Villa owned by Dibber/member of public/locals etc. 325 69.74%
Disney hotels 88 18.88%
Local hotels 38 8.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jul 14, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the night before the flight in a hotel but it has to be a villa in Orlando, had two nights at AKL on our last visit but went back to the villa for the 2nd night, we really enjoy the space and being able to sit by the pool enjoying a glass of wine on an evening whilst the kids are tucked up in bed, just couldn't relax in the one room onsite. Resort was beautiful though and we did return in the morning to use the facilities.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 14, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Deffo Villa

I prefer the space and the pool.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 14, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
simno1
Excited about Disney

I love staying in a villa, I love the quietness of the areas, having a private pool, BBQ and the space.

We are trying a condo for the first time next year so will be interesting to see if we revert back to a villa again.
simno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 14, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilsa
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

We stayed in a villa with an overnight stay in Loews Royal Pacific Resort. It was great for the kids to play with other kids in the pool and on the big ship, but I couldn't imagine sharing 2 weeks in one room.

The villa we had was on the Hampton Estates and huge! Really handy for the parks and fab for the family.

I loved that I didn't have to pack half as many clothes due to the laundry room. We had loads of room and were masters of our own destiny!

First family Florida holiday August 2014
Disneyland Paris 2015
Florida 2017
Ilsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 14, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Afte thirteen visits in hotels even ones with suites we holidayed in a villa this year and loved it. Villa all the way for us
johnny1352 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 14, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilsa
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
... and hardly any washing to do when you get home!
G
Exactly! I literally lifted things out of the suitcase and back in to the wardrobes

First family Florida holiday August 2014
Disneyland Paris 2015
Florida 2017
Ilsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 14, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

We will be doing villa for the first time next year. We are hoping the space and more freedom will be better than being stuck in one hotel room with tired kids after parks. DDs are also excited at having own pool and ability to jump in and out as they like.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 14, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Villa for us, we are here at the moment on our 3rd week in a villa. We stayed at AOA for 2 nights the 1st week. We loved the experience and the theming of Nemo suite and hotel but missed our villa.
Nothing like opening your patio door and jumping in pool
Old 6 Sep 14, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Always a villa for us!
I did consider an on-site hotel recently for the experience and ease, but after 3 nights in a hotel with OH and 2 children I remembered why we always book apartments/villas for our holidays. No one gets decent sleep as they are disturbed by everyone else, you have to creep around when needing a night time wee etc.
I may sound anti social but I dont get the need to be around other people on holiday like the pool or bar, I go on holiday with my family to spend time with them, no one else. We went to Italy recently and a family down stairs seemed to think we wanted our children to play with theirs everyday, the kids didn't, so we had to keep avoiding them.

Also, 2 weeks without, ummm, adult time , would be an issue, I could of course survive but to me that's part of being away from the stress of work/normal family life, we can enjoy ourselves more
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Villa for us