Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Dec 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 5 (29.7.18) - US, IOA, HRC, The Kitchen @ HRH, US and IOA!

We were awake with the alarm at 6.30am and up and dressed in the lounge by 7.30am. This morning we just grabbed breakfast and coffees to go, which we ate as we walked over to US. We were back in Diagon Alley today to do the interactive spells. Had lots of fun doing this altogether.

Once happy we had covered all of the interactive spells we rode Gringotts again (my photopass had now run out as I bought the 3 day pass) and then headed into Florean Fortescue’s for ice-cream…..I’m on holiday, ice-cream for breakfast is totally acceptable right?

We looked at the menu, huge choice! DD really wanted to try the strawberry and peanut butter but wasn’t sure if she would like it so I asked if she could possibly have a sample to help her decide. The team member told me that they weren’t allowed to give out samples but she would serve the ice-cream and if she didn’t like it we could say and she would swap it out for a new flavour. We thought we’d do that as she does like both strawberry and peanut butter. Typically enough, she didn’t like it! So the kind team member swapped it for a new flavour. I’m not sure what the others had in the end as I haven’t written it down but I know that I chose Butterbeer flavour soft serve and it was delicious! Yummy!

After we had finished our second breakfast we took the HE across to Hogsmeade. Once off, we spent a while walking around and completing the interactive spells there. The team members here were fab, DS was struggling with one spell and there was a team member milling about. He took the wand and had a try but struggled too, declaring to DS that a bogart must have interfered! Great interaction. Once we had completed all the interactive spells, used the restrooms and applied suncream we went and rode FJ. Thankfully no dramas about pushing in this time and we all enjoyed the ride!
It was now 10.15 and we slowly walked around to the Dinostore where we bought a souvenir for $8.47, the receipt says Philips neck so maybe a necklace?

After we had finished here we went to Burger digs which had just started serving and at 10.36 we recharged our freestyle mugs for $34.04. We sat outside in the sunshine and had a rest and refresh while people watching. Once suitably refreshed we headed to the raptor encounter where DH and DS queued up while DD and I went across to the stall that does hair wraps. DD sat patiently whilst the lady put a wrap in her hair. Not sure exactly of the cost or how long it took but she was very good and it looked great in the end, DD was very pleased with it as she paid for it with her pocket money and she had really wanted one.

Once finished we went to the refill station nearby and filled our mugs but DH and DS were nowhere to be found. I tried calling by what’s app but struggled. Eventually got through and DH wanted me to nip to the queue with his drink which I did and he was not happy. Can’t remember why now but I think it was to do with the queuing system and being in full heat. Anyway, I left him with his drink and walked off as he didn’t want the people behind him to think I was pushing in.

DD and I went back to the drinks filling station, filled our drinks then sat on the path near the toilets to wait for them. They weren’t too much longer and DH showed me the video of DS meeting the raptor and it was fantastic! DS’s obsession at the time (he is ASD and his obsessions really are that, they also change) was dinosaurs (it is a repeating theme!) DS loved the experience and I am so pleased that he got to do it as it made him so very happy.

It was about 11.30/11.45 by this point so we made our way over to the JP ride. We enjoyed this ride and then walked around to the Hulk. I’m not sure if I have mentioned before, but DD was desperate to go on this ride. It was the one ride she had never done and we were unsure whether she would be tall enough when we got there as her uncle had measured her at home and she was too short, although he told her she’d be fine! On every visit to IOA we had got her measured but each time she had been wearing either flip flops or sandals and wasn’t tall enough. Today we came prepared and she was wearing her trainers!

We measured her first before getting a locker as there’d be no point getting a locker if she couldn’t ride. Well, thank goodness she was tall enough! We went to get lockers and they were almost all full. We needed two as they are tiny and we had a backpack and the freestyle mugs x4! DH and I split up and found lockers which we got, then returned to the ride entrance where the cast member that had stood and watched us measure DD not 5 minutes earlier, asked if she could check her height. Not a problem as we knew she was tall enough. The team member was happy with that so let us in and through the express queue. At the entrance to the ride another cast member asked if they could measure her. Ok, safety first so not a problem even though she had been measured. He ummed and ahhed and tried poking his fingers under her head but couldn’t so asked if he could measure her on the other side….errrr, no… you’ve measured her here and she is fine so why go and measure her again. DH voiced this and the fact that would be the 4th she had been measured and each time she was fine so was there really any point and surely the measure over there should be the same as this?!

Thankfully he allowed us to ride so DD was absolutely made up! We all absolutely loved this ride, so fast and exhilarating! Whilst our stuff was still in a locker, we walked round to Dr Doom Fearfall to ride and then walked back to collect everything. Next we went to Spiderman which was a walk on with the Express pass. After that ride we went into the comic book shop where DD and DS both chose a comic to take home. One cost $5.59 incl tax and the other $4.52 incl tax but I’m not sure whose was whose! It was now 1.24 and we felt happy that we had got loads done so we headed out. We went into the PoE shop for Christmas decorations but I wasn’t happy with any so didn’t make a purchase. We then went into the shop to collect the 2 free prints that came with the photopass and also to ensure that all my photos were there as I couldn’t see the ones from the marvel character dining but I was assured they would show up on my app soon as they were on the system. Thankfully they did as they were really good!

Lunch was calling and DH had a birthday voucher for a free entrée from HR so we headed in there. We were sat in the seating area to the left and behind the bar we could see the arena space stacked up with chairs, it was massive! In here we ordered 3 entrees to share between the 4 of us. We ordered chicken nachos, a honey chicken sandwich and a bbq pork sandwich. DD had a milk and DS had a fanta whilst DH and I had a rather refreshing Budweiser. The food came out promptly and our server was fab, getting all the extras we wanted. There was plenty and I don’t think we even managed to finish it all but we had a jolly good try! Total before the free birthday entrée was $60.13 and with the voucher it was $45.75. We will have tipped cash on the total before the voucher was deducted and as it was cash I’m unsure how much that was as I didn’t make a note of it either!

It was now 3.05 so we headed in to the rock shop where I bought a classic white tee ($24.50), DH bought a red logo t-shirt ($27.50) and we picked up 2 glasses that were on special offer ($9.98) to go with the other HRC glasses we have. Total $66.01 incl tax. Purchases in hand we made our way back to HRH where we had a rest and I packed up, ready for our move. I was so very sad about this.

Once rested we changed and made our way to the club lounge for drinks at 5.30. Unfortunately, there was no Nan this evening and so we wouldn’t see her again. The kids were gutted as DS wanted to give her his Manchester pin from his lanyard. We left it with a friend with a note and a tip as she had been so good with both kids during our stay.

Tonight we decided to eat in The Kitchen in HRH. We arrived and were seated promptly in a seat overlooking the paths and garden outside. I ordered a candy bar cocktail ($14.00) I am not entirely sure what was in this and I have looked the menu up online but I can’t find it. However, my notes for this cocktail do state “cocktail very strong!” Ha ha! Dh had a bud, DS had an orange juice (I will presume they had no fanta as he always orders this) and DD had a milk (she must have needed a healthy fix!) Although, it was chocolate milk so not sure if that counts!

Food wise I ordered the meat loaf, DD ordered a pepperoni pizza, DS ordered a kids steak with broccoli and French fries and DH ordered chicken paillard. Service was quick and all of the food was absolutely amazing. I think we literally waddled out of the restaurant! Total bill was $98.78 incl tax and it was worth every cent as it was delicious!
Once we had paid up (cash tip so no notes on that I’m afraid!) we left HRH and made our way into US.

We rode RRR for the final time and then went to get across to Hogsmede via the HE. It was great doing it this way but the view was spoilt by the family we shared the carriage with. I am just glad we had already done it the other way otherwise I would have been gutted as the experience was spoilt really. The American family in front of us were told to sit on the right hand side. Most of the family sat on the right but the mum chose to sit on the left. Fine, not a problem and I’m not one to argue. Except Dad was on his phone for the whole journey and Mum was sat out and partially blocking our view. Why can people not follow simple instructions?!?!

Anyway, grump over we left the HE and went into Hogsmeade for the castle projections. It was short lived but very enjoyable.

We slowly made our way out of IOA. By this point we were absolutely exhausted and had I had a magic wand I would have magic myself back to the hotel! On the way out of IOA we stopped in the Trading Company shop and at 10.05 I bought a fridge magnet for $7.41 incl tax. Headed back to HRH where we crashed out!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great day, we met Blue , the raptor as well, makes a great video and photo ‘s 😀
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Great day, we met Blue , the raptor as well, makes a great video and photo ‘s 😀
Thanks for reading. The video DH took of the meet is absolutely hilarious as blue scares DS witless! Definitely great videos!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
What a great day👍

It was! Thanks for reading and commenting.
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a fab day and delicious meal!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
What a fab day and delicious meal!
Yes, it was yummy! Could just eat it now.
Thanks for reading.
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Aww made up DD managed to ride the hulk! Great day again!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Aww made up DD managed to ride the hulk! Great day again!

Ah, thank you! Touch and go with the numerous measures but thankfully worked out for her!