Old 6 Jan 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
Great pictures of the Falls - you certainly pack a lot into your days!
We most certainly do, I feel like we have to when we travel all that way for 4 nights. Although, we aren't ones for relaxing too much anyway.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great day, the falls look fab.

I discovered Nutella with pretzels in FL in November... love 'em and I am saving my last pack!
Ooh, where did you get them in Florida! I may have to stock up when we go in Feb!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving the trippie!

We went in September and went to the loose moose! Great nachos!
We also thought the Margaritaville wasn't very good. The one at Citywalk is much better.
Going back in May as we loved it so much, you definitely need more than a few days as it's such a big city.
Old 6 Jan 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow, the falls looked amazing. Good shopping. Nice to see a few cocktails!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
You must have been freezing behind the falls! When we went in August, it was 30degC+ and still very cool on the boat just by the falls themselves.

Pity you didn't get to Niagara on the Lake - it really is a nice place - but as you say, a good excuse to go back. Off to read day 2 now.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 16, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Wow, the falls looked amazing. Good shopping. Nice to see a few cocktails!
I do like my cocktails The shopping was pretty great too actually. An unexpected treat.

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
You must have been freezing behind the falls! When we went in August, it was 30degC+ and still very cool on the boat just by the falls themselves.

Pity you didn't get to Niagara on the Lake - it really is a nice place - but as you say, a good excuse to go back. Off to read day 2 now.
We were so bundles up ready for the cold that it wasn't actually that bad. I imagine being on the boat would be worse but they don't run in the winter so we couldn't find out
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great photos of the falls, it sounds like you had a fantastic day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Niagara Falls looks beautiful in the winter, don't know if I could have stood the cold though great photos though. We are staying overnight there then plan to go to the outlets on our way back to the airport by the sound of things I better leave enough space eh
Great TR's so far
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Fab photos of the Falls. We took loads of photos too, and just couldn't stop snapping away. It was such an amazing experience.

What is it with those outlets? They look so close on the way to the Falls, but we couldn't find them on the way back to Toronto.

Well done on trying the poutine - I took one look and it just didn't appeal to me I'm afraid. Perhaps I should have just closed my eyes and tried it.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 16, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Great photos of the falls, it sounds like you had a fantastic day
We did, the falls were spectacular!

Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Loving the trippie!

We went in September and went to the loose moose! Great nachos!
We also thought the Margaritaville wasn't very good. The one at Citywalk is much better.
Going back in May as we loved it so much, you definitely need more than a few days as it's such a big city.
Oooh glad you agreed with Margaritaville, what a Larry let down it was!

I would love to visit in the spring / summer!

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Niagara Falls looks beautiful in the winter, don't know if I could have stood the cold though great photos though. We are staying overnight there then plan to go to the outlets on our way back to the airport by the sound of things I better leave enough space eh
Great TR's so far
The cold wasn't too bad, because we were expecting it we had layers (including thermals) so we were ok. the only annoying thing is that when you then head into shops / restaurants, they are so overheated you have to peel everything off!

The outlets were small but very good actually! Definitely worth a pop in for your way home.

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Fab photos of the Falls. We took loads of photos too, and just couldn't stop snapping away. It was such an amazing experience.

What is it with those outlets? They look so close on the way to the Falls, but we couldn't find them on the way back to Toronto.

Well done on trying the poutine - I took one look and it just didn't appeal to me I'm afraid. Perhaps I should have just closed my eyes and tried it.
Haha, im glad you had trouble finding the outlets too! It was so stressful because we could see them!

The poutine was good actually! If you can ignore the distinct look of cat sick
Old 12 Jan 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The falls look amazing, you got some great pictures! Do you think it was better just hiring your own car and driving there? A few of my friends are off in May and were looking at tours but they have driven in the US before so I thought it could give them more freedom to visit outlets etc on way back
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List