Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Oct 08, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
A few questions please!

He I am popping over for a quick Christmas trip with my best friend, we leave here on Monday 1st Dec and get home Wednesday eve, so bascially the only full day we have is Tuesday and we only have a 2 day park ticket.

So where do we spend the full day, studios or Disneyland Park? I'd like to do all the christmassy stuff and see parades etc will it be possible to see everything in 1 day?

Also is it like Magic Kingdom, where there are lots of nice shops along main street? I'm wondering how much money to take and if I will want to buy lots?

Any advice would be great as never been this close to christmas
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Its tiny compared to Orlando. Just came back yesterday, you can do both parks in one day and see parades. You can fastpass a few rides, at no extra cost, so that might be a good idea. Take oodles of cash, its very expensive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fbsm41 View Post
Its tiny compared to Orlando. Just came back yesterday, you can do both parks in one day and see parades. You can fastpass a few rides, at no extra cost, so that might be a good idea. Take oodles of cash, its very expensive.
I agree. You should easily be able to do both parks in a day. Yes, there are plenty of shops along main st and also in the lands. Are you staying at one of the Disney hotels?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by freedomathome View Post
I agree. You should easily be able to do both parks in a day. Yes, there are plenty of shops along main st and also in the lands. Are you staying at one of the Disney hotels?
Yes we are staying at Newport Bay, thats another question acutally, do they deliver things you've bought to your hotel, like Orlando?
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Hi there!

Yes, you should definitely get it all done in the full day and a bit that you're there, especially at that time of year and mid-week.

I've been twice in Dec, it's very magical, from the hotels right through to all the parks. I really don't think you will even have to fast pass rides, but it's there as an option if needed for most of the big ones.

Don't be put off by it's size. Sure it is a lot smaller than Orlando, but the beauty about it is that you can walk everywhere, your hotel is at most 10 minutes from the parks. You will also walk around a beautiful lake and through Disney village with loads of shops and restaurants. I wouldn't really waste too much time shopping in the parks, as everything is generally available in the village. I've been to Orlando too and I have to say that like for like comparison, Paris is better. It's newer and they have obviously taken some well established rides and improved them. BTM is undoubtedly much better, racing under a lake on it's way to the main ride on the island. Space Mountain is fantastic, Orlando by comparison is a kids ride. PotC and Haunted Mansion are also pretty impressive here.

The Studio is pretty small, though the recent additions of Crush, Toons and ToT have done a lot to improve it. Crush is really good, I haven't done ToT yet and RnR is pretty much the same as Orlando. The Stunt show is really worth seeing here, it's far more realistic and not dumbed down, as in Orlando. (America 'predicted' stunts and talked you through it, much more 'spontanious in Paris, if you know what I mean). Take care though, I think the Studios closes an hour or two earlier than the main park in winter, so do it first maybe.

Forgot to say, yes you can send your shopping back to your hotel.

As for restaurants, Annette's Diner in the village is hard to beat. Try to sit downstairs as if the waiters do any routines, you won't see it upstairs. (they do songs from Grease from time to time). In the Parks I could recommend the non character buffet (about €24) at Plaza Gardens, right up near the castle. Get a seat near the windows facing the castle and you can watch the world go by.

Parades - Christmas parade in the afternoon is usual Wishes parade with Christmas covering. Santa is magical in this, huge sleigh, real reindeer, lots of elves and he is so realistic. I remember the first time my daughter saw him she whispered, 'that must be the real Santa!' (cause as we know the rest are his helpers ) Also, if it isn't snowing, snow will be provided! The evening electrical parade is floats and dancers covered in hundreds of coloured lights and it is magical. It concludes with the main street being plunged into darkness, then the tree lights up, followed by the main street, then the castle and then the fireworks. It truely is tear jerking!

I'm sure there's more I could tell you, but that's enough for now! If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them here or email me.

Have a lovely time!

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 08, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread