Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Grand Cayman - November 2012, Day 6

Day 6 – 29th November 2012

We had a lie in this morning until 11am and once up made our way into Georgetown again. I knew from researching that there were 5 cruise ships carrying a total of 15,000 people in port today so I was interested to see how the town come alive with tourists. We parked in our normal car park which meant I just had to have another milkshake to validate the parking ticket! What a hard life! After another wonder around the shops we headed to the Hard Rock Café for lunch. The palce was heaving but to be honest that’s what I wanted, a bit of atmosphere! We waited about 15 minutes for a table which wasn’t too bad considering. They had the service down to a fine art, without completely rushing people they had you in and out very quickly.

To eat I had the BBQ Pulled Pork Burger.

Aaron had the French Dip Sandwich.

We also had a diet coke and a beer and the bill came to $42 US Dollars. The food was very good as usual.

After lunch we did a bit more shopping picking up a few knick knacks and post cards ect before heading back to the car.

We spotted these fellas on our way!

Our next stop was Smiths Cove. This had been recommended to us by a dibber who had been married there. The place was absolutely stunning! After taking a good few photos I was straight in the water having another go at snorkeling. Right from the beach there were the most stunning fish, I doubt I will ever be anywhere again where there is such an abundance of beautiful sea life to look at.

Whilst we were there an American family with two young children came to the beach with a professional photographer to get what I presume was a shot for their Christmas cards! The kids were given hats and giant baubles to hold but they weren't having any of it and just wanted to splash around and misbehave. It was comical to watch!

We took a quick drive along the coast and came across this tree covered in flip flops! It was amazing!

On the way back to the condo we stopped at yet another supermarket that was just as expensive as the others. I bought some more crescent rolls as they were just sooo good. Aaron got some more hot sauce to bring home and we also got some cornbread mix, dairy milks for the flight home and some more water. That little lot cost $22 US Dollars.

While we were relaxing at the condo before dinner there was suddenly a lot of banging outside! I was a bit cautious at first to step out imagining a gun fight or something equally ridiculous but I saw the family from the condo above us heading onto the beach so I asked if it was fireworks. He said yes, he had received an email pre warning him that there was a $50,000 display on! Me and Aaron rushed down to the beach to watch. It was spectacular! The colours over the sea and on the beach were amazing and It reminded me of Illuminations watching them all reflect on the water.

For dinner we had decided on Eats again. We headed there and were seated quickly. We shared the Spinach & Artichoke Dip.

I then had the Spicy Chicken Burrito

Aaron had the Caribbean Chicken Curry.

Both meals were very nice. Mine was seriously spicy though and I couldn't manage the whole thing. The bill including a couple of cocktails came to $60 US Dollars.

After dinner, even though I could hardly move from overeating I was adamant I was getting a frozen yoghurt. It was our last evening and I figured if we got it home straight away I could put it in the fridge and eat it later on. Yoghurt in hand we walked back along the beach and soon came across an enormous beach party at the Ritz Carlton. I presume it was a huge corperate function as they had gone all out. There were floating tables and chairs in the sea, beds on the beach, about 7 open bars serving cocktails and a band playing live music for all the drunk dancers. It was fun to watch. Lots of very wealthy Americans, wearing their best clothes grinding down to the floor whilst singing ‘Get down on it’! Honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Me and Aaron did join in the dancing momentarily on the beach but decided to move on before anyone spotted us taking the Michael! I’m presuming the firework display earlier was in aid of the same function.

After watching the party for so long my yoghurt had fully melted by the time we got back to the condo! I put it in the freeze anyway and hoped it might miraculously reform by the time I wanted to eat it! I watched telly for a good while before retrieving it. Unfortunately the flavour was dominated by the small amount of pineapple I had added and the entire contents had gone bright blue thanks to the M&M’s! I made an effort to eat it before heading to bed but it was a huge disappointment!

Edited at 10:10 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 13, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lol at the Shoe tree

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 13, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 13, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

What a shame about the yoghurt!

Fireworks sound fun.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List