if they still do them) - also stamps available at most landmarks, museums etc
Collect Temple stamps (Goshuin)

I’m sure I’ll still be adding stuff and changing things for a while yet 😄
So many things the same !
I have that Daiso added, but the store does not look that big from the street on Google street view..all part of the fun to see what it is like!

Gachapon – I have recently become obsessed with these! I found them by accident while looking at YT video of TDR – and found the KAWAII ARCADE MASTERS channel and love the weird and wonderful things you can get in them! Think might be buying quite a few of them myself lol.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scarling10 View Post
Im here now and doing my Disney days the next 4 days (currently 6am on first Disney day) but the last week ive covered most things on your list above and can agree with most of them. 109 isnt that great however. Lol

Did Ghibli museum yesterday and was awesome.
Can you describe inside please a bit?
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The inside of Ghibli is an intensely themed Ghibli mecca. 4 exhibit rooms surrounding animation and ghibli in general that are very interesting and beautiful. There is a cinema screening room showing their original short animations which is great and photo ops are excellent and its surroundings picturesque. Loved every second. Wasnt a long experience in itself but getting out there and back to mitaka took a little while too.

Just finished my first 14 hour disney day. Exhausted now. Haha
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Think my visit to the Ghibli cream puff store and the merch in general, will be as close as I can get to Ghibli
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by monkeehanger View Post
I forgot to mention that Hakone is a great day trip from Tokyo - there's a train trip that covers the journey there, access to the volcanic area and also the 'pirate' ship back (google it and you'll find it easy). The museum of modern art there is really good too.
We are planning a day trip to Hakone and also one to Nikko.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rae21 View Post
Me and DS are huge anime/manga fans so our trip looking like this:

Studio Ghibli Museum (if we can get tickets)
Ikebukuro - Sunshine City, Animate, Pokemon Center
Akihabara - Gachapon Hall (has 500 machines)
Asakusa - Sensoji Temple
Shinjuku - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Centre
Harajuku- Meiji Jingu Shrine, Daiso Store (largest in Japan)
Ueno Park
Imperial Palace Gardens
Tokyo Tower - One Piece Floor (an anime if you don’t already know lol)
Nakano Broadway
Mt.Takao
Tokyo Disney and Disneysea (2 days maybe 3)

Collect Eki stamps from stations (if they still do them) - also stamps available at most landmarks, museums etc
Collect Temple stamps (Goshuin)

I’m sure I’ll still be adding stuff and changing things for a while yet 😄
Bandai - do they make ALL the gatchapon? I have found their official web site to keep an eye out for things that might be of interest / be available while I am there, but just wondered.
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Think they are the main one - but Tomy do some as well. Found Gashapon.jp website which shows some of the upcoming releases for each month (in Japanese obviously) but has pictures 😄
I also have been watching kawaiiarcademasters - getting tips on playing the arcade games lol
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Added that site and I follow Nancy too!

I have a secret hope will run into her when am there lol
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Today we did the viator 'mt fuji and aokigahara forest and ice caves tour' and it was absolutely incredible. Id totally recommend it to anyone. Fuji is beautiful and the ice caves exploration is out if this world. So cool.
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List