Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 18 Feb 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Pint of Downeast Cider please. Boston 2018 Part 4

Sadly it was time to go. Had a quick sort out of the room and left our bags with the Bell-Hops and set off back into town.
We strolled quite leisurely as we had all day as the flight was quite late. I wanted to have a look at the "Garden" as I love US sports and to be fair, you dont get much bigger than the Boston Celtics. We only saw it from the outside, but it was a moment I savoured.
We had a simple lunch in a random pub and guess what ? Another pint of Downeast Cider please barman. We walked to the common around the old part of town where the TV images came to life, the leafy avenues going uphill etc. with the tiny doors. We arrived back down by Cheers Bar and it seemed natural to go in. Another pint of Downeast Cider please barman.
On our way back to the hotel we called in to Shake Shack so Leander could fill up before the plane as she wont eat the food. Caught the SL1 to the airport and after what seemed a few minutes took off for our 5 hour and 20 min flight home.
Thoughts
Fantastic hotel. The Seaport is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
VA. Great service. Couldnt check in online for myself, couple of direct messages on Twitter and it was all sorted. Even though the seatmap had empty seats, the flight was full on the way home. Had to sit in the middle of a row of 3, as someone joined us ! Thank God we were in Delight. Hate those rows ot 3. 3-4-3 dont work for couples.
National Express. Even though we had an hours late wait in the bus depot, this is a fantastic way to travel down the M4 to Wales. £17 return for the two of us, and no chance of dropping off at the wheel when you have to drive !
Yeah, all good for a trip to Boston and we only had a months wait to go to New York for Xmas
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List