Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Mar 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

NOW TV - Any one got it?

Any one got Now TV & can tell me what they think about it please.
DH adamant he is not paying nearly £70 a month to SKY now the price going up again.
The only sport he is interested in is the Formula 1 & we want Movies & channels like Fox, Atlantic, Witness, Dave etc.
I notice on their website you can do a 1 off payment for the F1 season which might be just right for us
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I piggy back my daughters (at her suggestion). Just use it for the movies tho.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

It's ok as a pay to watch service if you have decent broadband speed to stream the shows you want to watch. The channels you have listed are available and if you go with the one of payment for formula 1 you get all the sports channels not just F1. Just make sure you cancel before the expiry date of the promotion as they won't remind you.

We got the movies and entertainment in the black Friday sale, I think the movie selection is limited for new releases but a good selection of older movies.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I moved to Now Tv nearly two years ago and have never looked back, it is good and I save a bomb to paying for Sky. I did miss not being able to record programmes at first but you get used to just using streaming. They do a 14 day trial so why not see how you get on with it?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I moved to Now Tv nearly two years ago and have never looked back, it is good and I save a bomb to paying for Sky. I did miss not being able to record programmes at first but you get used to just using streaming. They do a 14 day trial so why not see how you get on with it?
That's really interesting, sorry if a stupid question but do you just stream through Broad Band & dont need a box or anything & can you stream to just 1 TV ? I know nothing about it so interested to work out how much it would save by having it rather than SKY
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
That's really interesting, sorry if a stupid question but do you just stream through Broad Band & dont need a box or anything & can you stream to just 1 TV ? I know nothing about it so interested to work out how much it would save by having it rather than SKY
You do it over BB, you can do it on your laptop or get a box/stick. I have the stick and DD piggy backs it too from her house with a stick. If you wanted to watch on the tv you would need the stick or box, you may be able to 'mirror' it to your tv from your laptop or phone but I wasn't able to do that as I have apple and it is not compatible with my tv. You can have four devices signed up to each account (sticks, boxes, laptops) and two devices using it at the same time. I often look for special offer codes too, I went to cancel the other day and got offered it for £3.20 a month for three months, this was for the entertainment channels and the boxsets. DH likes to watch the football in the pub for the social side of the game but there are also offer around for the sports too if wanted.

There are often offers on the stick too tesco/groceries/en-G...ucts/300225828

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

I use my friends with his permission - I really like it. Has a good selection of movies and TV and they are updated regularly.
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I got rid of Sky last year with the plan of using Now TV and freeview... Haven't even bothered with a free view box. We have Movies and Entertainment... Also have a Netflix and Amazon Prime subscription. Loads to watch and still paying less than we were with Sky.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have Now and Netflix and Amazon Prime for less than sky and always have lots to watch.
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Really interesting thanks everybody. Have also checked them out on-line, didnt realise they are owned by SKY anyway & just their streaming service. Now to convince DH about them.