Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 10 Feb 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi just had another thought that you could do with your girls, look out for the hidden mickeys in the various parks. This can make some of the walking or cue waiting more interesting. You can get the hidden mickey book for £11 amazon. Example splash mountain mickey face in rocks at top of drop. Another example of hidden things , as you go round to see the gorillas in animal kingdom and where the 3 males are kept if you look back at the rocks jafar head is visable
Thank you so much for advice, my DD12 is looking forward to looking for hidden Mickeys this time, I bought her a copy of the book off eBay for £3😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi just to let you know you can get a book that details all the pins.
Over 100,000 different pins have been produced so our kids started to collect sets ,ie princess, film , sport, country, animal. Mickey etc
This gives them a focus rather than flitting from one to another.
Obviously depending on there age will maybe sway there choice
Any idea what the book is called?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I Lied, just remembered my daughter got a star wars starter kit from one of them, I use the lanyard for my Swimming offical badge, got a sunset scene from Tatooine on it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Have a look at disneyana
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Also mouse pin trading guide
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, your replies have been really helpful😀
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinman_uk View Post
BE CARFULL OF EBAY
there are lots of fake pins (scrappers)sold on there ,that a lot of trades will not trade

web site called pinpics.com has every pin listed

pinpics/index1.php
Yes, there are so many scrappers out there . I bought some pins in the Disney Store sales last year and my daughter traded them when we were there in January. I paid about £10 for 13 pins and just got another 6 for £1.80 each last weekend.

Pretty much every cast member lanyard was full of scrappers and I refused to let her trade anything we bought at the parks.

I would recommend checking your local Disney Store at sale time, and the shop Disney website too. They do Paris pins and lanyards online. We got a lanyard at the parks to go with the pins we'd bought in the UK.
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry to hijack but how do you know if a pin is a scrapper? (never heard this word before reading this thread!). My son has traded on our last couple of trips and is looking forwards to doing so again next trip. We also bought a load of pins from Amazon for him at Christmas. They look totally legitimate but I'd have no idea what to look for... or what to look for when he comes to trade.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Sorry to hijack but how do you know if a pin is a scrapper? (never heard this word before reading this thread!). My son has traded on our last couple of trips and is looking forwards to doing so again next trip. We also bought a load of pins from Amazon for him at Christmas. They look totally legitimate but I'd have no idea what to look for... or what to look for when he comes to trade.
The ones I’ve bought from eBay look legitimate too and they have all the things to check for, but so would the fakes I suppose.
Old 13 Feb 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Dips in the enamel as if it’s painted on. The colour should be flat and lines shouldn’t feel pronounced.

The post should be sharp. The nubs on either side should be fairly pronounced and also sharp.

The mickey pattern on the back should be clear without ridges at the edges. I’ve seen several fakes with bubbling, or the writing is really difficult to read. Hidden mickey pins should say “x of y” clearly rather than “xof y”.
The majority of the fakes we saw last month were hidden mickey pins. The hidden mickey on the front tends to be less clear than a genuine hidden mickey pin.

Fakes tend to be thinner too. Real pins vary but some of mine are really heavy compared to the fakes we saw.

The biggest tell in the parks is that you see the same pins EVERYWHERE. I wish that I had taken a photo of some of the pin boards. The footprint hidden mickey pins and solid metal chasers are some of the worst.