Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Feb 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I just threatened to cancel and got £50 a month off my bill

Me DH: DS:11 DS:7:
2003: DLRP - Santa Fe
2007, 2008, 2010, 2016: POR
2009: NYC in Feb for DH 30th B'day,
lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Ours was a £8 per month rise but we do have phone and broadband with them too.

I only really watch the TV programs that would be available on freeview but my husband couldn’t live without Sky.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Thinking of cancelling it - or at least some of the bundles. The movies nowadays are absolutely dross! All the good ones you have to pay for in the Sky Store and they put no new decent ones on. The majority are all old 80s films. Only channel we watch a lot is Eurosport for the cycling. Does anyone know if I cancelled the sports package I could still get Eurosport?
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Thinking of cancelling it - or at least some of the bundles. The movies nowadays are absolutely dross! All the good ones you have to pay for in the Sky Store and they put no new decent ones on. The majority are all old 80s films. Only channel we watch a lot is Eurosport for the cycling. Does anyone know if I cancelled the sports package I could still get Eurosport?
We just have the basic entertainment package plus kids and get Eurosport 1&2
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
If you are getting it half price after each annual call you must be getting the service free by now 😂😉
Ha ha I wish, it goes back to full price after the 12 month “contract”.
It’s just a game, I wish they would just charge a sensible price and I wouldn’t have to call/web chat with the pretence of cancelling.
I wouldn’t bother having it but dh just complained last time we didn’t have it for a week. The recording is handy.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
G

There is some many other options to get your tv without paying these rip off prices. Best thing I did was cancelling many years ago.
2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:POR 2007:AKL 2008:BWV-OKW 2009:BWV-VB-RPH 2010:Villa-HRH 2011:BWV-HRH-VB 2012:VB-OKW-BWV-HRH 2013:OKW-BWV-HRH 2014:OKW-BLT-HRH 2015:HRH-OKW-BWV-PVB 2016:OKW-HRH-BWV-PVB 2017: BWV - PVB 2018: BWV - PVB 2019: BWV - CC
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I hate this time of year, everything seems to go up. Council tax is due any day now which will go up 5-10% and we still have huge potholes and the street lights have been turned off. Just negotiated cheaper deal for phone and broadband with BT and paid my current bill to them. Also paid gas and electricity bill, which was expensive as it covered the winter period. Water rates are due in March. Have to ring Sky in two weeks time to play the game of ‘I’m leaving unless you drop my prices’ . Obviously, had to book holidays in January so have paid for flights and hotels for Croatia and Vietnam (had to make sure we covered those ‘bills’ 😂 )

Edited at 07:37 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skelfbsfb View Post
There is some many other options to get your tv without paying these rip off prices. Best thing I did was cancelling many years ago.
Yup I learned this soon after getting my internet installed

Old 28 Feb 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I hate this time of year, everything seems to go up. Council tax is due any day now which will go up 5-10% and we still have huge potholes and the street lights have been turned off. Just negotiated cheaper deal for phone and broadband with BT and paid my current bill to them. Also paid gas and electricity bill, which was expensive as it covered the winter period. Water rates are due in March. Have to ring Sky in two weeks time to play the game of ‘I’m leaving unless you drop my prices’ . Obviously, had to book holidays in January so have paid for flights and hotels for Croatia and Vietnam (had to make sure we covered those ‘bills’ 😂 )
How do you manage to get a BT cheaper deal ? I need your skills , I'm useless at haggling, if I threatened to leave they would let me 😩 I wish it was a fair playing ground and a reasonable set price for all and none of this swamping the TV with adverts promoting their product , it must cost them millions in marketing, if I hear James Nesbitt's voice once more I will scream 😖 same as Sky , it's none stop adverts promoting their product , so monotonous .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
How do you manage to get a BT cheaper deal ? I need your skills , I'm useless at haggling, if I threatened to leave they would let me 😩 I wish it was a fair playing ground and a reasonable set price for all and none of this swamping the TV with adverts promoting their product , it must cost them millions in marketing, if I hear James Nesbitt's voice once more I will scream 😖 same as Sky , it's none stop adverts promoting their product , so monotonous .
We were at the end of our contract with them, so I noticed Sky were offering a deal for £29 per month in their January sale. I rang BT and said my husband was considering changing to Sky but could they match the offer? They did so, and upgraded my regular broadband (where I had speeds of around 2mbps) to super fast (now we get 11mbps) which still isn’t super fast but we live in a rural area so we are pleased with the improvement. They also sent me their new Hub free of charge. So we saved £16 pm and have a better deal 😀

I always bargain. The secret is do the research, so look for the best offers around then ring your provider and say you are thinking of leaving for the better deal unless they can match the offer. I am always polite and friendly but confident that I am asking for a reasonable discount. I hate having to do it, they should automatically be offering good deals, but I always get what I ask for 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List