Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 14, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_disney
Trying for More Ears

Can anyone recommend a gulf coast hotel?

Hi we are currently planning our trip in August 2015 and we are looking at having a couple of nights on the gulf coast - we have previously stayed at the sand pearl and loved it but looking to try another top hotel on the coast. Any recommendations?...thanks x
Old 31 May 14, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in the Sandpiper Beach Resort in St Pete's for a night in 2011, it was great and I wished we had stayed longer than one night. It is right on the beach and there are sun lounges on the private beach all set out for the guests to use. The hotel next door is part of the same group and we went there for dinner, there was also a river system around the hotel which we hired a boat to go around. We had a room overlooking the sea which had a small kitchenette and an extra bed which my son used. We booked it through Thomson and it cost us £68.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 14, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_disney
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by FluffyFiFi View Post
We stayed in the Sandpiper Beach Resort in St Pete's for a night in 2011, it was great and I wished we had stayed longer than one night. It is right on the beach and there are sun lounges on the private beach all set out for the guests to use. The hotel next door is part of the same group and we went there for dinner, there was also a river system around the hotel which we hired a boat to go around. We had a room overlooking the sea which had a small kitchenette and an extra bed which my son used. We booked it through Thomson and it cost us £68.
Thanks FluffyFiFi I'll def check it out. Sounds like exactly what we're looking for :-)
Old 1 Jun 14, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
D2MEY
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We're staying in the holiday inn @ lido beach on our last night . It's currently having a full refurb and the local shops/bars/restraunts look awesome !
D2MEY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We stayed in the Tradewinds at St Petes. I think that maybe the sister hotel of the sandpiper. The service was excellent, loved the canal system and it had the best key lime pie in the state!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fuzzystone
Imagineer

fuzzystone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The Sandpiper has changed its name to the Guy Harvey Outpost, and just this winter has made some fabulous changes to the public areas (firepits, new seating, etc). We are returning there in a few weeks, and would highly recommend it.
Monarch Hotels consistently offer the best price (this year beating Expedia, Ebookers, etc by over £600 on a ten-night stay!)

'06 - Fairfield Inn at LBV '07- Fairfield Inn at LBV '08- AKL, Courtyard at LBV, Fairfield Inn at LBV '09 - Holiday Inn Suites at the Convention Center, Tradewinds Sandpiper, Vista Cay, NYC '10 Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando, Treasure Bay Hotel & Marina, NYC '11 Hampton Inn, Pointe Orlando, Tradewinds Sandpiper, St Pete Beach (sigh, didn't happen) '12 - 17nts at OKW, on free DDP '13 - 17nts Orlando/St. Pete Beach '14 - 21nts in Savannah, Orlando and St Pete Beach
fuzzystone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by D2MEY View Post
We're staying in the holiday inn @ lido beach on our last night . It's currently having a full refurb and the local shops/bars/restraunts look awesome !
Great choice! The HI has a wonderful position and will be super with its refurb. Just by the beach

You're just near St Armand's Circle which is the nicest shopping/eating/strolling area on the Gulf Coast IMO (even including Naples Old Town!). Make sure you also go in the evening when people are strolling around and hanging out. The shops are open til about 9.00.

Makes me wish we were still over there
Old 1 Jun 14, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

It sounds great, I want to go back. Staying there was a real highlight of our holiday.
Old 1 Jun 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_disney
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone I'll check out those recommendations. Really like the sound of st Armand's circle - not heard of this area before but sounds lovely. I'll look at monarch hotels too, that sounds like a really good value site. Cheers
Old 1 Jun 14, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Sheraton Sandkey in Clearwater is very good. Stayed there in 2005. Has its own beach. Free bus into Clearwater.
Closed Thread