Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Mar 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
If I had a dollar for every time Disney "reps" have been wrong about this in the past I could afford dinner at Jaleo.

The vast majority of 2020 rooms aren't even on sale yet
This did make me laugh 🤣
I think I have heard this every year since about 2008 but have had DDP free every year so far, it may of course be true but i won’t panic yet 😀

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
We're not going to know for sure until next month...as far as I'm aware Disney are keeping it all hushed until 11 April when the offers are announced so not sure how the TA's you refer to are in the know. Are you sure it isn't also hearsay to them?

I recently spoke to Virgin and they are still in the dark and have said Disney are not telling them anything until next month.
I'm not surprised after the VH early selling fiasco last year!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We're not planning on going next year, but if we were and free dining wasn't offered, then I'd be looking at whatever the alternative offer was and weighing up our options based on that.
Same here. I can't drive so staying off site isn't an option since most of my days are spent at Disney and I don't want to get an Uber every day.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve not been here as long as others but I remember this rumour being trotted out every year since I’ve been here! I think the only certainty we can count on is that this rumour will come up every year! 😄
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Helen & LittleD View Post
Oh gosh, all the not knowing, just a few weeks to go and we will all be in the know 😀
Would it stop anyone booking? Would you opt to go off site and travel in saving some money or would you just take the higher cost or pay out of pocket for meals?
Decisions decisions these things are all going through my head haha
Either way we will be going just unsure of how and when exactly 😀
All speculation but to answer your question, if free dining isn't offered we'd look to book a villa for the entire stay. The DDP and 60 day FP access are the main things that tempt us to stay on site. We've only been once before and did 1 week onsite, 1 week villa and for 2020 we are hoping to just do 2 weeks onsite but the big downside to that is no privacy, as we're 2a, 2c, youngest will be 7 by then. That second week in the villa last year was bliss as we were shattered by then, and it meant we could sleep in for an extra hour or so whilst the kids watched tv in their bedrooms. None of that onsite so lack of DDP would really swing things for us, shifting in favour of off site and I'd just use the Dibb FP checker tool to try and make up for the lack of 60 day FP access!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Could be just another rumour like it has been for however many years but it wouldn’t surprise me if Disney did pull the free DDP due to the draw of GE. I guess we’ll see what happens next month 🤷🏼
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would look at the good neighbor hotels as an option as it comes with the 60 day FP now
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

I think they’ll offer some type of deal. I like free ddp but if not I think they’ll be something. The way I see it is that if I compare the current pricing for the hotel we want (yacht club) with a deluxe at universal then universal is currently £185 per room per night cheaper. The free dining plan puts the two hotels on a more even footing. Now GE will bring in more guests but I think that Disney will do some sort of offer that brings the total cost down to slightly more in line with its competitors.

I might be wrong but it feels to me like the on-site hotels are already way over inflated in comparsion to hotels which are in the area and are just as nice. It’s almost like the rack rate is greatly increased to make us think we’re getting a good deal with free ddp 😉
Seriously though, we really want the whole bubble experience but if it’s too pricey will look at other good hotels for part of the stay. Can do some nice things with £185 per night !

Edited at 01:24 PM.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Deja vu - I've learnt not to panic about rumours like this - don't let it spoil anyone's dreams just yet. Think happy thoughts everyone.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
I would look at the good neighbor hotels as an option as it comes with the 60 day FP now
And EMH access