Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 16 Jan 09, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Six Novices on the Slopes...Day 2.

Alarm Clock on for 7.30am this morning. We had our first of 2 lessons booked today for 10am.

We all had breakfast and got kitted out and ready to head to Gondola Station.

Kids all ready for trek to Gondola Station. Before we start everyone is complaining the boots are really tight.

Arrive at the Gondola Station and immediately reminded of Orlando. The Queue for Lift Passes is huge. Hubby finally gets the passes and we hand our six passes to guy at lift station. Gosh we are so green. The guy at the station doesnt speak English and lots of handing waving when we hand him our 6 passes, like you do at Disney and the CM lets everyone in. Not here. We eventually discover we just need to have the passes on us and they are picked up and the turnstile automatically opens.

Arrive at the top and this is the view that greets us.

I thought this slope looked big and this is only the Nursery Slope. Not much new snow and it is rather icy underfoot and we are slipping and still havent put on our Skis.

Finally track down our Ski Instructor, a young Danish Guy called Migl.
Shows us how to put on our Skis and we have a problems with DD Ski. Something wrong with the binding and her boot just wont click in place. We have to trek back down to base to get this fixed. We all decide to Trek back down and try and rearrange this lesson as we want to start together.

Here we are having lunch at the mountain top restaurant.

We get DD SKi fixed and meet Migl after lunch for our first proper lesson. Gosh it is hard work. We are shown to walk sideways in our Skis up a slope. Kids get to grips with gentle slope and even do a bit of breaking. I just cant grasp it at all and just feel totally out of control.

Here we are at the end of our lesson. I really feel at this stage that we should have gone for a nice week in the sun, with a nice swimming pool.

Ah well tomorrow is another day. I really wanted to chop my legs off at the knees they were so sore. We all crawl back to cottage and plop down. Everyone is in bed asleep at 9.30pm and ready for another day tomorrow.

Edited at 05:27 PM.
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 09, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
flikflak
Imagineer

Sounds like a typical first day on the slopes! Even carrying the skis can feel like torture after a days lessons!

Pics are great!
flikflak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Keep the reports coming ... I think I have finally talked DH into a family ski holiday

Originally Posted by flikflak View Post
Sounds like a typical first day on the slopes! Even carrying the skis can feel like torture after a days lessons!

Pics are great!
A very typical first day ... carrying skis thats why I'm thinking of going for snow blades.
Old 16 Jan 09, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post

You all look so cute in your ski wear.

Enjoying reading your trippies, looking forward to more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

I bet you all slept like logs after all that skiing and the crisp Alpine air.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 09, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List