Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Sorry to hear that and I hope you get an answer soon. I have no experience of pelvic pain but I have taken amitriptyline for shoulder pain and it was fine and really helped. I took at it night and had great sleeps but never made me drowsy the next day so I wouldn't not take it, give it a try and see for yourself and hopefully it helps until you get some further answers.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile

I have used amytryptaline for chronic pain and whilst initially I was a bit fuzzy in the morning I adjusted the time I took it at night so it worked for me.
Good luck.
Old 25 Mar 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I've only read pages 1 and 4 so forgive me if this is a repeat, but my advise is to stop Dr Googling things, stop joining online forums for 'pelvic pain' and try the meds the GP has recommended.

It's the most dangerous thing to self diagnose, or worse, read and listen to stories and believe them without question.
I took amitriptyline for a trapped nerve - took it for a 7 day period as prescribed. Got told very clearly to take it only at bed time as it caused drowsiness - it was great and really helped me sleep with no pain.

Hopefully your GP will work through some conditions he/she thinks it may be and will find the cause. Just remember that the NHS is not a fast machine and it's not made of money - the cogs move slowly and every penny has to be justified, so GPs can't just refer you for things as you wish (of course they can for emergencies).

Fingers crossed you get a an answer soon, but in the meantime, stop believing the negativity about things without trying it yourself.
Old 25 Mar 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I was prescribed amytriptyline for post natal depression, a really mild dose, 5mg, it did make me a little dozy the first couple of days, but then my body adjusted and it really did help my anxiety. Reading forums etc can be supportive but could also make you feel worse as you are reading all the horror stories? I really hope that you feel better soon MrsO.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been taking amitriotyline for years for nerve pain. It helps keep me pain free for the most part and I take before bed with the added bonus it helps me get to sleep. The only side effect for me is my mouth is dry in the morning x
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

My sister is going through what it sounds like you are atm, her's started in Oct although she has had MRI's and scans. She has been back and forth to the GP, she has been put on some medication which she has been taking for 3 weeks which has made no difference.

She wants a Hysterectomy but has been refused due to her age ( 42) its interesting to read above that someone had one at 39.

The only thing I can say is keep going back and letting them know you are still in pain. I wish I had an answer for you but sadly I don't I just wanted to let you know it seems to be a wide spread thing for ladies.
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I take amitryptaline daily to combat migraine. I have had no side effects whatsoever. I take it at night and feel fine in the morning.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
My sister is going through what it sounds like you are atm, her's started in Oct although she has had MRI's and scans. She has been back and forth to the GP, she has been put on some medication which she has been taking for 3 weeks which has made no difference.

She wants a Hysterectomy but has been refused due to her age ( 42) its interesting to read above that someone had one at 39.

The only thing I can say is keep going back and letting them know you are still in pain. I wish I had an answer for you but sadly I don't I just wanted to let you know it seems to be a wide spread thing for ladies.
It was me that posted about having a hysterectomy at 39years old. I had suffered with endometriosis since the age of 14, in daily pain, some days mild, others needed to be admitted for opiate analgesia. I had right ovary and tube removed at 14, later on an ectopic pregnancy ennucleated from left tube and suffered a miscarriage. Various operations and drug therapies over the years.

I always knew I would end up having a hysterectomy and was desperate to get to 40 (due to surgical menopause) but didn't quite make it. My consultant (also a work colleague) couldn't believe how I had managed to function normally for so long with my pelvic organs in the state they were in!

So yes, I was only 39 but had suffered for 25 years excepting pregnancy/ breast feeding and when on zolodex

I hope your sister finds some relief soon.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post

I had a hysterectomy at 42 due to fibroids which caused very heavy periods. My consultant was going through various options but didn’t mention a hysterectomy until I did. Once I suggested it, he was all for it. One of the best decisions I ever made!

To the OP, I have/had possible IC. I was given a whole list of foods to avoid. I know you’re not convinced it’s that, but it might be worth a try - I’m sure at this point you’ll try anything! You have my sympathy xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I had a hysterectomy at 42 due to fibroids which caused very heavy periods. My consultant was going through various options but didn’t mention a hysterectomy until I did. Once I suggested it, he was all for it. One of the best decisions I ever made!

To the OP, I have/had possible IC. I was given a whole list of foods to avoid. I know you’re not convinced it’s that, but it might be worth a try - I’m sure at this point you’ll try anything! You have my sympathy xx
I have no pain on passing and only need to use the toilet twice a day and don’t even suffer any pain when my bladder is full. Which is what makes me doubtful of IC.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List