Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

The 40th Birthday trip, 3 years early-You’re a flipping liability you are!

I woke up at 4, of course, mum was already awake!

I decided to get up for a shower at 5.45, mum had manged to fall back to sleep. But I’d admitted defeat. Mum woke again just after 6 and headed for a shower herself.

We had a cup of tea while we were getting ready and were at the bus stop for 7. The Magic Kingdom bus left at 7.03 and we arrived at 7.22. we stopped for some photo pass pictures in front of the train station as we were early for our breakfast reservation.

There was a lady in front of us who had a little girl of about 4 who just did not want to smile, no amount of coaxing could bring her around.

We checked in for breakfast and were let up Main Street at 7.50.

We had some more photo pass pictures taken on route to the castle and then in front of the castle and the partners statue.

The same unsmiling girl was in front of us again, still not smiling. Clearly nobody had told her she was in the happiest place on earth!

Then it was breakfast time! Everyone has their own first day traditions, ours has become breakfast at Be Our Guest. We checked in and there was a family in front of us with a little boy called Benny, he was the cutest and dressed as Mickey Mouse. He gave me a little present of a Belle necklace, keyring and stickers, he was so lovely.

Through the doors of the Beast’s castle, we headed to the kiosk to confirm our order. Mum went to choose a table while I made the teas. The pastries and breakfasts arrived soon after, a Croque Madame, Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Béchamel served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries for mum and a Feast á la Gaston, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, and Roasted Potatoes served with Fresh Fruit for me.

This is the first time that we have been allowed alcohol on the Disney Dining Plan, so of course, we ordered some! Poor mum had to wait for her Bellini whilst I was being made to feel like a criminal.

I know, I know, massive fines if they serve underage folks, but I did have a photo of my passport and my driving licence and poor mum is 61, she could have let her have her drink!

The cast member went off to find out if she could give 36-year-old me my Mimosa (which wasn’t even nice) with 2 forms of ID and then less than 5 minutes later handed over an alcoholic drink without question to someone who looked younger than me!

Anyway, after breakfast, we headed across to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but there was a huge queue even before park opening, so we decided to wait for Peter Pan’s Flight to open instead. I wanted to add here, on our last trip, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was usually open when we left Be Our Guest before park opening, but this didn’t seem to be the case this trip.

After a quick flight around London and Neverland, we took a boat around the world on It’s a Small World.

Then it was time for our first visit to the best toilets in Walt Disney World, the Tangled toilets!

Our first Fastpass of the day was for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. On the way over, mum said she’d forgotten to put her credit card in her purse. I said it was fine, she could just charge to the Magic Band and sort it out later. At which point, she realises that she’s lost her Magic Band, we only been here an hour!

I then announce she’s a liability and we retrace our steps. The band is nowhere to be found so off we go to City Hall, where there is obviously a massive queue, doing nothing to improve my mood! The band got cancelled and mum had to use a card for the rest of the day.

Finally sorted out, we could get on with the day. We headed back to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, quickly followed by my true love, Haunted Mansion.

Not quite worked out where the camera is yet!

Obviously, I then needed to go to Memento Mori for a little look around. I also had my first pin trading experience in here with the lovely Faye.

It had started raining, so we had a wander round the shops before going to the Firehouse for some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards.

We had a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin so that was our next stop. I got 75000 and mum got about 2500, she was not happy.

While we were queuing, I’d booked another Fastpass for PhilharMagic, but first, its snack time, we
went to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and decided to try the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich, two Freshly Made Chocolate-Chip Cookies served with your choice of Hand-scooped Ice Cream, mum had vanilla ice cream and I had mint choc chip. They were delicious, but we probably could have shared one!

We had a fun time at PhilharMagic and after this went to Bonjour! Village Gifts for a look and did some pin trading. I’d booked another Fastpass for Voyage of the Little Mermaid so off we toddled.

The ride broke down while we were on it and the announcer kept saying ‘stay in your clamshell’ but you can’t get out anyway!

Another Fastpass booked, this time for Jungle Cruise, our guide was Hayley and she was hilarious! I then booked another Fastpass for Pirates of the Caribbean which mum prefers in Paris but was still happy to ride. She has now decided she prefers this one, go figure!

After a fun packed day so far, we decided to head out and catch the boat to Wilderness Lodge early for our dinner reservation.

It was a lovely journey and when we arrived, I did some more pin trading.

We had a wander around and I managed to change our reservation for Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White from 17.45 to 16:35. We checked in at 16.25 and were shown straight to our table.

Mum worships Dopey so when this character meal was announced, it was a no brainer on the booking front.

We ordered our drinks first, mum ordered the Enchanted Apple, Skyy Citrus Vodka, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple, and White Cranberry Juice, and I ordered A Brew of Peaches, Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Peach, Raspberry, and Brûlée Demerara Sugar (ID accepted, no problem.)

The appetizers are shared but you get individual portions, these are served on a twinkling tree;
Mushroom Bisque, Crispy Mushroom, Hunter’s Terrine, Chicken, Black Truffle, Stone Fruit Preserve,
House-made Pickles and Wicked Shrimp Cocktail, Soy, Miso, Avocado, Thai Chili, Greens. I hate
mushrooms, who decided it would be a good idea to make a starter out of them!?!

For our entrees, we both ordered the same; Royal Prime Rib Roast, Horseradish-Mashed Potato, Carrots, Popover, Jus, but the meat was so fatty, it was also served with Yorkshire Pudding and that was not up to Maxine’s standards either!

The desserts were also served as shared but with individual portions; Miner’s Treasures, Sponge Cake, Chocolate Gems, Berry Panna Cotta, 'Poison' Apple, Dark Chocolate-Apple Mousse, Sour Center, Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie, Meringue, Gooseberry.

And finally, we were brought; The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen,Crackled Maple Popcorn, Ganache Heart.

The character interaction at this meal was fab, the Queen is the only character with a photo pass photographer, she was so believable and told mum to cover up the spot on her shirt, it was Snow White!​

Our server gave me a massive Caramel Apple Cupcake for my birthday but kindly packaged it up for me as I was too full to eat it.

We had booked another trip here for later in the trip but decided to cancel it as the food was a bit hit and miss.

From Wilderness Lodge, we caught the bus to Animal Kingdom, this took 20 minutes. The Animal
Kingdom Lodge bus arrived as we did so we were straight on it and home.

We sorted mum a new Magic Band, filled our cups and had a meander looking at the animals before retiring to the room.

Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report so far! May I ask, are the room refurbs starting on zebra trail now or was it still Kudu trail from what you can see? I like the old rooms too so I wouldn't be disappointed either way! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

They were still on Kudu when we left on the 15th of May.
Thank you for reading and commenting
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great start to your holiday, fantastic photos x
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another good day! I’m tempted by the storybook dining now. The food looks good - apart from the steak.🙁

I’m also impressed by your mum’s stamina. A park on travel day, then full park day on the next day. You Go Girl!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Your mum sounds a bit like me, lost my magic band on the first day too, never to be found! 🙄
Nevermind, I'm sure you'll have a great holiday
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Great start to your holiday, fantastic photos x
Thank you Natalie
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Another good day! I’m tempted by the storybook dining now. The food looks good - apart from the steak.🙁

I’m also impressed by your mum’s stamina. A park on travel day, then full park day on the next day. You Go Girl!
Yes I think I’d choose a different main if we were to go again. It was a fantastic experience though.

She does get some rest time some bless her!
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Your mum sounds a bit like me, lost my magic band on the first day too, never to be found! 🙄
Nevermind, I'm sure you'll have a great holiday
No we never found it and my mood did improve as the day went on!
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I really would like to do storybook dining for the characters but I don't think my daughter will enjoy the menu, seen a few reports where people say the food isn't great so might have to book MNSSHP instead to meet the dwarfs 😀
Can't wait for the rest of your report x