Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 09, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post

"formosa gardens"... deal or no deal ?

Hey guy's

formosa gardens

Wat do you people think there is loads of websites with information on it and it looks well. Its been saide its near or on (celebration)

Here is a quotes i found on one of the websites about it.

Formosa Gardens is arguably the closest community to Disney World Orlando, with a gated entrance, and premium executive vacation homes, this is a very popular community.
This highly exclusive development of spacious, executive 4, 5, 6, 7 and even 8 bedroom villas, certainly have an MTV Cribs vibe about them! Most villas have oversized plots, with fabulous pools, spas and extended decks. Many of the villas on Formosa Gardens, have the additional benefit of internal games rooms, and even home cinemas! The wide boulevards and palm fringed streets add to the spacious feel of the community.

(Built around a central lake, many of the rental homes have fabulous lake views. This executive community is an ideal vacation location stay for families. Formosa Gardens gated community is located off Kissimmee's Hwy 192 West at Mile Marker 4 - less than 3 miles from the Disney theme parks, so that you can be first in the gates each morning)!

So some pretty good stuff there but is it "TRUE"

Wat iam trying to say is there is loads of hype about place's in orlando saying this and saying that.

So wat are your views has any one stayed here and is it worth the money.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
it's certainly a very good location, extremely close to Animal Kingdom. I am not a big fan of villas but if I was to stay in one, this would be the area I would choose.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed there in 2006. We had no complaints at all, the villa was great (no more expensive than similar villas we looked at on other estates) and it was quick and easy to get to the theme parks. The area was very clean and quiet and the views over the lake were lovely. Our villa had (only) four bedrooms but there were some very impressive villas nearby.
I can't compare it to other areas as this is the only one we have stayed at but I would highly recommend it.
Old 11 May 09, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ojoboots
Imagineer

Stayed there last year and it was brilliant. Villa was huge and on an enormous plot - no pools could be seen on either side. We got a good deal as we were staying for 5 weeks (although flew home early due to death in family). Lovely, quiet location very close to disney but as there are only 3 of us we can't really justify the cost of staying there again.

Villa - Magic Landings 2006
Villa - Highgrove 2007
Villa - Formosa Gardens 2008
Villa - LWP/Windwood Bay 2009
Villa - Calabay Parc 2010
Villa - Highgate Park 2011
Villa - Vista Park 2012
Villa - Ridgewood Lakes 2013

ojoboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

We have a friend who has their house their and its a gorgeous area
Old 11 May 09, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes what they have said is perfectly true, although there is one 3 bedroom home (but they did convert a bedroom into a living area, so I suppose it started off being a 4 bed).

About 1/4 of the homes are located around the lake, but all the homes are located on large plots of land, so your never be close to your neighbours.

If you need to know any information about Formosa Gardens Estates then just ask, as I own there.

Paul
Old 12 May 09, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Paul when we win the lottery i want to stay in your villa...the house and the pool look so nice .

Ad for the location its great

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 09, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

formosa Gardens is one of the closest resort to Disney and it's very close to the 192, so plenty of places to eat/shop, plus of course theres a few eateries and a supermakets at Formosa itself! We have never stayed there, but from what I read on the Dibb it's s firm favorite with many dibbers! There are Dibb owners with Villas on/near Formasa, I would reccommend looking at these villas if your thinking of staying in this area! X.X
Old 12 May 09, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post

The Formosa Gardens area has the closest rental villas to Disney. Formosa Gardens itself was one of the first short-term rental developments and the plots are among the largest in the area. Across the street is Acadia Estates, another development with large plots. These two developments do not have resort facilities. Both have unmanned access gates.

Also in this area are three resort developments with manned access gates - Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island.
Old 13 May 09, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

I've stayed at a 4 bed villa in Windsor palms and it was lovely, the nicest resort I've stayed at. The manned security gate was a great extra.

But saying that I've not heard of many villa complexes near disney that aren't fab, only one I've experienced which was a bit old fashioned was Indian Wells further up the 192, still fine though.