Old 1 Nov 16, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A whistle stop tour of Dublin!

I only normally post trip reports of my US adventures on here, but just in case anyone is looking for a quick rundown of what Dublin has to offer, I thought I would add a few photos of our recent 2 day trip.

We went to celebrate my birthday after securing £9.99 flights with Ryanair. Flying out on the 24th October & back on the 26th from BHX. We stayed at the Jury's Inn Christchurch which is a lovely hotel (we have stayed before). we paid just under £100 a night for this on a B&B rate through hoteltravel.com.

Travel Day

We had a 7pm flight from Birmingham which ended up being delayed for nearly 2 hours which was a bummer It ruined our evening meal plans in the city so we had to eat at All Bar One & just head for a drink when we finally arrived.

Burrito, Burger & Bread nibbles at All Bar One

We grabbed the Airpcoach from the airport having booked tickets online in advance. At $6 each it was very reasonable & so very easy!

Aaron heading over the H'apeny Bridge

Our hotel, the Jury's Inn Christchurch

A few treats on arrival

A couple of drinks at The Ivy, a great bar near Dublin Castle.

Day 1

We bought the Hop on Hop off City Sightseeing tickets this morning, they cost $18 each & we used them to do the full loop of the city & to get to and from the zoo.

Our hotel breakfast was incredible!

On the bus...

Heading into the zoo

The zoo itself, a fabulous visit & well worth the money ($15 each when we showed our HOHO bus ticket). It wasn't too big so we managed to cover everywhere & see all the animals without worrying about what we had missed.

Back in the city, we had a little wonder around St Stephens Green, Grafton Street & Temple Bar, of course popping into a couple of places for a drink!

Forrero Rocher gelato!

The famous Molly Malone statue

For a bite to eat we hunted down the Hard Rock Cafe where we each had a coupled of drinks & shared the wings. Aaron asked for the as hot as can be & boy they were spicy!

After freshening up at the hotel we head back out again. After a Dibber suggestion, we head to the Mint Bar at the Westin Hotel. So nice!

Next up was our evening meal at the Blind Pig Speakeasy Prohibition Bar. I had found out about it on Trip Advisor & booked a table. We had to find a little Italian restaurant, follow the Shhhh signs into the cellar & then push a button with the mustard sign on to open the concealed doors So much fun!

We had amazing cocktails! Aaron had a pizza which was also incredible & I had spaghetti and meatballs.

Day 2

Today we didn't have any set plans before 3pm when we had booked on to a free city walking tour. We just wondered the city killing time really, in hindsight we should have gone to the Guinness Factory but with neither of us drinking it we decided it was pointless. If the Jamesons factory had been open, that would have been a must do for us!

Breakfast at the hotel again, yum!

A wonder around the city

Trinity College

Hot chocolate & coffee at Carluccios

Fro Yo at Mooch

Aaron with our walking tour guide James. We booked onto this tour via Dublin Free Walking Tours online & I would highly recommend

Garden of remembrance

Reproduction of letter written by the dying Michael Joseph O'Rahilly

Lunch at Elephant & Castle

Christchurch Cathedral

And then it was back to the airport, a very quick but enjoyable visit

Edited at 10:58 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Really enjoying this Abi... and my god the food looks amazing... think I might've put weight on just looking at it lol... Ferrero rocher ice cream yum
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Really enjoying this Abi... and my god the food looks amazing... think I might've put weight on just looking at it lol... Ferrero rocher ice cream yum
Thanks for reading, that gelato was heaven!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Wow you packed it in !

Great report and fantastic City.

thanks for sharing

Disney 332
Old 10 Nov 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Glad you enjoyed Dublin! I've never heard of the blind pig so must try it out

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List