Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoFanJr
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It's really disappointing it's not qs for the room service pizza. I thought they would have honoured the old OPR set up. If they can provide the buffet for a qs, why not the pizza too?
OrlandoFanJr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi, feel like a stuck record & so apologies for asking once again, but I still can't see why some people were offered discount off the room. Is it only those who booked directly with Disney? We booked 3rd party. We paid top dollar last September & so feel we've definitely missed out somewhere. Thanks to a the people who recommended contacting ABTA; I plucked up courage to send a snotty email to my agent, telling them I was taking my issues further if they don't at the very least email me confirmation from somewhere that I'll get the dis card. Especially after not bothering to highlight the problem in the first place. That was 3 days ago and nothing- clearly not at all scared by my email. And clearly I didn't sound peeved enough.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Julieski View Post
Hi, feel like a stuck record & so apologies for asking once again, but I still can't see why some people were offered discount off the room. Is it only those who booked directly with Disney? We booked 3rd party. We paid top dollar last September & so feel we've definitely missed out somewhere. Thanks to a the people who recommended contacting ABTA; I plucked up courage to send a snotty email to my agent, telling them I was taking my issues further if they don't at the very least email me confirmation from somewhere that I'll get the dis card. Especially after not bothering to highlight the problem in the first place. That was 3 days ago and nothing- clearly not at all scared by my email. And clearly I didn't sound peeved enough.
The whole thing has been handled so badly by Disney,

before they officially announced the refurb the rumours were everywhere and in here too,

cha cha started this thread just based on conjecture that in the future Disney were planning to knock down Barbados village and put in a DVC resort. This was all grabbed from us equivalent of the the planning department of the council!

No mention at all of OPR refurb. Then they officially announced the refurb at CSR - and as a foot note to that official document they hinted to the work at CBR and the closure of OPR for refurb,

The first few people who called were told it would be a lick of paint and no one would be affected - then it snowballed.

Within a few days they gave out several different offers and rescinded them - only found out by calling them up and being on hold for over 3 hours as everyone was calling in.

At first they charged people to move, a day later they refunded that money, the next day they offered people £50 per night off the bill, or a free move - next day was $25 gift card on arrival and "take it today or it will be nothing tomorrow! You only got this by calling up - they didn't reach out to anyone.

Finally after days of chaos an email was sent out in which they gave details of the work, said everyone would get $75 per night and if you were offered $25 that's off the table and $75 it is.

That's when they pretty much stuck to that party line.

The craziness continued when they offered it to people who booked after it had been announced but then stopped that again on 19th March.

People who booked with some proactive travel agents got the £50 pn off.

Generally your TO should have told you in a timely manner about the work (or that's a separate abta claim) and they should offer the current offer which is a free move or stay and get the $75 pn giftcard on arrival.

Its been a crazy ride and its not over yet!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Julieski View Post
You needed to have booked direct with Disney and have been on the phone to them in the first couple of days when it all kicked off before they changed their policies have been offered the discount. They then changed to Disney credit
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Wasn't it $75 credit first then £50 off per night. I think I called on the second day (couldn't get through the first day) was offered the $75 per night but then the people calling the next day were offered £50 per night off their bill instead.

Julieski...you will still get the $75 per night gift card when you check in even though you have booked through an agent. It's bad that they haven't informed you but you don't need to worry about not receiving the gift card and missing out, you will receive it when you check in.

Edited at 12:02 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread