Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jan 19, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 6 (30.7.18) Check out of HRH, Walmart, Hash House a Go Go, Villa check in & HS

Today was a very sad day as it was the day we were checking out of our beloved HRH and leaving behind Universal. Not to be too sad though as we still had 10 days, the villa and Disney to come, with lots of surprises for both DH and the kids along the way!

We were up at 6.30am and into the lounge for breakfast at 7. I have not written down what we ate but I imagine it consisted of pastries, coffee, cereal and fruit. We were back in the room not long after to finish up our packing. We checked out of the hotel at 9am and left our bags with luggage services. We were at the pool by 9.30 for a morning of rest and relaxation.

I sat and wrote up my trip report notes and read my book while the kids swam. We really enjoyed this down time and would have loved to have spent more time by the pool had the afternoon weather not conspired against us! Oh well, there’s always next time!

At 12.00 we spent some time drying off, getting changed and packing up our pool stuff. At 12.20 we headed into the HR shop where I bought DD a set of three earrings. She had already bought this pack in Miami but when she was swimming at Volcano Bay she lost the ’Hard’ earring, leaving her to wear just ‘Rock’! Not a great look so I promised to replace the set for her and she could have my ‘Hard’, I’d throw the ‘Rock’ and keep the other two pairs as they were funky. We headed down to the car park and I was just looking at the set of earrings and noticed that one of them was broken so I walked back up to the shop while DH brought the car round to the entrance to collect our bags. The earrings were swapped without quibble and I was soon collecting our suitcases from luggage services. DH arrived and we loaded up the car before driving away and stopping to take a photo in front of the iconic fountain, to match the one we took on the day we left on our last visit.

We set the Sat Nav to ‘Hash House a Go Go’ on Idrive and it didn’t take long to get there. I had got a voucher for $50 which cost me £21 on Travelzoo. When we arrived there was a little wait so we browsed the photos on the wall. We were quickly taken to a seat where there was space for 6!

Our server was friendly and polite and we ordered drinks. I know that DH had an iced coffee which I think was a special brew as he was feeling very tired and I had coke, not sure on the kids. Dh said he struggled with this menu as there was so much choice and very unusual combinations. DS had a kids cheeseburger and fries,

DD had a kids waffle with bacon,

I had a sandwich which seems to have consisted of bacon and I upgraded to sweet potato fries (HH GRILLED CHEESE - Rich cheddar cheese with fresh tomato and hardwood smoked bacon, served on our griddled old fashioned milk bread)

DH had eggs with salmon and pesto (HOUSE SMOKED SALMON - w/ basil pesto, fresh tomato and melted brie cheese served with griddled mashed potatoes or crispy potatoes, fruit garnish and fresh biscuit).

Look at the size of that waffle! It’s a kids portion! My kids have both got super appetite and DD particularly loves a waffle but this was way too big for her and she only ate ¼!

In the end the served boxed it for us to go. DH ordered another cold coffee and once we had eaten as much as we could we asked for the bill. The food was lovely I thought but as I say, DH was not entirely convinced. We gave the server the voucher and he adjusted the bill. The bill after the voucher was $3.47 so a real bargain! We left cash and tipped on the amount before the voucher was deducted.

We left HHAGG and headed to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road to pick up some bits for the villa. We spent quite some time wandering around here as it was massive and we wanted lots! Total spend was $82.78. We paid at 3.21 and put all the stuff in the car before making our way back to the HRH for our luggage.

Luggage collected at 3.45 we made our way to the villa which was off Champions Gate. The drive was easy and I absolutely fell in love with the location. Such a nice gated community and I loved all the shops on Champions Gate. We got all of our stuff out of the car and sorted the children with their bedrooms and unpacked the food shopping and a few bits and pieces, taking photos of the tidy villa!

By 5.45 we were changed and heading out towards Disney for the first time this holiday!

The drive was nice and easy and by 6.10 we were straight through the parking, we took advantage of a throwaway booking at the Fort Wildnerness campsite for this evening which gave us 2 days free parking, fastpass booking at 60 days out and magic bands which were delivered by Tim from Fairytale Personal shopper on our first day. I was wary about this after reading about it on here but it cost less than $90 and was completely worth it and I was so glad I did it! Having the magic bands at the villa meant getting into the park was quick and easy and of course we didn’t have to pay for parking, saving some money.

We entered HS and had a photo in front of the Chinese theatre first before heading to our first FP which was TOT!

Fastpasses scanned and we were in! Theming of course was excellent ! I did notice that two young lads (teenagers) walked in the regular line next to us and after we had our fast pass scanned and continued on the line they ducked under into the fast pass line to cut out the queue…very naughty.

Really enjoyed this ride and when we came off I encouraged DS to ask a cm if Bellhop Stitch was about as Stitch is his favourite character. Well, DS had no idea what I was on about but duly asked and the cm he chose had no idea either! Eventually we asked another cm who told us that Bellhop Stitch was on vacation. Gutted but so glad she knew what I was asking about!

After this we headed into the Trolley Car Café to pick up a quick Starbucks. I ordered a G strawberry creme frappe($5.79), DH ordered a G berry hibiscus ($4.49), DS a diet coke ($3.29) and DD a G banana and chocolate smoothie ($4.99) total was $19.77 inl tax. As we were waiting for our drinks to be made the cm complimented me on my nails! It made my day! Drinks in hand we made our way back to the entrance of HS where we got a DAS pass for DS. This was really simple and she was super friendly towards DS, making him feel at ease whilst having his photograph taken.

DAS linked to Ds’s band we made our way on to RnRC. Love this ride so much! Got to be one of my favourite rides in WDW!

Once we had done, as made our way towards Toy Story Land we caught part of the Star Wars show A Galaxy Far, Far Away that was on the stage in front of the Chinese Theatre.

Show completed we made our way over to Toy Story Land. Wow! The theming is phenomenal! We’d been to DLP in November so knew the theming would be great but this surpasses it, it really is so much better and just so well done.

We went to MM which had a 40 minute queue and collected a return time with DS’s pass then went into the 25 minute queue for Swirling Aliens. Whilst in the ride I tried to use the Disney app that I had downloaded after seeing Tim Tracker use it on a Vlog but unfortunately it just wouldn’t work. Rats! I thought that could have been our saving grace for queuing up. Whilst also in the line DH discovered the mobile ordering app and he ordered food from Woody’s Toybox which he was going to collect once we had done all three rides. I enjoyed this ride and thought it was good but I wouldn’t need to ride it again this trip and wouldn’t queue for more than half an hour for it.

Once off Swirling Aliens we rode Slinky Dog Dash using our final FP of the evening. Again, the theming of this line was absolutely fantastic and the ride itself was excellent.

It was getting dark by this time and we thoroughly enjoyed riding in the dark with everything lit up. Super ride! Once off SDD we headed over to MM where we rode with our return time. I also enjoyed this ride, although I have no doubt that I lost!

Rides completed I was very pleased with how much we had got done on our first evening in HS and thoughts turned to how hungry we all were as lunch seemed like such a long time ago. We headed over to Woody’s Toybox where DH fired up the app and clicked the ‘I am here’ button and sent the order in. This should have been a really quick process but unfortunately it took far too long. I headed off to find a seat as the seating area is quite small and it was full. I found one and waited ages. When DH finally arrived he said the server had put the food out and added 2 out of 4 drinks to it really quickly then taken ages to get the final drinks. When he watched she attempted to give him orange juice instead of the Fanta he had ordered and he told the cm it was wrong but she told him they didn’t serve Fanta despite him having ordered it on the app! After quite some time we got our food but it was cold when we got it so wasn’t very nice. The other 3 had ordered soup as their side and it was so cold it had formed a skin on top. We should have complained really as it wasn’t enjoyable but it was late, we were tired and hungry so just ate as much as we could. I know for one I left a lot of my turkey sandwich as it wasn’t nice. I couldn’t decide at the time whether it was the sandwich or the tiredness leading us to this. I did rate the service on the survey I received later but didn’t hear anything back.

We headed out of the park once we had finished eating and left the car park at 10.00 as the Star Wars fireworks were on. We were back at the villa at 10.30. I was super impressed with this time as when we came last time it took us ages to get back to our townhouse so this location was ticking all the boxes for me! We crashed as soon as we got in, a busy but great first day at Disney!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day - shame about Woodys 😟
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day - shame about Woodys 😟
Thanks for reading and commenting. I think I'd try Woody's again to see if it's got better, it was still relatively new when we went so could have been teething problems.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab first day at Disney! HHAGG has massive portions doesn’t it!? You should definitely of complained regarding your food at Woody’s! Terrible service!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab first day at Disney! HHAGG has massive portions doesn’t it!? You should definitely of complained regarding your food at Woody’s! Terrible service!
I did email Disney when I returned about this and another issue later in the holidays but I didn't get a reply.i think I also filled in an online questionnaire for Woody's whilst there as we kept getting them via email.