Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile Advice please

Hi
Looking over my flights, I realise I'm flying from Edinburgh to Gatwick BA (south terminal) then
Gatwick to Orlando. Virgin (north terminal)
I have 1hr45 mins.
Is this enough time? I've never had to swop terminals before so am a bit worried.

Thanks if you can advise
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post

The shuttle is really quick & simple between the 2,that takes very little time,its more about time to get through security if your first flight is late & if u r flying at peak times.Has this been sold as a through ticket?just interested as u have a ba /virgin combo... ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

My guess is it's not a through ticket since BA and VS don't codeshare. So I'd be a little nervous with that gap if you have luggage as you'd have to collect bags from BA and drop at VS before check-in closes (an hour before IIRC) which reduces your window considerably.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cls123 View Post
The shuttle is really quick & simple between the 2,that takes very little time,its more about time to get through security if your first flight is late & if u r flying at peak times.Has this been sold as a through ticket?just interested as u have a ba /virgin combo... ?
Yes it's been sold as a through ticket with Virgin Atlantic. I think it was the changing terminals that had me worried. If that doesn't take long we should be fine .
Thank you
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
My guess is it's not a through ticket since BA and VS don't codeshare. So I'd be a little nervous with that gap if you have luggage as you'd have to collect bags from BA and drop at VS before check-in closes (an hour before IIRC) which reduces your window considerably.
This has me worried..I booked through netflights and was told it was a through ticket.
I didn't realise I'd have to collect bags again...I think I'll have to phone them and see about changing it
Thanks for your help

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All my paperwork shows Virgin Atlantic as the provider but I'm going to phone and double check. Especially the bags part. I thought I'd get rid of them in Edinburgh as usual then see them in Orlando
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've never seen a through ticket BA to VS. Not claiming to know all of the possible combinations, but that route isn't available through VS directly and I can't reproduce it myself on netflights so I'd be surprised if it's actually a single ticket. Definitely give them a call to confirm the routing and ticketing.

Here is Gatwick's site regarding connections. See the section on transferring from domestic to international. If your bags aren't checked all the way through, you do have to collect them...

gatwickairport/at-th...t-connections/

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

We’re flying BA from Edinburgh to Gatwick then Virgin to Orlando in July. This was booked as through ticket, originally direct Glasgow to Orlando with Virgin but they cancelled our outbound flight so we are now flying via Gatwick on the way out. I confirmed with them when we were being rerouted that we would not need to collect our luggage and take it with us when change terminals. OP we have the same time at Gatwick as yourself and was advised that this time was sufficient by Virgin. We also booked with Netflights last year flying BA from Edinburgh to Heathrow then Virgin from Heathrow to Miami again on a through ticket and did not need to collect our luggage at Heathrow either way. Hope this helps put your mind at ease.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I've never seen a through ticket BA to VS. Not claiming to know all of the possible combinations, but that route isn't available through VS directly and I can't reproduce it myself on netflights so I'd be surprised if it's actually a single ticket. Definitely give them a call to confirm the routing and ticketing.

Here is Gatwick's site regarding connections. See the section on transferring from domestic to international. If your bags aren't checked all the way through, you do have to collect them...

gatwickairport/at-th...t-connections/
It can be done, see my post above. This was booked through Netflights last year and the booking was actual through BA’s system even though the long haul flight was Virgin. We’ve also flown BA from Edinburgh to Gatwick then Virgin to Orlando on a Virgin Holidays booking albeit that was several years ago now.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
We’re flying BA from Edinburgh to Gatwick then Virgin to Orlando in July. This was booked as through ticket, originally direct Glasgow to Orlando with Virgin but they cancelled our outbound flight so we are now flying via Gatwick on the way out. I confirmed with them when we were being rerouted that we would not need to collect our luggage and take it with us when change terminals. OP we have the same time at Gatwick as yourself and was advised that this time was sufficient by Virgin. We also booked with Netflights last year flying BA from Edinburgh to Heathrow then Virgin from Heathrow to Miami again on a through ticket and did not need to collect our luggage at Heathrow either way. Hope this helps put your mind at ease.
This is good to read. Collecting luggage was my only concern. So if it's definitely checked through, all good with that connection time.