Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 11, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobyz2312
Apprentice Imagineer

scoobyz2312's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
virgin problems with villa

Hi arrived Monday to a villa at west have, 4 bed with pool heat. feel very disappointed considering it is meant to be on par with emerald island, and is clearly not :,( the pool is so small, its leaking. And the villa is very basic. I complained and asked to be moved but I am still waiting. Virgin use contempo to look after their villas and they say they have no villas to move me to. I will never book a package holiday with virgin again. Their customer service is awful
Old 21 Jul 11, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Sorry you feel like this about the villa - have you just arrived? It may seem worse than you think because you are tired.

I find a lot of the pools are about the same size with a few above average so i suspect yours is more 'normal' size rather than small.

In the morning top up the pool, have another look around the villa, it usually looks better when you have made your mark.

When you say 'basic' what do you mean? As long as it's got enough of everything for your party there's not much more you need.

Try not to let it spoil your holiday, things usually look better in the morning.
Old 21 Jul 11, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Perhaps try contacting Virgin Holidays using their Facebook page, the social team there seem to be quick at getting you in touch with the right people to resolve issues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
facepot
Excited about Disney

try Twitter if you want the best customer service. @VirginHolidays post pics on Twitpic they hate it and you'll be suprised at how fast they will respond.
facepot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
simbasheen
slightly serious Dibber

I hope that you get this sorted, did you book a standard villa or superior villa? Were you AOA or did you know where your villa is. I agree with the post about the pool sizes, they are small, not really big enough to excercise in, but they're normally big enough for a few inflatables and to cool off in. Good luck in getting sorted x
simbasheen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
facepot
Excited about Disney

in your tweet mention @richardbranson he has 1 million+ followers.
facepot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
We were allocated a Contempo villa by Thomas Cook and it was awful

We requested a Lake Wilson, the location was fantastic and the villas all looked really lovely (especially the Dibb villa on LW, we went to look ) The villa we were allocated was the exception.

I wouldn't go with Contempo again. This year we used a Dibb villa for the first time, and would never go back to using an agent again.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
It is surpisingly easy to book villa and flights independently
Especially if you use the Dibb for your villa...
there is a great choice and you get exactly what you see...
People may feel "safer" with the a package , but they have let people down so much..
Some villas may offer for you to use a booking company such as villarentals to pay by card ... this will give you a villa stay guarantee if you feel a little underconfident about that
Other than that look at Dibber reviews to see that the villa really is as advertised , and even better!

Contempo is struggling ...mostly because the TOs pay such poor rates to the owners
This means many owners would not dream of going that way
And those that do are left with little money to maintain/improve the villa...

Meanwhile I think holidays are being advertised at higher rates for next year...so maybe there will be more in the pot for the actual villas...
And if your villa is not up to standard , then keep complaining , if they have nothing else for you, and it really is poor... then you will deserve some compensation
so chin up and make the most of Florida while you are there...
Good luck!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Contempo are struggling to find enough villas to service the contract they have taken on. So much so a well known site i advertise on allowed them (out of desperation) to request owners with vacancies to be contacted by them. I got an e mail with requests for homes on 4 or 5 named subdivisions(mine included) so they are in dire straits as these bookings were a couple of weeks away. Another reason to book direct with the owner.
Having said that West Haven is no where near a comparison to Emerald Island and if you have paid for EI as a named resort and they have moved you stating it is... kick off!

Edited at 11:32 AM.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twilight Nerd
slightly serious Dibber

A friend of mine just returned from orlando had an absolute nightmare with their virgin villa again were told no others available and were put in disney pop resort, they asked for compensation to cover lack of villa facilities and were told it was costing virgin more to put them in disney so no money! I booked direct with owner and had a great villa
Twilight Nerd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread