Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Mar 17, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi
I have been offered a villa from my Disney houses from a woman who seems to want to help but now I'm very dubious has anyone heard of these their website looks pretty basic ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Have you tried putting a villa request here on the Dibb

if not you can do so here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
floridapete
I want to go now!

Anyone who has been a victim of Disney Area Villas LLC aka. Disneyandi.com should make direct contact with:

The Osceola County Sheriff's Office using:

e-mail: alexander.hogue@osceola.org
Quoting crime number: 17I026566
Direct line 001 321 697 4540 (remember the five hours time difference between UK and Florida).

Detective Hogue is heading up the investigations into the activities of these business entities located in Central Florida by Marion Griffin/Verner and her daughter Kelly Price.

Disney Area Villas LLC gave notice of their ceasing trading on Friday the 17th March 2017 after less than one year of business during which time a LOT of British people were victimised over Florida villa bookings. In the notice they gave the name and address of their Registered Agent to which all claims (they said) should be addressed. This was a smoke screen as their Registered Agent (simply a business set-up office in Hollywood Fla.) has no further connection with the business and no liability for it's debts.

If you paid by credit card then your best bet to get the money back is to consult them. If you paid by direct debit or bank transfer you have no claim on the bank. If you paid by Paypal consult them first.

BUT WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU FILE YOUR REPORT WITH DET. HOGUE !

There are various groups of victims liasing with Det. Hogue collating information as it comes to light. This could be a very big scam involving tourists, management companies and private villa owners, all of whom have lost money to these people.

Edited at 10:24 AM.
floridapete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
floridapete
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Faal78 View Post
Hi
I have been offered a villa from my Disney houses from a woman who seems to want to help but now I'm very dubious has anyone heard of these their website looks pretty basic ?
Who are they ? Where are they ? How do you find them if it all went wrong ?

I am always very sceptical about people who put so little 'contact us' information on their websites. That's excactly how the Disney Area Villas llc / Disneyandi.com crisis happened !
floridapete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi
I have been offered a villa from my Disney houses from a woman who seems to want to help but now aI'm very dubious has anyone heard of these their website looks pretty basic ?
I would be very cautious if I were you, I know my friends were contacted by someone offering to help too? They thought it suspicious . They were very lucky a disgruntled villa owner helped them out directly? Good luck
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by floridapete View Post
Anyone who has been a victim of Disney Area Villas LLC aka. Disneyandi.com should make direct contact with:

The Osceola County Sheriff's Office using:

e-mail: alexander.hogue@osceola.org
Quoting crime number: 17I026566
Direct line 001 321 697 4540 (remember the five hours time difference between UK and Florida).

Detective Hogue is heading up the investigations into the activities of these business entities located in Central Florida by Marion Griffin/Verner and her daughter Kelly Price.

Disney Area Villas LLC gave notice of their ceasing trading on Friday the 17th March 2017 after less than one year of business during which time a LOT of British people were victimised over Florida villa bookings. In the notice they gave the name and address of their Registered Agent to which all claims (they said) should be addressed. This was a smoke screen as their Registered Agent (simply a business set-up office in Hollywood Fla.) has no further connection with the business and no liability for it's debts.

If you paid by credit card then your best bet to get the money back is to consult them. If you paid by direct debit or bank transfer you have no claim on the bank. If you paid by Paypal consult them first.

BUT WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU FILE YOUR REPORT WITH DET. HOGUE !

There are various groups of victims liasing with Det. Hogue collating information as it comes to light. This could be a very big scam involving tourists, management companies and private villa owners, all of whom have lost money to these people.
Thanks for the info I will pass this on to my friends
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
floridapete
I want to go now!

Hi
The MyDisneyHouses website has only a first name, e-mail and telephone number as contacts. Unfortunately (for UK renters) the number is a US number and not an Orlando/Kissimmee number.

So who is it ?

Googling the number led me to a reference to Jane Freck. So I then checked with Osceola Appraisers website and, yes, the Freck couple from New Jersey USA, DO own four properties in the Disney area around Emerald Islands. Gerald F and Barbara J. (Jane ?) Freck.

So their offer of help does seem kosher !
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

thank you that is exactly what she told me so that's reassuring
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
There is a dibb owner with 4 homes on emerald island it could be the same person, have a look in the villa rentals sec tion to see if it is the same person.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MYDISNEYH
Very Serious Dibber

That is me and I am the owner. I advertise on the Dibb and am Legit. I own 4 homes in Emerald Island Resort. I used to use the website mydisneyhouses but Disney sent me a request to stop using there name in my website, so changed it to MyMagicalHomes

My name is Barbara Jane, but I go by my middle name of Jane.

The Dibb verifies ownership, so I would not be able to advertise here it I was not the owner. Probably the reason Kelly Price did not advertise here!

Edited at 04:53 PM.
MYDISNEYH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List