Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Dec 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Alamo Brits with an Irish driving licence

Just wondered if anyone here had used the Alamao Brits offer with an Irish driving licence.

Have used them a few times in the past but due to Brexit had to replace mine and my DH uk licences with Irish ones and just wondered if that car hire option is now gone for us

The only other company we have used is Hertz really but their prices are eyewatering at the moment
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Haven't booked through Alamo Brits for years so not aware of their requirements but does it have to be through them?

You can book Alamo through Andy at DFCH. His FAQs say UK or Irish D/L

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick

Edited at 04:03 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Don't see why you can't. Just tends to be US and Canadian Driving licences that they won't accept when booking through 3rd parties.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Don't see why you can't. Just tends to be US and Canadian Driving licences that they won't accept when booking through 3rd parties.
Andy

I still check the Sunpass site regularly and they still haven't updated the Avis/Budget rates. I bet you've given up.

Mick
Old 13 Dec 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Andy

I still check the Sunpass site regularly and they still haven't updated the Avis/Budget rates. I bet you've given up.

Mick
Yup. Can lead a horse to water...

I'm on to my next battle now with trying to get Alamo to make their website clear about the EP.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Yup. Can lead a horse to water...

I'm on to my next battle now with trying to get Alamo to make their website clear about the EP.
Haven't posted much about tolls in the last 9 months but it's so annoying linking the Sunpass site and having to caveat it with a screen shot of the Avis charges.

Not surprisingly the VTP is still suspended.

Mick
Old 13 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much for the replies. I am also checking with Discount Florida Car Hire!

I am still hoping for the prices to drop a bit before booking but will perhaps go for it soon. I remember getting a great price at Christmas last year for 2020 (which obviously never got used!) so that was why I started thinking about options again.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes we have many times. We always do the skip the q option online before travelling but never had an issue
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

We've used Alamo Brits before with a Portuguese driving license and it was no issue so I would presume that you'll be absolutely fine with an Irish license. As was previously mentioned, I believe it may just be US/Canadian licenses that wouldn't be accepted.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

There’s nothing in the documentation that specifies that you have booked through Alamo Brits. As far as the person on the desk is concerned you have a voucher for car hire and that’s it. They’ve no need or reason to question who you booked through and most likely their only concern is to try sell you an upgrade that you don’t need. You’ll be absolutely fine.
Try dfch for your hire. Andy is on here and his prices are competitive and customer service top notch.

Edited at 10:21 AM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List