Old 15 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by joe 70 View Post
We have already decided to opt out of Mousekeeping this year as we managed to keep a Villa nice and tidy last year i,m sure we can manage one room and a bathroom!
Going to google a how to for towel animals
We all can do that ... but paying for a bit of luxury is nice!

And of course we can make towel animals, but I've smiled each time we've had one! I love the fun the housekeepers have with soft toys, Pins, or whstevers been left out!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Glad you wrote that, I was thinking it
I wasn’t comparing cleaning with nursing as obviously it can’t be. I just said my reasoning for tipping the hotel cleaners.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I will be opting out of Mouse Keeping all together. Forget tipping, I am quite happy with $10 a day not to have this service!
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
I will be opting out of Mouse Keeping all together. Forget tipping, I am quite happy with $10 a day not to have this service!
TBH. We didn’t find mouse keeping that good anyway
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

From our experience at Pop Century last year, housekeeping now is basically a bedmaking service with a wipe down. Two dollars tops regardless of how many staying in the room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am totally against the opting out of Mousekeeping option. I am not wanting to stay in a room that hasn’t had a daily clean for two weeks before I go in it. Your sink and bath and loo and cleaned daily with housekeeping. That’s considerably more than a wipe down. I personally couldn’t live with a toilet for two weeks in a room with no toilet brush and no toilet cleaner than therefore can’t be cleaned for the whole time 🤢
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I look at a tip as saying thank you, we tip waiters who take our order and bring our food or the bar person who serves our drinks or the taxi driver who takes us from one place to another far more than the cleaner. It’s not about who’s on what wage it’s about saying THANK YOU either with a tip or verbally. Yes I do work in a thankless job and myself and my colleagues are so happy when people thank us and even better if they put it in writing. We are not talking about big money here just a $ or a € or 2.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Normally tip a $1 per person plus a couple of UK sweets. In return we find our room clean and tidy, some towel animals. Also usually take time to speak to the staff just a good morning how are you thing.
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I am totally against the opting out of Mousekeeping option. I am not wanting to stay in a room that hasn’t had a daily clean for two weeks before I go in it. Your sink and bath and loo and cleaned daily with housekeeping. That’s considerably more than a wipe down. I personally couldn’t live with a toilet for two weeks in a room with no toilet brush and no toilet cleaner than therefore can’t be cleaned for the whole time 🤢
Its slowly gone down hill every time we have been. Initially back in 2012 you would get little animals made from the towels etc. The room was hovered, and pretty clean each day.

2015 There were no animals, the room was still clean but was not hovered every day, and the sheets on the bed were not changed as often.

2017 I left little hover items on the floor in certain places like under the table and did not move the for while time I was there. We had to request sheets for the bed as these were not changed. There was dust on the Fan etc. Its a bad making service in my opinion with a few toiletries thrown in, Now that they have the main dispensers on the shower wall I can't even collect soap. While I realise everyones toilet habits are different I don't own a toilet brush and have never needed one! Bleach one a week for the lime scale. If I need this I will ask, 5 seconds and its done.

Some see it as a free service, in which case its ok. But if you look at it like you are paying $10 a day for very little I see it differently.
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Note to self * Pack a toilet brush *
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List