Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 15, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to your food report Have a fab time.. 5 days
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 15, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cheers floridasun (2days for you ) and dismam, getting close now. Hope you'll like the updates.

Reckon I've got this set up and ready to go, here's a pic from a recent trip - some sort of dried fish to check I can get this working from iPad:

Edited at 09:15 AM. Reason: Experimenting with photo upload
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 15, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi

Not long for you now - just a little bit longer for me - we are staying at POR.

Neither of my daughters (12 and 9) like fizzy pop either so it will be water all the way for them.

Looking forward to reading all about your trip and the restaurants you visit.

Have a fantastic holiday.

Diane
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 15, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading your reports as you will be covering a lot of places we plan to visit next Easter with our DS who will then be 9. Have a fantastic trip
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 15, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
POOLIEJOOLIE
Apprentice Imagineer

POOLIEJOOLIE's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Alladinneed View Post
Me, 40'ish, chief planner and general disney fan, love Star Wars including the new cartoons. Otherwise I'd like to be Agent P from Phineas and Ferb, coolest platypus ever! I'm an aspiring foodie and all round nomnivore.
In that case you need to pick up a Doofenslurper from Epcot - my kids can't wait to try one [google it ]
Jul 2019 - AKL, Sep 2019 - DLP 36K RunDisney
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K RunDisney [cancelled ]Jul 2024 - California road trip & DL
POOLIEJOOLIE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 15, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Thanks Diane, Suzieqz and Pooliejulie I'll make sure the reviews cover the 9 year old worldview as well as the foodie view. May your countdowns be ever speedy

Loving the doofenslurper, secretly would like the Agent P lunchbox but not sure Id get away with it at work
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 15, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

So looking forward to your updates - I love a good food report.

Have a fab holiday!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 15, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Thanks MissFortune, almost there loving your thread, better get over there and say that!
Old 29 Mar 15, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Pre-Travel Day Dinner

Pre-Travel Day:

And we're off. Following days will not be so quick to arrive (takes much longer to do on iPad and phone than I expected!) but here's a little sampler for those who've stayed patient through my pre trip rambling.

Pre-travel day brought dinner at The Greets Inn which is in Warnham (near Horsham) and about a 12 mile/25 minute drive from Gatwick. We were passing anyway but having been there before it appeals a lot more than the chain-fest at the airport. Basically it's a family run pub with lovely old interior and nice food and for me, worth a little detour

Here's the menu, this is a shorter Sunday one, last time on a weekday I remember more choice including some large, gourmet type burger options.

For this meal only btw we are joined by 2 guest diners, my folks who are a spritely pair of septuagenarians house/cat sitting while we're away and also kindly running us to the airport.

Drinks wise dad had a Diet Coke, mum water while DD and DW ordered their respective signature drinks apple juice and jamesons diet coke. I had a pint of the guest ale which was called something like Ranmore - not bad but not a patch on the local Dark Star Hophead I had here last time to my tastes at least.

I went for the sausages here, pork and leek served with great mash and bowls of veggies (loads) we all shared. The sausages were decent but not spectacular by any means.

DW had the roast beef. This was really nice meat, not as pink as she prefers but quality and lots of it with good roasties and a Yorkshire. I helped her with this. This pic is pre-veg addition of course:

DW opted for the kids scampi and chips which also came with some salad. She liked this, realised after that it looks exactly like the chicken nuggets and fries she'll be asking for all holiday but at least we got some veg down her:

Mum and dad went for the cheesy mash topped shepherds pie and fish pie respectively. These looked identical (i.e. like a cartoon fantasy of a pie, look at it it's so damn beautiful ) so only one pic here of the shepherds. Both got rave reviews and disappeared completely, the fish pie especially was apparently rammed with white fish, prawns, salmon etc.

All in all the mains were a big hit. From here I skipped dessert, DW had a fairly standard pot of vanilla ice cream and DD a Smarties push up lolly which had only one mini Smartie at the bottom (stitched!), she took this very well. More interesting desserts, mum's creme brûlée with stem ginger which looked beautiful. She couldn't taste the ginger (for me this would be an advantage as hate it when chefs mess with brûlée by sticking random flavours through it). Anyway she loved it and gave me the homemade shortbread biscuit which was v nice with a subtle hint of lavender. Creme brûlée:

Dad had an apple crumble with cinnamon and custard which also went down well. I've done this one no favours with a photo fail that makes it look grim, it looked ok in the flesh though not as pretty as the brûlée. The photos at this meal were a little surreptitious to avoid having to explain the whole food blog thing to my folks (haven't even told DW and DD yet!).

This came to a touch over £80 which is pretty good for these parts, recommended.

Having said goodbye to the folks at the Premier Inn my snack happy family then started on cheese McCoys, Quavers and Cadbury's sandwich biscuits it's like how many minutes since you had dinner...

Recorded an average step count today of 9500. Tomorrow as travel day may be lower before we should start to hit big numbers in the parks. Stay tuned

Edited at 11:30 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 30 Mar 15, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Great start & great pics

Have a safe flight and a fantastic holiday. Looking forward to your updates
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List