Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Grand Cayman - November 2012, Day 2

Day 2 – 25th November 2012

I woke up first this morning and headed into the lounge area to allow Aaron to sleep in. I watched a bit of Finding Nemo on the TV whilst waiting for him to wake up. Once he was awake we headed out of the condo in the direction on an American style restaurant called Eats that had been recommended to me for breakfast.

I chose the French Toast Combo while Aaron had the regular combo. Both meals came with a juice and a hot drink of choice.

The meals were delicious. Just the right size and really tasty. The bill came to $28 US dollars.

After we finished eating we walked back to the condo via the beach realising for the first time what an amazing location we had. Seven Mile Beach is absolutely beautiful, pure white sand and bright blue seas, nothing like I had ever seen before!

We unpacked our suitcases, donned our swimwear and headed out onto the beach. We whittled away a good few hours just people watching, appreciating the view, playing catch with an American football we had found in the condo and drinking quite a few cocktails! We ventured into the sea for a bit of a swim and played on the Ipad as the condos free Wifi stretched out onto the beach.

By this time it was getting into early evening and so we headed into the condo to shower and get ready for dinner. At this point we realised that Aaron was completely sun-burnt with Oakley sunglasses shaped white bits around his eyes! Oh how I laughed! It has been quite cloudy and we were deceived into thinking it wasn't as hot as it was! Luckily I had my normal factor 60 sun block on so I was in a good position to point, laugh and take a photo

We decided on the Sunshine Grill for dinner, it was a restaurant within the Sunshine Suites hotel opposite us and had been recommended on a few trip reports. We decided to sit outside and had a lovely pool side table.

I ordered the BBQ burger and Aaron had the Chicken Tenders. They both came with a scramble of breaded mushrooms, onion rings, jalapenos and carrots. I really enjoyed mine but Aaron wasn’t too keen on the scramble. The bill came to $32 US Dollars.

After dinner we headed back to the condo where I fell asleep whilst watching the TV. I think we were probably in bed by about 10pm!

Edited at 10:05 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 12, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh wow, what a stunning beach! Sounds like a really chilled day. That's some sunburn! You did the right thing with the factor 60!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 12, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That beach is glorious. Lol at the Oakley suntan!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 12, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

at the Oakley tan, you have to be so careful!

The beach just looks stunning, what a great relaxing day.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 13, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 13, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Think we have all had a sunglass tan at some point lol

A really lovely and relaxing day, good to see the food was at a more reasonable price.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List