Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 10 Feb 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Just been watching the videos on profit accumulator. i think i get some of it but im still not sure.
At the end, after using the free bets when the calculator say '16.43 profit' is that calculated after taking off the lay bet you put in.

Basically im looking at a screen that says 'Lay bet 17.50 but then profit 16.43'
Thats totally gone over my head because im looking at it thinking but surely ive lost 1.07? Confused
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Just been watching the videos on profit accumulator. i think i get some of it but im still not sure.
At the end, after using the free bets when the calculator say '16.43 profit' is that calculated after taking off the lay bet you put in.

Basically im looking at a screen that says 'Lay bet 17.50 but then profit 16.43'
Thats totally gone over my head because im looking at it thinking but surely ive lost 1.07? Confused
That is your lay bet less the 5% commission that betfair charges (assuming its betfair)
Old 12 Feb 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm still at the reading all the reviews stage at this! What happens if the result is a draw?
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myvot View Post
I'm still at the reading all the reviews stage at this! What happens if the result is a draw?
If you have bet on Team A to win, then your lay bet will be Team A ‘not’ to win, which covers the draw
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Placed my first bets today, few mistakes on the way. My usual attitude of "I'm quite good with numbers I'll be fine with This!'. So when using the coral free bet I managed to somehow add £5 of my own money to the free bet on three occasions so bet an extra £15. I realised I did this and then placed a lay bet on the exchange to counteract it (I think).

Then later on I was placing a lay bet on betfair, it didn't seem to accept the bet so I tried to place it again but ended up with two lay bets so had to use one of my free bets on the bookie site! I don't think I matched it quite right but that bet was very small amounts so will be fine.

Two learning points, 1) easier to do this on laptop to start with rather than attempting on my phone or tablet, 2) don't rush ahead!
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

I've given it a go today after reading this thread. Hoping to make something towards next years holiday!
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kirstenjet View Post
I've given it a go today after reading this thread. Hoping to make something towards next years holiday!
Good luck
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Well so far I've deposited £360 , I have £191 in available in accounts, with 8 bets on football matches still to happen. On the ones that have completed I'm up £40.40 on paper. I still have £30 in free bets to use but need to get some mone back before using them. Finding it a little hard to keep track but I think I've sorted it out by writing it all out on paper tonight, which I should have done from the beginning!
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by kirstenjet View Post
Well so far I've deposited £360 , I have £191 in available in accounts, with 8 bets on football matches still to happen. On the ones that have completed I'm up £40.40 on paper. I still have £30 in free bets to use but need to get some mone back before using them. Finding it a little hard to keep track but I think I've sorted it out by writing it all out on paper tonight, which I should have done from the beginning!
Good luck and keep it up - we started Matched Betting in February and so far made about £1900-£2000 pure profit. We used oddsmonkey premium (£18pm) and it's a great tool.

I'd look at using a spreadsheet to track, I have one I use daily to track my qualifying and free bets

I'm happy to give advice and answer any questions you have

Edited at 01:28 PM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I'm just starting MB, this thread has been so helpful, thank you in advance for the many questions I will have 😁
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List