Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Feb 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We were at the end of our contract with them, so I noticed Sky were offering a deal for £29 per month in their January sale. I rang BT and said my husband was considering changing to Sky but could they match the offer? They did so, and upgraded my regular broadband (where I had speeds of around 2mbps) to super fast (now we get 11mbps) which still isn’t super fast but we live in a rural area so we are pleased with the improvement. They also sent me their new Hub free of charge. So we saved £16 pm and have a better deal 😀

I always bargain. The secret is do the research, so look for the best offers around then ring your provider and say you are thinking of leaving for the better deal unless they can match the offer. I am always polite and friendly but confident that I am asking for a reasonable discount. I hate having to do it, they should automatically be offering good deals, but I always get what I ask for 😀
DisneyDaffodil, how close were you to the end of your BT contract? We’re about 3 months out but I can’t get any reduction unless I take a sim only deal as an extra, I said no to that, I agree they should just offer their best deals x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
DisneyDaffodil, how close were you to the end of your BT contract? We’re about 3 months out but I can’t get any reduction unless I take a sim only deal as an extra, I said no to that, I agree they should just offer their best deals x
We were in the last month of the contract so it was very close but I would ring anytime in the last two months.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Thinking of cancelling it - or at least some of the bundles. The movies nowadays are absolutely dross! All the good ones you have to pay for in the Sky Store and they put no new decent ones on. The majority are all old 80s films. Only channel we watch a lot is Eurosport for the cycling. Does anyone know if I cancelled the sports package I could still get Eurosport?
You can get Eurosport player which is actually better than normal Eurosport. It’s an app on your phone and then we used a chrome cast to watch in the tv. I got it for the olympics as they had every competition whereas Eurosport on the tv often just had the highlights or finals.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Just had an E Mail, my prices go up by £3 from April.

Hey ho it's still good value but I detest this time of year when all the price rises come in such as E.E, Welsh Water, Council Tax etc etc.

That's it I am going to go and live in a cave and pay nothing.
I read on the news yesterday that BBC and ITV are going to setting up Britbox in the UK and it will be £5 a month to subscribe! I already pay my bbc license fee. Do we get a reduction on that then?
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
I read on the news yesterday that BBC and ITV are going to setting up Britbox in the UK and it will be £5 a month to subscribe! I already pay my bbc license fee. Do we get a reduction on that then?
I dont know sorry. However as far as I am concerned we shouldn't pay a BBC licence fee. Put adverts on and make it free. 90% of the stuff is crap anyhow.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Our council has just confirmed a 9.5% increase in Council Tax for this year (we're in Wales, so it's increased every year and wasn't frozen like it was in England for so many years). O2 have already hit us with their increase. Just waiting on everyone else doing the same over the coming weeks.
Same as ours, we're also in Wales plus we have to pay £30 if we want them to take our brown bin
Old 2 Mar 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Thinking of cancelling it - or at least some of the bundles. The movies nowadays are absolutely dross! All the good ones you have to pay for in the Sky Store and they put no new decent ones on. The majority are all old 80s films. Only channel we watch a lot is Eurosport for the cycling. Does anyone know if I cancelled the sports package I could still get Eurosport?
Yes you can.
Lines are horrendously busy at the moment, you can remove Cinema and Sports on the my sky app if you don't want to call.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Has anyone got / seen a good comparison tool for now/sky /virgin etc TV channels please?

We could do with a bit of a TV channel audit and see who actually watches what in our house.

I suspect, when it boils down to it, we limit ourselves to only a few key channels.

Edited at 09:17 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I dont know sorry. However as far as I am concerned we shouldn't pay a BBC licence fee. Put adverts on and make it free. 90% of the stuff is crap anyhow.
What makes you think they could take enough advertising revenue away from where it is now?

I think 90% is a silly statement.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Has anyone got / seen a good comparison tool for now/sky /virgin etc TV channels please?

We could do with a bit of a TV channel audit and see who actually watches what in our house.

I suspect, when it boils down to it, we limit ourselves to only a few key channels.
That's a good idea, although I work on the tech side when it goes nuts i do get involved on this side of things too and it's amazing when you go through what people actually watch how many are paying for channels they never actually watch and have just historically asked for the same again even though they may (for example) have kids too old for kids channels now but still pay extra to have them and would do better on an amended package. A bit of self profiling before ringing up is a good idea.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List