Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Once you get to see your private gynaecologist you may find that they will refer you to the nhs if they think it’s something that would be better dealt with by them?

This was the case for me when I was referred for my RA. I went to see a private rheumatologist and he referred me to the nhs and actually turned out to be my nhs rheumatologist! It’s worth asking if they find something that should be treated in hospital.

Good luck

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Good morning everyone
I have wanted to write this post for a while now, but have had a hard time coming to terms with what has happened and I’m still not sure how to write it.
In January I started to feel very uncomfortable. I have seen three different doctors, with the last telling me it is mostly likely a type of pelvic pain for which the are no cures. Only a few different things to lighten the symptoms. I was given amitriptyline. But I have since spoken to many woman who have taken it and they tell me to stay well clear because they turn you into a vegetable. I’m currently waiting on my private healthcare to approve me seeing a gynaecologist as my doctor won’t refer me to one at my local NHS hospital. I am so afraid, this came on so suddenly, I’m 29 years old. I’ve joined groups on Facebook for pelvic pain and it’s awful, the bleakest place I can imagine, full of woman unable to work, walk or be intimate. I took my health for granted, I put off going exciting places till my daughter was older and I really wish I hadn’t. Please don’t ever put anything off.
You need to push the referral through for a scan - just be very clear with the doctor about your request and why you need to be referred x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I took amitriptyline a few years ago and I didn't feel any effects whatsoever, unlike the Carbemazepine I tried before that which made me feel drunk! Try the Amitriptyline, and see what your private appointment brings.
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

From my own personal research it is either interstitial cystitis (but it doesn’t fit the symptoms quite right) or a weird sort of Vulvodynia that is completely internal as there’s no pain from touch. I am praying that it is actually muscular and that physio will help. But regular pain killers don’t help which makes me think it is a problem with my nerves.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I used to frequent a forum for my painful condition. I thought it would be handy for tips on coping with pain, medication etc. I had to leave it. It brought out the worst negativity in people. There was a few kind souls who offered support, practical advice and virtual hugs. But it was mostly a ‘who is in the most pain’ competition. I saw a pattern emerging of people posting for support, only to be followed by others saying how worse off they where. The “I’m having a great day, glad to be pain free” posts that lift the spirits, became non existent in the end. Obviously this is only one experience of that type of forum. But if you don’t feel that it’s helping you, or that’s it’s depressing you, I’d leave it.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Any drug will have people posting negatively about it, the people who take it and are happy usually don’t research and post...and not every drug is suitable for everyone, things work differently for different people. Don’t let them put you off taking a drug which most likely will help you... your GP is unlikely to prescribe you something he thinks will turn you into a zombie!
Good luck...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

People only tend to write awful reviews on medication, never the positive.

Me and Amitriptalyne do not get on. Didn’t turn me into a vegetable, I was absolutely off my face. Everything was hysterical, I genuinely just looked like I’d drunk bottles of vodka and forgotten to eat before hand.

A friend of mine takes it with no side affects at it. Different people react in different ways. Most people end up spaced out on tramadol, it does nothing for me, not even attempt to help the pain

Try it, and keep pushing for a scan.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
I used to frequent a forum for my painful condition. I thought it would be handy for tips on coping with pain, medication etc. I had to leave it. It brought out the worst negativity in people. There was a few kind souls who offered support, practical advice and virtual hugs. But it was mostly a ‘who is in the most pain’ competition. I saw a pattern emerging of people posting for support, only to be followed by others saying how worse off they where. The “I’m having a great day, glad to be pain free” posts that lift the spirits, became non existent in the end. Obviously this is only one experience of that type of forum. But if you don’t feel that it’s helping you, or that’s it’s depressing you, I’d leave it.
That is exactly what it’s like, many woman lamenting their partners leaving them too. I have unfollowed it so that the new posts don’t show on my feed, but I may leave them incase I am ever tempted to look again.
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Stop googling/self diagnosing. It could be anything! Go back to your GP to discuss.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
People only tend to write awful reviews on medication, never the positive.

Me and Amitriptalyne do not get on. Didn’t turn me into a vegetable, I was absolutely off my face. Everything was hysterical, I genuinely just looked like I’d drunk bottles of vodka and forgotten to eat before hand.

A friend of mine takes it with no side affects at it. Different people react in different ways. Most people end up spaced out on tramadol, it does nothing for me, not even attempt to help the pain

Try it, and keep pushing for a scan.
Did you find something that does help you with pain?