Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jan 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 7 (31.7.18) Boys – KSC, Girls – MK & Carlo’s Bakery @ Florida Mall

I had booked tickets for the boys to go to KSC today on their own as DD and I didn’t want to go. When I booked tickets I also booked lunch with an astronaut but it turns out I’d also booked a special tour, which I hadn’t realised at the time!

Today DH was ticking something off his bucket list….he was going to drive a Mustang! We had booked car hire from the car care centre and he would hire a convertible Mustang whilst I drove the other car to MK and FM.

We had a reservation for the car hire at 7.30 and my notes say we arrived there at 8am. Not too sure what time we left the villa but it is a simple and straightforward drive so I can only assume we left a little later than planned, once getting all of us ready to head out. DH approached the MK and followed signs for the car care centre. When approaching the toll booth he explained that we were picking up a hire care and we were waved straight through. We followed the road to the left and spotted the garage and the car care centre but unfortunately the signage wasn’t clear so DH indicated to turn left with the intent to then turn right into the car care centre. Seconds later we were sailing past the car care centre and on the road out of WDW…..ooooops! We followed the road around until we could make a u turn then headed back to MK….again!

I told DH to pick a different booth this time so that we didn’t look stupid and once more we pulled up at the toll booth and explained we were here to hire a car. The CM asked if we knew where we were going and we answered with a resounding yes! This time, armed with the knowledge we had to go through the garage, we cut straight across the road into the garage and drove around it to get to the car care centre… Phew! It was very quiet when we went in and we collected the car nice and quickly. Keys in hand DH went out to the car and had a little mess about with and made himself familiar with the controls. Roof down I took a few photos while he got ready to go. Once sorted the two of them left. DH enjoyed driving the Mustang but didn’t make it far with the roof down as DS wanted the roof up because it was too windy for him to read his book! Ha ha!

Photos taken I hopped back in the car with DD and settled myself in. I pulled out of the car care centre and once again headed out of WDW before finding a place I could make a u turn to head back to the parking booths….right back to the lady DH and I had just left! She looked up and said “Hello….again!” I told her this time I was coming into the MK and I had free parking. Magic band scanned and I was on my way. DD and I parked up at Simba 3 (super note taking today!) and there was a tram already there so we hopped onto it and headed over to the TTC. We chose to get on the ferry for the journey to MK.

We were in MK just after 9am and made our way down Main street, managing to catch the welcome show at the castle as we went in.

We watched this and enjoyed it before heading back down Main Street where we had a photopass picture taken.

The cast member did lots of different pictures for us which I thought was really good! After this we headed to Starbucks for an early morning treat. DD had watched the Tim Tracker Vlog where he gets a mermaid cupcake and she wanted to try one so that’s what we did! No receipt got this one but I got a caramel iced coffee, a cheese Danish and DH got an orange juice and the mermaid cupcake. We sat on the kerb of Main Street to eat our treats. Bliss!

I enjoyed mine but DD was not impressed. She found the icing much too sweet so I scraped a lot of it off so that she could just eat the cake. Tummies full we headed towards PoC which was a 10 minute queue but was essentially a walk on once we had navigated the whole queue!

We enjoyed this and then headed around to our FP1 which was BTMR. Loved this ride too!

After this we swapped out our magic bands and used the FP I had booked DH and DS’s (naughty I know!) which was Barnstormer. This was a good ride but it really is over very quickly. Next up was FP2 which was PP. When we got there the ride had gone tech but luckily it was only down for a few minutes before we were enjoying our journey over the streets of London.

After that we headed through Liberty square where DD had a picture taken in the stocks.

We then had time for our FP2 (DH) which was Splash Mountain. Love this ride, it's so quirky!

Before making our way over to 7DMT (DH FP). Really enjoyed this ride and thought the theming in the ride was excellent, right up to the end where you disembark and pass the cottage. DD spotted the witch but I missed her so knew I would have to look out for her next time. No photo though!

I had a FP for 7DMT at 2.05 but I cancelled this. Instead I got a FP for HM which was a first for us, we hadn’t done it the last time we came as we were unsure whether it would be suitable for the kids with them only being so little. Really pleased we picked up this FP as any other time we were in MK and I suggested getting one DS refused. I much preferred this to the Phantom Manor ride in DLP and we enjoyed it very much. Whilst in the queue I picked up a FP for LM so after HM that was where we went!

We got stopped after we had scanned our magic band because the CM shouted back that we didn’t much look like a Dave and Jack…..eeek, busted! We turned back to apologise and both Libby and I tried to explain we had booked FP for the boys but they had gone to KSC. The CM laughed at us and said he didn’t care who was riding and we were to enjoy the ride!

Once we’d completed our Journey under the sea we went to Tomorrowland to use the final FP for Buzz. First though I persuaded DD to go on people mover so that we could have a rest and people watch!

Once off we scanned ourselves in for Buzz but the FP line was really long and we had a reservation for lunch at BoG at 1.45 and time was tight so we left the queue and went to the Beast’s castle.

Once we arrived at the Beast’s castle we checked in and were given our rose as we had pre-ordered our food at home. We decided to sit in the wing and found a table for 4 at the back. There were no smaller tables otherwise I would have taken one. I left DD at the table whilst I went to get rinks….the perils of taking a little one out on your own!

Drinks in hand we sat and waited for the magic to happen whilst looking at the stunning surroundings. Eventually our food arrived and was put in front of us…only I realised very quickly after the CM had left that I had not been given what I ordered but I was unsure what to do about it. I had ordered a croque monsieur and I was given a turkey baguette. Typically, there were no cm about as I was pondering so I just decided to eat what I was given. Such a shame as I was looking forward to the croque monsieur. DD ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup. We also ordered a Grey stuff and a cake with strawberry cream.

The food was ok but I think deep down I was a little disappointed that I had not been given what I ordered and in hindsight I should have complained and asked for it to be rectified but I didn’t want to leave DD. The total cost of lunch was $38.08 incl tax.

Once we had finished our dinner we had a quick look around the ballroom but I’ll be honest, I felt quite bad walking around to look whilst other people were still eating so we used the restroom and then left.

We took this as our cue to leave MK but got caught in the parade as we headed through Frontierland. To be honest, I’m not sure I chose the best route out in the first place! We watched what was left of the parade and then headed out towards the TTC. We got back to the car at 3.15 and were ready to leave by 3.30. We arrived at Florida Mall at 4.15, I was very pleased that I managed such a long drive with only DD for support although a couple of occasions it was a hairy drive as the sat nav gave up and I had no idea where I was going! When we did pull up we found a space by Macy’s and headed inside. Our main aim was to head to Carlo’s Bakery and then do some shopping .

DD and I made our way to Carlo’s Bakery

where we had the obligatory picture before going in and choosing which sweet treats we wanted. 4 treats in hand (pictures later when we eat them!) along with a drink to refresh ourselves we went and sat outside the bakery with the drinks before making our way back to Macy’s. As we approached the exit we could see the rain bucketing it down so decided to have a little browse whilst the rain stopped. There wasn’t much that took my fancy other than a white Calvin Klein grandad style shirt which I found on the sale rail and bought for DH for approximately $11!

Purchase in hand and the rain had stopped so we headed back to the villa, this time the sat nav being much kinder and not cutting out. However, the traffic was awful and I think the journey took over 1 hour. We were back at 6.50 which was before DH and DS though, and once in the villa DD was straight into the pool whilst I had a chill. DH and DS got back not long after us at 7.20 and told us all about their day at KSC.

Once we had all caught up on our day out we got washed and changed to head out for dinner. We decided on Miller’s Ale House at Champions Gate and headed out in the Mustang so that DD and I could see what it was like. Unfortunately the weather still was still very bad so we couldn’t put the roof down. When we arrived at Miller’s we went inside to find quite a long queue and a wait time of about 30/35 minutes. This wasn’t a problem though and we put our names down for a table to wait it out. After about 20 minutes of waiting, DD declared that she felt sick so we went to the toilet. Nothing happened but she didn’t look too great either. We decided to leave the table, grab something quick from Publix and then head home where she could go to bed if she needed to.

We went to Publix and bought some fruit but didn’t find anything that we fancied for tea. We nipped next door to Subway and each ordered a sandwich which we took home to enjoy with a bud (the grown ups not the children!) before devouring our cakes from Carlo’s Bakery (not DD, she left hers for tonight.)

I had ordered DH a cheesecake, myself a lobster tail with salted caramel cream, DD chose an M&M cookie for DS and a cream puff with strawberries for herself. These were delicious and really hit the spot! DD was in bed at 9.30, hopefully to sleep off whatever was making her feel unwell and DS was in bed at 10 with us not far behind.

DH was slightly disappointed that we didn’t get the chance to go for a better drive in the Mustang together but unfortunately it had to be back by the morning as I had only hired it for 24 hours.

Edited at 01:01 PM.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ah what a great day! Love the double fastpass usage 😜! Poor of bog not getting the order Correct! Hope DD feels better tomorrow!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Ah what a great day! Love the double fastpass usage 😜! Poor of bog not getting the order Correct! Hope DD feels better tomorrow!
Thanks for commenting and reading! I did feel very naughty using the double fast pass! 🙈
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great day fair play to you for driving on your own! See going to buy something nice in Carlos this time! Hope dd was ok after. Wise thing to do leaving not worth taking a chance and who doesn't love Subway anyhow!