Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I have a good hour long phone call with Virgin every year regarding our package, normally resulting in us cancelling, sending back the equipment & retaking out a new contract in hubby's name or vise versa.

We currently pay £40 for broadband, home phone (weekend calls) and the basic TV package. All we really use is the Broadband but this on its own is about the same price as the bundle so we stick with all three.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Cinema is £18 so your £11 is already reduced.

Suggestion ... don't say you want the same package ... as the new Entertainment pack with bolt ons for HD, Kids and Boxsets ( or your choice of some of them) often works out cheaper. Lots of people seem to have Boxsets but have never watched them ... or kids have grown out of the kids channels but people just ask for "same again". Not always the best way to ask to get everything you want the cheapest.

Landline and Fibre £27

Originally Posted by KC2014 View Post
We have sky tv but our broadband and phone is plusnet so cant help with prices for that sorry. I have just phoned this week as I hadn’t noticed that our deal had ended and we are now paying £93 per month for tv only! They offered me basic entertainment package £23, add on box sets £5, add on films £11 and our multiroom is £13 so £52 total. Said that was the best they could do and we would be tied in for 18 months which didn’t suit me. I didn’t do anything and will phone back next week to see if I can get a better price for films. The best deal we got was when I actually formally cancelled as we were signing up with Virgin then virgin realised there was no cabling in our street (I know you think they would know!). We went back to Sky and got a great deal but that was the circumstances at the time. I would call and get them to break it all down, start with the basic package and add on each choice you want. You might get a better deal fingers crossed. For broadband and phone again check what she’s paying for as she won’t need super fast that is designed for multiple devices streaming all at once etc. I think they oversell when probably something more basic would do. Good luck!
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

I think you have to view it as 2 bills.

The Phone/Broadband part
The TV part.

I pay £53 for Movies, Box Sets, Multiroom & Sky Go Extra

And unlimited super fast broadband for £25 a month.

Under £80 for everything except Sky Sports
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Just did this tonight. Was told the same as your MIL last week, tonight I got it down to £71, which I was happy with. It’s worth a call back.
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Here is a breakdown of my sky:
TV part of the package;
Sky entertainment - £22 (includes a £5 discount)
Sky box sets - £5
Sky Cinema - £10 (includes a £9 discount)
Sky HD - £5
Sky Q Multiscreen Pack - £13.00

My broadband and Phone;
Sky Fibre Max - £13.01 (includes a £13.99 discount)
Sky Talk Line Rental - £18.99

I hate it, when my contract is up I am leaving sky its so damn expensive.

Hope that gives you an indication. I am in a 18 month contract for TV which started May last year, but my phone/broadband contract is up so I can leave at anytime for that (we are moving in a couple of months so leaving as is for now).

Edited to add it is all bout to go up too on the 1st April, and extra £3 on the TV side and on phone but unsure what that will be.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been on the phone again to them I told them she wants it cancelled so I was put through to that department!
The result is she has a new package with everything in she had before.. box sets cinema tv package broadband anytime phone calls
I got it all for £58 !
Thanks for all your advice guys!