Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Littlepip View Post
Papa mouse, does this apply to those booking direct with wdw?
Is it also a suggestion that if we pay to move, that we can claim it back? Just weighing up availability vs cost in my head!
I am assuming you booked (like me thru) WDTC (based in the UK and abta bonded)

also I'm assuming you booked Room, Tickets and Dining = a package!

even if its just the hotel, they must honour the booking...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

The Walt Disney Company Ltd
London
TYPE: Head Office
ABTA NUMBER: P6684, W1803
ADDRESS: Parks & Resorts, 3 Queen Caroline Street, London, United Kingdom, W6 9PE
TELEPHONE: 020 8222 1000
ATOL: 10401
Also trading as Walt Disney Travel Company

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
I am assuming you booked (like me thru) WDTC (based in the UK and abta bonded)

also I'm assuming you booked Room, Tickets and Dining = a package!

even if its just the hotel, they must honour the booking...
Yup, separate flights. In this case I think I'm going to book (and sodding pay for ) a move. Annoyingly though there's no preferred rooms left at mods which is what we booked. Should I go ahead and pay for a akl move at £1000 and attempt to claim back later? Hmmm
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Littlepip View Post
Yup, separate flights. In this case I think I'm going to book (and sodding pay for ) a move. Annoyingly though there's no preferred rooms left at mods which is what we booked. Should I go ahead and pay for a akl move at £1000 and attempt to claim back later? Hmmm
I personally wouldnt pay deffo wait until you have the closure email... but as soon as the 1k leaves your account if have the claim in writing right away to the address above and a copy to abta

Old 22 Feb 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

I await my date with the lovely Trina this morning. Armed with past history, Papamouse's (Or Papamice I'm not sure) ABTA information and plenty of drama regarding our reasons for this stay I am hopefull Disney can sort something out. If not as Papamouse says it will be an amazing 2 week holiday of a lifetime for the 13 of us, with a nice long string of emails after the fact helping to pay for our next holiday of a lifetime

Also I am just going to throw out there that we have a 2 year old who we would need a high chair for to feed... where exactly at the resort can we do this during our stay? (Obviously my son is a chunky little git and the days of him sitting in a high chair are long gone...but thats not the point)

Edited at 09:20 AM.
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

Thought I would copy my original post from the other thread as it may be useful when complaining , sentinel article quoting disney back in 2002.

Found this although only a quote from orlando sentinal but it talks about the 2002 closure

articles.orlandosentinel/...world-callahan

Edited at 09:28 AM.
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Don't know if anybody has seen this, main food court and restaurant closing from April

disneycaribbeanbeach/...n-beach-resort
Just looked at it and the date they have is 27th April. Could explain why people with late April bookings have been receiving the email too, not just those from May onwards.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There is no way I am going to pay to swap to another moderate. Coronado Springs is having a lot of works one to it too so I wouldn't want to stay there and it looks like Port Orleans would be more so I think I will probably swap to Pop Century. I have stayed there before and I am sure my 6 year old would love the theming here, probably more than CBR to be honest. Only disappointment for her would be there would be no pool slide (but we are visiting water parks) and were hoping to do the pirate cruise at CBR but she has done it twice at Yacht Club so it wouldn't be the end of the world if she didn't do it again. I am guessing I would lose the free QSDP (and $200 gift card?) I had but at least the cost would be cheaper so could put the difference towards food. I do actually think there would be too much food for us even on the QSDP anyway -done DDP before and its waaaay too much ! Will update when Charter Travel comes back to me.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meldobe View Post
Thought I would copy my original post from the other thread as it may be useful when complaining , sentinel article quoting disney back in 2002.

Found this although only a quote from orlando sentinal but it talks about the 2002 closure

articles.orlandosentinel/...world-callahan
Didn't work for me but a quick google search and here is some more info

themeparkinsider/news...nse.cfm?ID=660
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Thanks papamouse for all your helpful information and good luck everyone with your complaints.

It really is pants because I don't think anyone will get a satisfactory resolution before they go and I know, I for one won't want the hassle of fighting it when we get back which is exactly what Disney are banking on. It will definitely be our last stay at Disney but sadly I don't think they will be concerned about that either.