Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jun 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Day 6 HS

Almost half way through

We were super sleepy today and didn't surface until after 10am when we eventually did our usual routine (you can call it that after a few days right!?) of coffee then pool. It was another gorgeous day but the pool wasn't too busy. We dipped in and out of the water and it was really nice just relaxing. Last trip and previous holidays in general we were always on the go and as a result we burnt out. We have learned now that down time is important.

About 2pm we went to the shop for cold drinks and Jono treat himself to a couple of beers. He was really liking the American beers this trip. We chilled out before getting an uber to Hollywood Studios.

Last trip we had spent an inordinate amount of time as HS as I had seriously over estimated a) the size of it and b) the number of rides we would actually go on. Because of this we really over did it and on our HS day we were out for 14 hours, it was completely exhausting. We had no intention of doing that again even though there is the new Toy Story Land. This time we had condensed our plans, I had tea time FPs for TSM, RnR and Star Tours. We also wanted to do Tower of Terror (which I couldn't get an FP for as it was half closed for maintenance) and Fantasmic. Anything else such as Slinky Dog was a bonus and we weren't bothered about Indiana Jones but would do it if we had time. We didn't plan on any long queues as there wasn't any that really appealed to us. Tower of Terror was showing 70min waits on the app and that seems like too long as much as we do like it. Also today was expected to be busy as it was the Friday before Memorial weekend. As such this was officially a none crammed day and we weren't bothered about getting on loads of rides or getting there early.

Our uber driver got lost as apparently they are always changing the layout as the minute as Star Wars develops. He told us about the cable car development which sounds cool although probably not the fastest way to get around!

We hadn't eaten anything today so first stop was Woodys Toy Box for food as I knew they did vegan options. Our server was really helpful and as soon as I said vegan he was like "done" and made all the changes for me. We had tochotos and grilled cheese. Jono also got a grown up lemonade (vodka cocktail) which was really nice. We had to wait a while but that is normal as the vegan options are treat like allergy menu orders but we prefer that it is fresh anyway and it gave us chance to find a table. The food was really nice, it was good to have something a bit different too. It was $32 inc the cocktail.

We then explored Toy Story Land which is SO COOL! We had a good look around taking photos.

The wait for Slinky Dog was showing 65 mins so I persuaded Jono to wait for it even though it was contrary to the agreed policy of not doing long queues. The outdoor part of the queue was tough as it was a very hot day but once we had shade I didn't mind the queue and the time passed quickly. I love the detail of Busters tag! We thought the ride was good a bit short but lots of fun and I was glad we queued.

By now our FP for TSM was open so we jumped on - we loved this so much! Obviously Jono won but I wasn't too far behind. Heres Jono fistbumping Woody

We used to feel like we had to get on the ride as soon as our FP opened but now we are much more relaxed and tended to wait until the end of the hour instead. Better Dibbers than I will already be aware of this but gave us time to ride something else in the meantime so we didn't feel like we were waiting around for FP to open.

After TSM we decided to do the 6pm show of Indiana Jones as it was just starting. We have to admit it was worse than we remembered I almost suggested leaving half way through but at least it was in the shade.

We then went straight to Rock n Rollercoaster to catch our "super stretch" as the FP was open. God I felt so nervous in the queue I thought I was going to faint, these kind of rides make me so anxious. I took my glasses off although I think they would be fine. To be fair once you get through that initial take off the rest of the ride isn't too bad - I just can't handle the build up as is evident in the ride photo!

Standby was showing 75 min for Tower of Terror which was too long for us. Looking back now I feel really sad that we did Indiana Jones instead of spending that time in the queue for TofT what were we thinking!? Instead we had a walk to Star Tours for our FP, I love these rides so much. I wanted to go on again but it tends to make Jono feel queasy so he wasn't keen.

We decided to get a coffee and then see what the wait time for TSM was. The coffee took ages and it was 8pm by the time we got them. TSM was showing 20 mins so we headed on and again had such a good ride! For a very brief moment I was actually beating Jono as well but it was shortlived.

We were out by about 8.30pm and went to the theatre for Fantasmic stopping for a couple of pretzels on the way (we really didn't eat much today don't know why) they were really fresh doughy ones my favourite!

As we were so late for the show we got stuck right at the back on the edge but we didn't mind as our experience of a pointless wait last night had put us off staking out an early spot. The view was fine as well and we absolutely loved the show. I forgot how good it is! Last time I spent the whole show trying to take photos instead of watching it which was horribly ironic as not only were the photos rubbish but my memory card corrupted and I lost them all anyway. This time I kept photos to a minimum and just enjoyed the show. It was brilliant!

Our seats had the benefit of been really close to the exit so we were quickly out afterwards. I persuaded Jono to stay for the Star Wars fireworks - as we were here I thought we might as well. I have only seen the most recent couple of films and Jono isn't a huge fan so we didn't really follow the story line (is there one? ) but who doesn't love a nice firework. I thought the show was a bit too long and repetitive, maybe it is better for a proper fan/someone who has actually seen the films. We thought the ending was really good though. Sorry can't track down any photos!

The exit was packed, in hindsight maybe we shouldn't have stayed for the fireworks but I always like to try and make the most of the time. We had a bit of a wait for an uber I think it's because the park was so busy and the confusion over where they could go. The uber driver was really nice, we were both tired and ready for bed by now. I think we planned today very well though and in the park we got lucky with timings so we could move from ride to ride so we got to do everything we wanted apart from TofT.

Such a good day and the first day we were under budget!

Total $113
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great day again, cannot way to go to Toy Story Land and try Slinky Dog.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great day
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's really interesting seeing the variety of vegan options you've been able to have.

Also not a fan of Indiana Jones, I always watch it because my OH likes it but not only do I find it boring I have an irrational fear that one of the stunts is going to go wrong and I am going to die.

I rode RnRC for the first time last year, I was so scared of the launch. Something happened and I never got my ride picture but I know it would have been exactly like yours. I instinctively closed my eyes too, I can't believe anyone manages to keep them open, or look normal like Jono did, the pressure on my face was immense!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List