Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jun 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

The 40th Birthday trip, 3 years early-You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry

Mum woke me up at 6.30 to have a shower and a brew before opening my birthday cards. We headed down for the Animal Kingdom bus and arrived in time for Early Magic Hours.

We walked up to Dinoland USA to ride Dinosaur, but it was down.

I rode Primeval Whirl, mum did not! We both rode TriceraTop Spin, Best Day of my Life was playing as we went around and at the time I thought it was an apt start to the day. How wrong was I!?!

We walked across to Asia to ride Expedition Everest, the wait said 10 minutes, it was practically a walk on. Despite this, I fell out with a woman in the short queue here. A girl and some of her cheerleading friends had pushed in front of us as we were entering the queue and unbeknown to us the mother of one of the girls ended up behind us.

The woman wanted to join her daughter in the queue, but instead of just asking me, she just started to push past me a few times. She then decided to inform me that she needed to join her daughter, now she had wound me up with all the pushing and shoving, so I may have told her that if they wanted to ride together then her daughter needed to join her, not the other way around, at which point she called me a few choice words. In my defence, they were part of a rather large group and I imagine if I’d let her through, the rest of them would have followed. Anyway, they’d have been together if her daughter hadn’t have pushed us out of the way in the first place and shouldn’t she have kept a closer eye on her. Bit awkward when we ended up in the same train though!

We then went on Kilimanjaro Safaris but there
weren’t many animals out this early.

We were hungry now, so went to Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafés where mum had a Breakfast Bowl, Scrambled Eggs, Cheddar Cheese, Breakfast Potatoes, Pepper and Onions with a water and I had a Bacon and Egg Sandwich, Eggs, American Cheese, Candied Black Pepper Bacon on toasted Challah Bread. Served with Hash Brown Bites with an orange juice, this was blooming delicious.

Then it was time for our Expedition Everest Fastpass, what is it with us eating and riding rollercoasters!?!

We decided to go to the 10.30 show for Up! A Great Bird Adventure and swap our 11.30 Fastpass for something else. Its Tough to be a Bug! was the only thing available. We really enjoyed the Up! Show, I love Russell and Dug!

We headed back to Dinoland USA because I was desperate to meet Chip and Dale in their dinosaur costumes, oh my, they were fabulous! I love them too!

Daisy only had a short queue, so we decided to meet her too. She was lovely, so sweet and she wrote me a birthday message in my book.

We decided to walk over to Its Tough to be a Bug! and there was another Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party happening. We decided to get a frozen lemonade and sit on a nearby wall and watch, Kevin the bird from Up! was joining in.

We followed Kevin towards Its Tough to be a Bug! and then followed the path down. I hate the waiting area for this show, its all too close for my liking. Anyway, we were eventually allowed in and even though we’ve seen it before, mum got scared and nearly jumped out of her skin!

Our final Fastpass in Animal Kingdom was of course, Avatar Flights of Passage! After riding, I had my second falling out of the day for which I have no defence. There was a robot man thing right outside the shop and you couldn’t move for people. The cast members were shouting about safety whichever way you turned, and I started shouting back because I was stuck in what felt like a really confined space because of their imaginary safety lines. One might argue that its not a great idea to put a robot in such a small and crowded place in the first place, but what do I know!?!

So, two fallouts in Animal Kingdom and we were off to Epcot! I booked a Fastpass for Journey into Imagination with Figment before we left because we’d never done it. We arrived at Epcot and I swiftly had my third falling out of the morning, oops!

So, here’s the story, there’s a topiary past Spaceship Earth and people are taking pictures in front of it as you do, you know, close to the people you are taking pictures of. There’s a man standing far back with a closed concession stand right behind him. Mum, minding her own business, walks in front of him because she can’t get behind him, not realising he is taking of photograph of people miles away from him (I exaggerate, but it was quite a distance!)​

I was far enough behind mum to see the man stomp his feet like a petulant two-year-old because she had accidentally ruined his picture.

Now remember, I’ve already had two fallouts today, so I’m not in the best frame of mind, not feeling the magic today people!

I went all Mama Bear in defence of my Mama Bear and my response to his stomping was to inform him it is a public space (it is also a Saturday in Epcot during Flower and Garden, come on mate!) his response? ‘Might have guessed, English’ Er what!?! What does that even mean!?! So here lies my final defence, he clearly has a ridiculous sense of privilege and is obviously also a xenophobic fool #sorrynotsorry.

That’s the end of the fallouts for today dear readers, I’m not proud, but I am honest!

Mum had kept walking, I think she’s disowned me now, and on my birthday as well

Anyway,we rode Journey into Imagination with Figment which was fun, but a little unexpected. Mum just thought it was weird!

I had spotted a limited-edition Minnie Mouse dessert at the Garden Party yesterday so suggested to mum that we go try it. It was cheesecake over a carrot cake base, with a dome top completely packed with whipped cream, it was yummy! It should have cost $7 but we used a snack credit.

It had started raining whilst we were in The Odyssey, but luckily had stopped by the time we needed to head to our reservation at Akershus.

We met Belle at the entrance and she said I looked more like 25 than 37, little sweetheart.

We were seated, and both ordered the Magical Star Cocktail; X -Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Multi-coloured Glow Cube.

The starters are served buffet style, Taste of Norway; Everyone’s Royal Feast begins with an authentic “Taste of Norway” featuring some of the finest Scandinavian Seafood, Imported Cheeses, cured and sliced Meats, and a vast selection of Salads and Fruits. We thought there seemed to be less choice than on our previous visit.

For mains, mum ordered the Flyt-stuffed Pasta; Cheese and Spinach-stuffed Pasta with Olive Oil poached Tomatoes, Parmesan Cream Sauce, and Sweet Balsamic Glaze which was a bigger portion than last time when mum ended up being served an extra portion due to the size of the first.

I couldn’t decide what to order, so ordered the Viking Mixed Grill; Tasting portions of our Fillet of Salmon with Ragoût of White Beans, Norwegian Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Lingonberry Sauce, and Grilled Vossakorv Sausage and Braised Red Cabbage.

The desserts are served family style and were the same as on our previous visit. Mum’s favourite was the rice dream which Norwegians apparently eat on Christmas Eve. There was also an apple cake and a chocolate coconut pyramid.

During the lunch, we met Rapunzel, Ariel, Aurora and Snow White.

I was also given a cupcake and a card signed by the princesses and our server.

After our late lunch (3pm), we went to sit in the American Concert Theatre to wait for...Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone! Oh my god, this was brilliant, I’m so glad we decided to see them, it totally made up for all the rows I’d managed to have today!

We had originally booked the concert package at Akershus, but it was going to cost 2 Table Service credits and there were so many other places we wanted to go. Our tip would be, if you want to see an act and save a credit, sit and wait for the first show. We waited about an hour, but as we were leaving the concert, there was already a huge queue for the next one, whereas we’d just sat and chilled out for a bit.​

We headed back to Animal Kingdom Lodge and the thunder and lightening arrived. I wrote up my notes on the balcony and watched the storm.

We were planning on going to the Usiku Festival tonight but thought it might be cancelled because of the weather.

After a while, mum announced that we were going back inside because the ‘dramatic weather’ had finished.

I watched Lion King and realised I’d had another pin trading disaster at some point today, I’d traded a pin I’d wanted to keep. Mum on the other hand, fell asleep fully clothed at the bottom of her bed!

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Enjoying your report- great action packed days! Following along x
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Enjoying your report- great action packed days! Following along x
Thank you for reading and commenting x
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bit of a mixed birthday some frustrations but on the whole good

Joan
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Bit of a mixed birthday some frustrations but on the whole good

Joan
Thank you! Don’t know why I was so grumpy!
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Adults queue jumping astounds me, it is such bad manners. I don’t have kids but I know that if my mum had saw me barge past people in a queue I wouldn’t be going on any ride.

The special Minnie dessert sounds and looks lovely.

The food at Akershus looks great, especially the pasta dish. I love samplers like yours as I can never decide what I want to eat.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Everest is such a great ride! That breakfast sandwich looks fab - might have to try that in October.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great day, shame about the rude people and the Pin! I love flower and garden music concerts
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Adults queue jumping astounds me, it is such bad manners. I don’t have kids but I know that if my mum had saw me barge past people in a queue I wouldn’t be going on any ride.

The special Minnie dessert sounds and looks lovely.

The food at Akershus looks great, especially the pasta dish. I love samplers like yours as I can never decide what I want to eat.
They didn’t care about queues, I think she was quite shocked when I refused to let her pass, but she’d wound me up by just trying to push me out of the way!

Mum has had the pasta on both our visits to Akershus, she really likes it
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Everest is such a great ride! That breakfast sandwich looks fab - might have to try that in October.
I would definitely recommend it, it tastes better than it sounds on the menu and is so filling