Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Not quite disney related

Hi guys,
I apologise in advance for this not being Disney related, however, i'll be visiting the Tokyo Disney parks next February and also plan to spend a few extra days in Tokyo itself.

This is where my question comes in. Could anybody who has been and has visited the Ghibli museum please lend me a helping hand in which website they booked it from [I know they go on sale 3 months in advance] but needed a little guidance as to where to use to book the tickets.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I know people on here have been, and can give their personal stories, but have you seen:

tdrexplorer/ghibli-museum-tickets/
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

I-tike.com is the Lawson website address for buying tickets - they go on sale on the 10th of the month at 10am (Japan time) for the following month. Not used this site yet but will be trying it (hopefully) next year.
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

We used the Lawson site, as mentioned by Rae21. The full link is l-tike/st1/ghibli-en/sitetop

They go on sale at 10am (Japan time - so 1am GMT/2am BST) on the 10th of the month for the following month (so January 10th for all dates in February). When we did it we went online at 1am exactly and it was hard work. The site was obviously getting hammered so it took many, many tries to get through. But perseverance paid off. We checked the site again when we got up in the morning and almost everything was sold out, so I would say that you do need to do it at 1am, and keep trying - we visited in April rather than Feb though, so maybe not quite such a busy time.

The main alternative way to get tickets in the UK is usually via a package. JTB, for example, give priority to those booking packages with train passes. Full info is linked from the museum website ghibli-museum.jp/en/ticket-information/

We really enjoyed our visit and think it is worth the effort to secure the tickets!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all your help guys, i'll give it a go on January 10th at 1am to get the best chance.
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List