Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rainbowfin
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Cheapest way to do DLP

Hi, thinking of a 2/3 night break at DLP, actually pushing my luck and looking New year 2019 😂 not too fussed about staying onsite just looking for best deals and an idea of cost for a family of 5. We had the best time at Disney world Florida last year, we got a great deal so I’m reluctant to spend lots on Paris when we live so near. Really interested to learn what others have spent, I know families that have spent almost as much on a few nights in DLP as we did on 2 weeks in Florida!
Rainbowfin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Travel wise, the cheapest way is probably to drive - you can get reasonable prices on the ferry (DFDS to Dunkirk is usually cheaper than the Calais route), Eurotunnel is more expensive but if you have Tesco Clubcard vouchers you can use these towards the cost.

Staying offsite is cheaper, there are lots of reasonable hotels within the Disneyland area, many have free shuttles - or you can use the local RER train.

Tickets wise you may find it better value to get annual passes, for 5 people you will also qualify for a 20% discount too. However as you plan to visit at New Year this is a peak period, so the cheaper annual passes won't be valid as they have block out dates. But worth pricing up and checking - you can pay for passes in monthly installments to spread the cost and it also means you get discounts in shops/restaurants., and of course you can come back during the year for extra trips! (thats Disney logic money saving right there!).

Spending money wise you can visit the local supermarket at Val d'Europe to stock up on snacks and drinks to save a fortune in the parks.

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

If you are on a very tight budget, you could take cereal and long life milk to have in the room in the morning. Crisps, cereal bars, apples, brioche etc can all be taken in to the park for snacks. You can have a mcDonalds or Earl of Sandwich in the evenings to save some money too. When the weather was very cold, we used to take a flask of hot water and those pre filled hot chocolate in cups that just needed water adding. Nice and warming when it’s freezing. Some of the offsite hotels are very basic, but ok for just sleeping.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I’m doing just this as cheap as I can... the thought came from looking at doing one of those bus trips overnight on NYE. Then I priced flights £40pp so impulsive me booked . Staying offsite hotel is £110pn. Tickets are what they are we are only doing 1 day but as previous poster mentioned AP are cost effective if coming back.I thought you could use the cost of your ticket against AP so I know you will pay peak ticket price but I wonder if you can offset that against any AP?
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve stayed off site mid week and with a free dining plan and it wasn’t too expensive. Davy Crockett is good. We make the breakfast stretch to lunch too with taking some ham and cheese and snacks to make
Sandwiches with the baguettes you get at breakfast. First time we went we only spent €100 in 4 days as we took the food into the parks with us.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We spent 3 days there last week and total spend was £540 for me and my son

Flights and 2 nights at hipark adagio (20 min walk or shuttle) - £250
3 day park ticket (1adult) - £150
Food for two of us - £100
Train to and from CDG - £40

If I had to do it again I would only get 2 day pases as the third day we spent a grand total of 1 hour in the parks after travelling and Disney village!

We stayed at the hipark and walked back and forth. We also walked out to Newport bay hotel and they were pretty much the same distance from the entrance to the parks. The hipark was nice enough for the money and we barely spent any time there, plus it had a kitchenette which came in handy

On day 1 we went to the auchan supermarket near our hotel and stocked up on some easy food for the park. I wish I’d bought more for sandwiches and meals back in the room at night though because I didn’t think much of the fast food in the parks. All tasteless, expensive and huge queues to order. My son hated the food and pretty much lived off fruit and croissants the whole time we were there!

I may go back next year and may drive because it took longer to fly and get the train than it would have taken to drive haha but I’ll definitely grocery shop more and only spend 2 days in the parks next time
Old 10 Dec 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ha ha - avoid the fast food, it is not fast, often not hot and not great. There are some excellent table service restaurants though, plus Earl of Sandwich which is always good. Lots of decent offsite places to eat as well.

We can happily spend 4 days in the parks and still not do everything!

Annual passes are the way to go. If you spend more than 3 or 4 days in a year in the parks, they are cheaper and you get discounts.

Edited at 06:13 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’re tied to school holidays, so we don’t get the cheapest prices, but our 5 day trip last year cost £600 for the four of us (2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 7) plus food.

We used Tesco clubcard vouchers for the Eurotunnel and drove there to keep travel costs down.
Five days of park tickets plus four nights onsite cost us £600 with a French offer - I think it was 35% off and under 12s go free. I really don’t think we could have beaten that with annual passes and staying offsite unless we were planning two+ trips.
Food - we took lots of croissants and pain au chocolat etc from B&M with us as treats for breakfast every morning. We also took snacks for lunch, so we only had to pay for one meal a day (and took water bottles to fill up for free at the fountains, so no drinks to pay for.)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

The cheapest way to go is usually buy your own tickets, stop in Val D Europe. If you stop at the hipark then this is about 25 min walk past the police station and back of Newport Bay (the HiPark is closer than Explorers and we once walked from Explorers!) - very well lit and usually a few people about even after park closing. Dont eat in the park - thats the money sink. Val D Europe have plenty of hotels with options for 5. Explorers is a good hotel for 5 too but usually more expensive. We tend to use explorers when we want a "night before disney" hotel (maximising disney stay) as it has good amenities and cheap food.

Transport depends entirely where you live. If we get a lift to the airport then it is borderline cheaper for us to fly (we live in the Lake District). We are flying from EDI via AF and have paid less than £300 for 4 of us with luggage (plus £100 return taxi from airport). Return Ferry, diesel and toll would probably be about £200 for us but more than 10 hours in one go. Add a pair of hotel stops and i'm not far from the flying cost. Obviously if you (say) live in Sussex then I envy your opportunity to make an annual pass work!

A coach trip would be a medium option but these usually come with set accommodation and might not be the best times. Plus these might be a fair amount of travel time (albeit cheap!).

If you plan on going for 4 or 5 days then an annual pass becomes a good option.

Edited at 05:50 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

New Year will be absolutely rammed, I would not want to go then.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List