Old 22 Jul 11, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by scoobyz2312 View Post
Here is an upDATE virgin asked us to pay £1500 extra! Due to no availability here I obviously refused and we are now at the hands of virgin. It I guess I Sony hold my breath!
£1500 for an upgrade to an acceptable villa?

For what? A Palace?
Old 22 Jul 11, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
monkey12
Excited about Disney

Virgin did the same to us last year, so sympathise with you totally! I tried Virgin at the time but had no response - they are crap at customer service. Rang Imagine Vacation Homes (who they used before Contempo) and they gave us an upgrade for $95 in total for 3 weeks. We were extremely pleased with their response. During the whole 3 weeks, never heard from Virgin! Try doing a dummy booking with Contempo to see if there is any availability.
monkey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 11, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

There's a Virgin Holidays office at Polo Park East on H27 in Davenport. If you have not done so already, I would get down there and read the riot act.

Virgin & TCD treat their customers like rubbish when there's a problem... same old excuses they gave my DB last year - nowhere else to move you to, we'll fix the spa, clean the dirty pool & carpets, blah blah blah.

They fixed and cleaned NOTHING and the second villa they moved them to was equally shabby.

Get photographic evidence, note down the names of everyone you speak to and complain, in writing, when you get home.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 11, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The sad thing about this is this is someones holiday thats getting ruined here, something that no doubt they have saved hard and sacrificed for. Its a disgrace they are having to charge around trying to get decent accommodation they have already paid for. Virgin should be totally ashamed.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 11, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by monkey12 View Post
Virgin did the same to us last year, so sympathise with you totally! I tried Virgin at the time but had no response - they are crap at customer service. Rang Imagine Vacation Homes (who they used before Contempo) and they gave us an upgrade for $95 in total for 3 weeks. We were extremely pleased with their response. During the whole 3 weeks, never heard from Virgin! Try doing a dummy booking with Contempo to see if there is any availability.
I have just had a quick look at the Contempo site, and as expected they do not have any inventory.
Old 23 Jul 11, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobyz2312
Apprentice Imagineer

scoobyz2312's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes correct address! How did you know? Virgin just won't budge. They keep telling me peak season, no availability. I'm just really frustrated and annoying sh and dd. I have emailed, called but as they say with virgin...we will treat you as a rock star ...mmm I disagree with this and to make it worse I came here to relax and recoup after having back surgery. I will never ever book virgin again!
:angry:
Old 23 Jul 11, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko!
Trying for More Ears

I'm sorry to hear what you are going thru, and I fully understand, as we had the same back in April. Please read my thread from then. But basically we went to the Virgin Office on the 27, and camped in the reception area, so all could hear. We eventually spoke to the manager on the phone, and got moved to a fantastic villa.
Also we were told the same, that there were no availability. Just stick to the facts, I.e what you have paid for and what you are not getting, and don't move until you get what you have paid for.
jacko!  is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 11, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

The trouble is with camping out at Virgin is you are wasting precious time of your holiday, and I reckon thats what they bank on. Say we have a family of their "holiday of a lifetime". They want to visit all 4 Disney Parks, (and say 1 water park) Universal(2 days) Sea World, Busch and maybe either the coast or Space Centre, theres 10 days gone before you start thinking about shopping, chilling out or anything else.
Its disgusting really and Virgin should be ashamed!

Sue:angry:
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 11, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
katluc
Serious Dibber

We had a bad experience in 2008 in a virgin villa, we asked, and were moved. Hence to say whne we booked a villa in 2010, we booked direct with the owner, got everything we wanted and much more, no hassle, much better, by the way, virgin refunded 50% of the villa cost after we complained on return.

NICKY
katluc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 11, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to read that Virgin are ruining your holiday!
But, I agree with many others... Stand firm and and don't back down!
You've paid good money for a certain standard of villa and its up to Virgin to make sure you get this.
Hopefully you get this sorted soon and can salavage at least some of your holiday!
Good Luck!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread