Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jun 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

Premier Inn Gatwick North Terminal

Last year we paid £41 for our room at the PI. This year I have checked every day since Nov last year and the cheapest it has been is £74. I think this rather steep for a budget hotel. We only go in Sept but it is going up rather than down. I know there is still time for the price to drop before we go but I am wondering whether to look for a B&B. At least there breakfast is included.
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wow, expensive!

I always book the day they release the non flex price and never paid that much.

However that doesn't help you I know. I would be looking elsewhere. have you tried Holiday Extras with a 10 or 15% off code? Also via Quidco.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We are in the same position. I have been stalking prices for our September trip and the lowest the saver rate has gone down to is £74.50. I currently have rooms booked at the flexible rate (£99) but am now thinking I might as well bite the bullet and just book the saver rate (now at £77) as I don't think it's going to drop to the low level we have seen in the past!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do you shop at Tesco and have some Deals that you don't know what to do with?

We've stayed six or seven times at the Hilton attached to the south terminal using deals. Not "free" of course but an exchange rate of £3/£1. I haven't worked out your exact date but random Sept date showing at £143 for B&B so you'd need to redeem around £48 in Deals.

Gatwick Hilton web site and use promo code PR20TC. They've changed the way they do it recently so you'd need to go to the Tesco/Hilton site for instructions.

We've stayed at the PI and flown from south and also stayed at the Hilton and flown from north.

Our four stays at the PI have ranged from £28 to £55. I think the £28 was at launch and not seen price since.

Mick

Edited at 06:17 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I booked in May for the end of Nov and paid £41.50 I think it was booked once the non flex prices were available.
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We booked last week for Feb 2020 and paid £42 for room only. I wonder if its cheaper to book earlier?

Try the Hilton, we got a deal earlier this year for hotel and 6 days parking for around £100 after cashback. Only useful if you were going to pay separately for parking, though.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked 4 rooms at the PI on Airport Way just after Christmas for this October at £34.50 per room. I was on every day checking until they went down.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
twan111111
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We booked Premier Inn for start of Sept, towards the end of last year - £52 - all about getting in early
twan111111 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dilovesflorida
Very Serious Dibber

Not sure I’d call Premier Inn a budget hotel, we’ve booked to stay the night before we fly and the price hasn’t changed much since we booked some months ago. All the ‘on airport’ hotels will be more expensive, staying off airport will mean adding travel costs, plus allowing for any traffic problems on the day.

I’d echo the advice offered by other Dibber. We used to stay at a Travelodge which wasn’t too far away, have you checked their website? Our pre departure date is showing as £60 (10/9/19).
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I booked in Nov for this August and paid 61 per room for 2 rooms. Never seem to get a better deal there anymore as we are always in school hols and it has become a very popular choice due to it's location.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List