Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 28 Dec 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I use Sainsbury’s delivery, I hate supermarkets. Once you have got into it the system becomes easy, it keeps a record of what you usually get and your favourites.

I also find it easier to find the reduced items and compare the cost per gram/ounce and read ingredients. I usually keep a shop going and add any extras I need on theevening before delivery.

It works fine for me.
Ok sounds like Sainsbury's worth a look too. Thank you
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by justacey View Post
I have an ocado pass. I usually sign up with various offers. I recommended my neice to join and we got £20 credit each and she got free deivery for a year. I'd stopped mine for a month and got an offer free for 3 months and £1.99 for the next 9.
Since it all comes from a warehouse, it's vary rare for substitutions. On my Christmas delivery, I was only missing dips.
My delivery is more often the early part of the hour, it's only towards the end when I know traffic is bad. I usually have a 4:30pm slot, so it can be prone to be caught up in any local rush hour snarl ups.
It's rare I buy anything that's not on offer. I sometimes cross check prices against Tesco and it's comparable. I usually get an email off them saying my basket was cheaper than Tesco. Sometimes I will have a voucher saying 'sorry we weren't cheaper than Tesco, so have some cash back'.
I like their website much more than Tesco's and Asda's.
And most importantly, they are the only supermarket to sll my favourite Freixenet
Another vote for Ocado I see. Enjoy the Freixenet!
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Do the rounds of them all, if you've never used them before there's offers to be had for each one- normally something like £18 off a £60 shop.

The only one I don't like is Sainsburys as they don't price match on substitutions. So for example with Tesco if you order a bottle of Tesco value mouthwash and it's not in stock, they might send you a (much more expensive) bottle of Listerine but you'll only be charged the original price for the Tesco value one. However with Sainsburys they will charge you full price for the substitution. So you might have wanted that 50p bottle of mouthwash and end up paying £5 for the Listerine one. You can refuse substitutions at the point of delivery and they will refund the cost, but it's a pain as then you end up having to go to the shop anyway for the missing things! You will also get charged for the items up front and have to wait for that refund, so if you're working on a tight budget and get a lot of pricey substitutions that could be an issue for you.
Ah ok noted re Sainsbury's and substitutes. Thank you
Old 28 Dec 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Use Ocado and Morrisons. Never had a problem in the years of using them.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List