Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Ocean Florida
Unread 14 Feb 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Easter?

After we booked this years flights, I realised we would be there over the Easter holiday.
We fly out on April 18th & the following day is Good Friday. We have never been at this time of the year before & I wondered if anyone who has could give me some info.
Is there anything special on at Easter like there is on other holidays?
Should we book somewhere for our dinner on Easter Sunday or will places be closed?
Is there any extra sales on?
I'd be grateful of any info as I realise it will be busier than normal (although our schoolkids are off the 2 weeks before Easter & go back to school on April 22nd).
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st there was just us 2, then 9, now 19!
mousemad is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 14 Feb 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Gone all Goofy

We went Easter 2017 and had a brilliant time. It was busy, but we didnt queue for more than about 40 minutes for anything and managed all the popular rides.
Epcot had the flower festival on which was beautiful to see.

I was surprised by how little traditional British easter things were on...no egg hunts/easter eggs in the shop/no easter bunny etc. We booked Discovery Cove for Easter Sunday as we were tld that is usually the busiest day in the parks, then afterwards to had dinner in a restaurant on I-Drive which was no busier than any other night.

Weather was brilliant while we were there too, approx 23-25 degrees every day and only 1 very light rain shower in the 2 weeks we were there! You'll have an amazing time!
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Make sure you visit the Grand Floridian to see the display of decorated eggs, theyre fab and you get a slip of paper to vote on which you think are the best. See example below, there are lots though.

April - Rosen Plaza - Booked!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
No Disney!
Unread 14 Feb 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
Serious Dibber

No Easter eggs at all in the shops ?

Don't really fancy taking eggs with us - surely there must be Kinder eggs or something similar ?
Unread 14 Feb 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kingphil View Post
No Easter eggs at all in the shops ?

Don't really fancy taking eggs with us - surely there must be Kinder eggs or something similar ?
We took a bag of mini-eggs for the kids - there are so many treats out there that eggs made from cheap chocolate really don't feature anyhow..

No Kinder eggs as sweets containing small plastic parts are banned.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
WhereIBelong is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 14 Feb 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Good to know this, we head out on good Friday for 3 weeks, not doing disney until the Wednesday as reckon it will be really busy!

Good to know about restaurants for Easter Sunday etc, well have a 4 year old and 6 month old so will prob go for tea at 5ish so everywhere should be quiet to eat.

Epcot is great this time of year with the garden show
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were also there in 2017. There plenty of easter themed iced biscuits in the shops but no chocolate eggs. We took small eggs with us and set out a hunt after the kids were asleep. I thought there would be organised egg hunts or an easter bunny to meet - but no.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 2nd 'Once in a Lifetime Trip'...
Unread 14 Feb 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
We were also there in 2017. There plenty of easter themed iced biscuits in the shops but no chocolate eggs. We took small eggs with us and set out a hunt after the kids were asleep. I thought there would be organised egg hunts or an easter bunny to meet - but no.
Theres an Easter Bunny (and Mrs. Bunny) meet and greet in Magic Kingdom. And there is a massive (thousands attend) Easter Sunday sunrise service at Seaworld.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
WhereIBelong is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan