Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Good luck Bestbubba, this is worded really well. Fingers crossed you get a satisfactory resolution.

We don't go until October so we've got time to see what happens but I really feel for those who are travelling soon.
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BufordT View Post
I was told yesterday evening they are 48 hours behind on answering guests email that was at 4pm... I wouldn't expect something before the weekend
Oh wow, thanks Budford, bet it's all the CBR complaints they're dealing with 😳
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

I was told yesterday evening they are 48 hours behind on answering guests email that was at 4pm... I wouldn't expect something before the weekend
In the automated reply we received, they stated they would endeavour (!) to reply with 5 to 7 working days.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

I'm still waiting for the email!

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

On hold to them just now. Phoned last night as staying here in august and enquired about moving to another property got a quote and said we didnt want to go ahead with moving. Im not paying extra! Especially as this is not a cheap holiday! We have been to disney every year since year 2000 and spent a fortune in disney every year!

Anyway this morning wake up to a invoice asking for more money as the woman has moved our reservation to port orleans even though we said we didnt want to go ahead!

This is making the situation 100 times worse now! Im blazing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meldobe View Post
Thought I would copy my original post from the other thread as it may be useful when complaining , sentinel article quoting disney back in 2002.

Found this although only a quote from orlando sentinal but it talks about the 2002 closure

articles.orlandosentinel/...world-callahan

This has now been taken down!
Says page not found! 🤔
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Here's our email we sent last night, not brilliant but best we could come up with and didn't want to wait. Thanks again Papa mouse for your suggestions. We will keep our powder dry re Abta etc till they send us all a form letter telling us to get lost. At that point we'll bombard them with legalese. I wonder if we could form a sort of "class action"? Strength in numbers?

Dear Sirs

Our booking ref: 17112736

We are due to arrive at CBR on 17th May for 14 nights.

Last year we stayed at the CBR with our children and grandchildren. We had an amazing trip. Full of Disney magic as we have come to expect after many WDW holidays. It was a "rope drop to fireworks" wonderful experience . We came home exhausted!

So this year, to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary, we decided to return, but just the two of us. This was to be a different kind of trip. This time we were going to enjoy all this wonderful resort had to offer, spending lazy days relaxing by the pool, sipping cocktails with little umbrellas, walking round the beautiful grounds, trying out the hammocks with just the sounds of the birds for company, eating wonderful food at Shutters, (we already have a reservation for May 27th,) enjoying the OPR food court and the Banana Cabana Pool bar that we had so much fun at last year. All this we knew, from previous visits, could be enjoyed at CBR.

Imagine our dismay when we received an email today from Disney, informing us that due to refurbishment, none of this would be available.

We were told that upon arrival we will notice construction work in various areas, noise may be heard during this work and certain pathways will be unavailable. Also the following facilities will be CLOSED :

Old Port Royale Food Court
Shutters Restaurant
Banana Cabana Pool Bar
Calypso Trading Post.

Basically every facility that we had booked for. Had we known this, that the very heart of the resort was being closed down, we would never, ever have booked. Who in their right mind would book a resort where all the main facilities are closed? This is not the closure of a "quiet pool" or a room refurbishment, this is a major closure of facilities advertised when we booked.

Obviously Disney has a big problem doing renovations while keeping the resort open, but this is Disney's problem not ours. So now we need to know how Disney intend putting this right for us.

On receipt of this email today, I telephoned the number given, and after holding on for 45 minutes, when I finally spoke to a cast member, I was amazed to be told there was nothing Disney would do to put this right, other than to move us to another resort at our expense. This is ridiculous. As I said before, this is Disney's problem not mine. It is not of my making. I booked to stay at CBR in good faith, if Disney cannot provide the holiday they sold me at CBR , then I would expect to be put in alternative accommodation of the same standing or higher. To ask me to pay extra, to right Disney's problem, is farcical. This is certainly not the level of service we have come to expect and enjoy from the Walt Disney company.

We are deeply concerned, this is a special holiday, one that we have planned for many months, for this reason we await your reply at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully
Fantastic email! I really hope they do something for you. This situation is just awful.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
This has now been taken down!
Says page not found! 🤔
I copied and pasted the whole article around page 68 on the previous tread just in case, also took a picture of the headline(not posted yet).

I live in hope we all get a decent response eventually - no wdw email for me yet
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
meldobe
Trading Disney Pins

Didn't work for me but a quick google search and here is some more info

themeparkinsider/news...nse.cfm?ID=660
Thefourds, Bufordt found this link that still works.
meldobe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
aeedwards02
I want to go now!

Mobile

I have just done an online chat with Virgin Holidays and they were quoting me £2352 to change to Port Orleans Riverside or £3114 for French quarter.

That's a lot more than I thought we'd have to pay. But will try and speak to someone directly later to get more information.
aeedwards02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread