Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Mar 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Has anyone used 'Car in the Drive'?

Hi all! I have been put onto a Kissimmee car company called 'Car in the Drive' that offers an airport transfer service, with our rental waiting at the villa. Has anyone used this firm and how did you find it? I haven't requested a quote yet, and suspect it will be more expensive than a standard car hire, but like the idea of not having to hang around at the airport on arrival. Thanks!
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Years ago they were always regarded as a great company, not much mention of them these days on here.

The last time i got a quote a few years ago their price was around £700 more than just hiring the car from one of the big names at the airport therefore not cost effective for me.

The savings can be had if there are for example 7 people and luggage as the luggage for 7 will not fit in a Full Size SUV with all the seats in use, which forces people to have to get a Premium SUV, ie Surburban etc..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Thanks, RickT. That's quite a substantial hike. We would be a party of five so likely five full size suitcases (and whatever memorabilia returns with us!). The luggage factor is something I need to consider when researching car models as we've never travelled with that much before.
Old 9 Mar 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angel_eyes View Post
Thanks, RickT. That's quite a substantial hike. We would be a party of five so likely five full size suitcases (and whatever memorabilia returns with us!). The luggage factor is something I need to consider when researching car models as we've never travelled with that much before.
That's like comparing economy flights with first class. You get the best fit car plus two airport transfers. I believe there is no. Young driver suppliment.
Old 9 Mar 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Years ago they were always regarded as a great company, not much mention of them these days on here.
You're right, used to be mentioned weekly, now, not so much, wonder why?

Reminds me that USRentacar used to be the darling of rental on here (despite no free cancellations) and now Andy (DFCH) is the King of car rental (and he does offer a great service!)
Old 9 Mar 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

We used them in 2010. Had great service. Seem to remember they offered discount for Dibbers. You can always obtain a quote, you don’t have to accept it if you don’t think it’s worth it. The next time we hired a car we picked it up from the swan and dolphin hotel. No way would I want to faff about at the airport picking one up. When we went to Las Vegas we did the same and picked one up from a hotel pick up and drop off.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
You're right, used to be mentioned weekly, now, not so much, wonder why?

Reminds me that USRentacar used to be the darling of rental on here (despite no free cancellations) and now Andy (DFCH) is the King of car rental (and he does offer a great service!)

I think that car hire is much more competitive now. that combined with a exhange rate of say $1.70 to £1 probably made it a comparable price.

Even back in 2010 / 12 time, it was still expensive.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Thanks everyone. I always appreciate input from dibbers!
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Is the Company still up for sale?

Strange they don't do live pricing.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We used them in 2017 and using them again in 2019 would highly recommend!

Fab service all round
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List