Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Mar 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Hollywood studios disabled parking

Anyone know if the disabled parking area at Hollywood Studios is being changed? It is horrible to get to, you have to drive across the buses trying to get to the bus stops, and also the parking area is far too small - unless you are there before rope-drop, you don't stand a chance of finding a space!

I know lots of changes are being made to the car parking spaces at the Studios in general, but I just wondered if this included the disabled car park.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is in the wrong place, and should be in the "special needs" section).
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Anyone know if the disabled parking area at Hollywood Studios is being changed? It is horrible to get to, you have to drive across the buses trying to get to the bus stops, and also the parking area is far too small - unless you are there before rope-drop, you don't stand a chance of finding a space!

I know lots of changes are being made to the car parking spaces at the Studios in general, but I just wondered if this included the disabled car park.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is in the wrong place, and should be in the "special needs" section).
Lots of changes from yesterday as the new Bus Station opened, so the Buses should now be heading there instead of the temporary stops which I think caused a lot of problems. There is new car parking being built too, whether that will have the Disabled area in it I can't tell you. The entrances to the car parks, and the tram stops are all changing ahead of GE opening. Basically the Buses, Trams, Skyliner are all together and near the Boats too, like a big transport hub. I am guessing all the new parking is intended to be completed before the end of August.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Well thank you very much, most helpful. We don't go until the beginning of December so I reckon by the time we get there all the car park changes should be done!

I'd forgotten about the Skyliner, doh! We are staying at Caribbean Beach so the days we go to the Studios, we may just ditch the car and go by Skyliner - DH really hates parking at the Studios!
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Well thank you very much, most helpful. We don't go until the beginning of December so I reckon by the time we get there all the car park changes should be done!

I'd forgotten about the Skyliner, doh! We are staying at Caribbean Beach so the days we go to the Studios, we may just ditch the car and go by Skyliner - DH really hates parking at the Studios!
Well the recent news on the Skyliner is they have been testing the gondolas on the CBR to HS Line for some time now, and one of the blogs is indicating that CM's have been told they will be involved in full testing at beginning of April so certainly that line will be running by then, Testing has started on the AoA/Pop Century line this week as well, so work is proceeding at pace. My guess is they will try and finish it and have it operational by GE opening

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Last month we ventured to the disabled parking at HS - you seem to drive round 3 sides of the main car park to get there, but no longer do a tango with the buses. We did notice that the parking spaces themselves are much tighter than previously but there were more of them, almost opposite the Skyliner station.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List