Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Feb 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Raglan Road

My OH loves everything Irish ... especially Guinness

Thinking of heading here on our first full day for dinner - no on DDp so will be OOP - is it worth it? What time would we need to eat to experience the entertainment?
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Personally, I disliked Raglan Road. It was far too noisy for me to enjoy a nice dinner with family. Left with a head ache. DD had fish and chips which she enjoyed and were ample (left over half behind). I had a scallop appetizer as my meal. I think I are 5 out of six (DD hmay have had one). It was fine but the scallops were a little too greasy for my taste.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Mobile

We just had some appetisers at the bar , I think it was about 9pm . The entertainment was fab !
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi entertainment ie dancers on all evening and then at about 10.30 a band comes on. Seat at the bar or hi table and enjoy the craic, irish for fun.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

We ate at Raglan Road in 2017 and enjoyed it. We were there about 6pm I think and we saw Irish dancing. We were on the DDP, but I would pay OOP to eat there. It’s Irish enough to be enjoyed by your partner, but it still has an American element to the food. We really enjoyed the Guinness flight that we ordered

Edited at 09:57 AM.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Go to their website for entertainment times. They also have entertainment for the weekend brunch.
We like eating here, my children love the brunch pancakes.

raglanroad.com
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I think the food is average and overpriced...the dancers on the otherhand are superb.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s a few years ago, but had fish & chips there which was quite reasonable and I have to say the Guinness was as close to Irish Guinness as I’ve tasted outside of Ireland 🇮🇪
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Personally I think the food is average and overpriced...the dancers on the otherhand are superb.
I agree with this I'm afraid, used to be one of our favourites, but last time we went we found the cost ridiculously high and the meal was incredibly rushed. Still love the atmosphere (& DH loves a Guinness) but I'd go for a drink now, I wouldn't pay for a meal here.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not the biggest fan of the food and that was even after giving it another go on our last trip. Not all tables have a very good view of the stage if at all so I'd suggest eating elsewhere then having a drink at one of the high tables/bar and enjoy the entertainment.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List