Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Well I love dogs but I certainly don't want to stay in a bedroom where one has most likely been on the bed or on the sofa. Lovely as they are, dogs smell.
(I didn't really appreciate this until I no longer had dogs.)
I hope they have specific doggy rooms or I won't be staying at any of those hotels!
I think this might put off more people than it attracts.
I think they will take into account that some people don't like dogs or have allergies to them. Certain rooms will be designated for the purpose of dog owners.

Re putting people off - Kimpton hotel chain have thrived on people bringing their pets - cats as well as dogs. In fact, if you haven't a pet they will provide you with a goldfish if you want one. Once asked if they would accommodate a baby elephant they responded: As long as it is well behaved its more than welcome.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You can take pets to Travelodge. Completely random fact, but just pointing out that pet friendly hotels are pretty common place.

At other (non-Disney but still US) hotels I've stayed in that have pet friendly rooms, these have always been a specific booking category. You can't just rock up with your dogs and expect to take them into any room. I would expect them to be specific rooms, just like all their other categories.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Dogs at the breakfast table and swimming in the pool.

As long as Disney can get some dollars from it!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
onsite hotels allowing dogs to stay

Just wondered what peoples thoughts and advice is on this matter. I read on a social media group page I am on that four onsite hotels including our hotel AoA, is now allowing up to two dogs to stay in your rooms. I know that guide dogs and hearing dogs can stay just now which I have no issue with, and I am led to believe the rooms get deep cleaned afterwards. I am panicking and worried as my husband has a bad allergy to dogs. We are staying in a Little Mermaid room and am thinking that because they are the cheapest rooms these will be the ones the dogs are allowed in. I have tried to contact the hotel to ask but cant get a reply. My husband gets really bad breathing issues when he comes into contact with pet hair. We booked may this year for next may so my question is should Disney offer us another hotel or what options should I be thinking about? I am really worried about it. The dogs are not allowed to be kept in the rooms all day but also the noise at night of dogs barking. I understand for some taking dogs on holiday would be a great thing for them but its purely health worries that I am concerned.
Sorry for the long post. Between worrying about the building works and now this its all going wrong

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Mobile

When we stayed at SSR last August there was a woman with a dog in Artist’s Palette. It was sat on her knee and she was feeding it off her plate 😬.
I mentioned it to a member of staff that it wasn’t appropriate and was told there was nothing they could do about it as it was a service dog!
It was a Chihuahua 😳
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
As I've posted about before, we were at AOA during the hurricane and had no problems with the cats and dogs other than one owner didn't pick up after their dog. Eew. But the dogs and cats themselves were no problem. Didn't hear any barking or howling before, during or after Irma.
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

There's a thread about this in the Accommodation section:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1051739
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would not like to stay at any of these resorts now. I know they allow pets at RPR but only in certain towers not all of them so we always make sure to ask for one of the non pet ones. I really can't think of anything worse.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I am really concerned about this as my husband has very bad allergies to dogs which result in respitory issues and flare ups with his skin. We are staying at AOA and in a Little Mermaid room so am worried it will be these rooms because they are the cheapest rooms. We booked in may before this announcement and wonder if Disney will change hotel for us because it is is a medical issue and not just because we don't like dogs. I actually do. I know we can request a deep clean room but there would be no guarantee that these rooms would be ok. Really don't know what to do as I still haven't told my hubby yet. He will go all grrrrrr on me and prob say to cancel the holiday. Extreme I know but he is really bad with his allergy and is having a bad time just now with all his allergies and asthma. Sorry for rant just needed to let off a bit of steam and decide what and how I am going to deal with this. I have booked a package with Thomsons so would I go to them or direct to Disney?

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I would imagine that Disney, like many other hotels, will have rooms that are pet friendly and rooms that pets are not allowed. So if someone has an allergy and informs Disney of this, then Disney would allocate a pet free room.

Although I feel Disney seems an odd place to take a pet and I personally wouldn't take mine there, I can imagine many Americans visit Disney enroute to visiting family so would take their pets with them.

We take our dog on every holiday we go on in the UK, usually in our own touring caravan but we have taken him in chalets, static caravans and holiday cottages. Many people take their dogs to hotels in the UK too. I guess staying in a Disney hotel with a dog is just the same in theory but it does seem an odd destination for a dog holiday. The dog would be left alone for many hours while the owners would be in the parks I would imagine which isn't very considerate to the pet.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List