Old 7 Mar 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

anyone expecting 2 x $75 listen up

you ARE most likely gonna get stiffed on this

so you have three options

1) I am happy to stay at CBR and get 1x$75 per night credit
(with a very slim possibility that you may get both, have your magic number ready - but ultimately I am happy with just 1x$75)

2) they are trying to play hard ball with me - therefore I will play hard ball right back and go and take a move to the most expensive resort they will offer thus £ for £ you win - more value holiday.

3) roll up, expecting both with your magic number and all other advice I have given, only get 1 x $75, come home and claim abta.

This is my advice now at this date and time. There is nothing I have been told personally to suggest any better course of action at this time.

Remember under ABTA rules every contract is an entirely separate entity, so because Tom got something absolutely does not mean Mick and Sally will.

PLEASE Don't go shouting and screaming at anyone especially CMs, TAs and TOs because they don't really don't deserve it - because the people who made this mess - will never directly communicate with us, I know, I've tried.

Just play their game, afaik the offer to move is on the table, do whats best for your situation.

Sorry its not better news but that's how I see things now and unless Disney come forward with a fair proposal like the one I suggested then it will be purely by error that you get both.

I proposed Disney

1) give everyone with a booking at CBR prior to work announcement - who decide to stay at CBR - a £61pn reduction of their invoice or refunded to people who have paid AS A GOODWILL payment as they have changed the terms of their booking and caused so much stress and anguish.

2) ALL CBR guests get $75 pn Credit.

THUS they have matched all previous "implied" offers to stay.

That's the only way I can see this mess will be sorted, people were offered SOMETHING over a move, they chose to stay and were offered A RED APPLE to stay - now all guests
even new bookers are getting A GREEN APPLE to stay - when you arrive - they will give you one red and green apple and say that's all...

Again just so poorly handled and they don't have to do anything to rectify this.

But The third best company in the world, should - #nopixiedust #the75club #redapplegreenapple

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 02:03 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cantwait2011
Excited about Disney

So I've been trying to keep up but may have missed a few days due to work commitments - really annoying but it plays the Disney bill!

Is the $75 still a gift card? I wanted to use it to mainly pay my tips bill at the end of the hols...

Did the £50 discount per night get removed in lieu of the $75?

Are people getting Fastpasses out of this too? !
cantwait2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wed2ared
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by T2416VES View Post
Those who got there invoice recently how long were you waiting im a week today and got nothing what everyone else been waiting
Agreed £50pn on Monday 27 Feb offered by CM Wellington without being transferred to guest services. I sent email follow up on 29 Feb - response today advising invoice should follow "as soon as our finance team can make the adjustment". Travel Oct 2017.
wed2ared is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post

I agree, it looks most likely

3) roll up, expecting both with your magic number and all other advice I have given, only get 1 x $75, come home and claim abta.
I'll be choosing door number 3 ;-)

PLEASE Don't go shouting and screaming at anyone especially CMs, TAs and TOs because they don't really don't deserve it - because the people who made this mess - will never directly communicate with us, I know, I've tried.
100% Agree.

I proposed Disney

1) give everyone with a booking at CBR prior to work announcement - who decide to stay at CBR - a £61pn reduction of their invoice or refunded to people who have paid AS AS GOODWILL payment as they have change the terms of their booking and caused so much stress and anguish.

THUS they have matched all previous "implied" offers.

Agree 100%. Those who booked before the renovations were announced have now had 2 weeks of stress. Many have endured hours of calls and spent their own time trying to just get a fair price between what they paid for, & what is now on offer. Not to mention having to possibly now juggle plans which have been almost a year in the planning already due to the construction works & loss of facilities. After all that there are STILL many unanswered questions. It's a mess.

As far as i am concerned i haven't had ANY goodwill gesture or value given to my 'continued patronage'. All i have had is my holiday cost reduced by $75 per night for losing $75 per nights worth of facilities. Even worse, i am being forced to spend that money inside Disney World & before i finish my holiday.

#nopixiedust
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wed2ared View Post
Agreed £50pn on Monday 27 Feb offered by CM Wellington without being transferred to guest services. I sent email follow up on 29 Feb - response today advising invoice should follow "as soon as our finance team can make the adjustment". Travel Oct 2017.
I had wellington on Tuesday 28th am and got identical agreed the £50pn and go in October and still waiting .. will give them a few more days sure it's on they way .. I also have the email re $75 on gift card so just gonnna see what happens when we check in
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
I agree, it looks most likely

I'll be choosing door number 3 ;-)

100% Agree.

Agree 100%. Those who booked before the renovations were announced have now had 2 weeks of stress. Many have endured hours of calls and spent their own time trying to just get a fair price between what they paid for, & what is now on offer. Not to mention having to possibly now juggle plans which have been almost a year in the planning already due to the construction works & loss of facilities. After all that there are STILL many unanswered questions. It's a mess.

As far as i am concerned i haven't had ANY goodwill gesture or value given to my 'continued patronage'. All i have had is my holiday cost reduced by $75 per night for losing $75 per nights worth of facilities. Even worse, i am being forced to spend that money inside Disney World & before i finish my holiday.

#nopixiedust
Are you me?

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Are you me?

If i am i will be happy as I'm getting Double Bubble!

#NoGinCelebrationsForMe
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I am mortified

I just called through to Disney Direct again as I wanted more clarification after reading this and people getting offered double bubble and they told me to either accept ONE of the offers or we can cancel if we remain unhappy.

I then asked if this was in line with ABTA and they said everything they do would be cleared by ABTA.
Old 7 Mar 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneygerbil View Post
I am mortified

I just called through to Disney Direct again as I wanted more clarification after reading this and people getting offered double bubble and they told me to either accept ONE of the offers or we can cancel if we remain unhappy.

I then asked if this was in line with ABTA and they said everything they do would be cleared by ABTA.
mortified doesn't get stuff done

man up woman. (sorry man)

ARE YOU A MOUSE OR A GERBIL

decide whats best for you then follow ol papamouse ten point plan for success - at just $75s its a steal

Old 7 Mar 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

so you have three options

1) I am happy to stay at CBR and get 1x$75 per night credit
(with a very slim possibility that you may get both, have your magic number ready - but ultimately I am happy with just 1x$75)

2) they are trying to play hard ball with me - therefore I will play hard ball right back and go and take a move to the most expensive resort they will offer thus £ for £ you win - more value holiday.

This is my advice now at this date and time. There is nothing I have been told personally to suggest any better course of action at this time.

Remember under ABTA rules every contract is an entirely separate entity, so because Tom got something absolutely does not mean Mick and Sally will.

Just play their game, afaik the offer to move is on the table, do whats best for your situation.

Sorry its not better news but that's how I see things now and unless Disney come forward with a fair proposal like the one I suggested then it will be purely by error that you get both.

I proposed Disney

1) give everyone with a booking at CBR prior to work announcement - who decide to stay at CBR - a £61pn reduction of their invoice or refunded to people who have paid AS A GOODWILL payment as they have changed the terms of their booking and caused so much stress and anguish.

THUS they have matched all previous "implied" offers to stay.

That's the only way I can see this mess will be sorted, people were offered SOMETHING over a move, they chose to stay and were offered A RED APPLE to stay - now all guests
even new bookers are getting A GREEN APPLE to stay - when you arrive - they will give you one red and green apple and say that's all...

Again just so poorly handled and they don't have to do anything to rectify this.

But The third best company in the world, should - #nopixiedust #the75club #redapplegreenapple
Do you know what will happen with people who got offered £50
Closed Thread