Notices

Old 3 May 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Your trip sounds amazing! My son who had a rare liver disease and has recently had a transplant had a wish trip 2 years ago but through make a wish foundation and he chose a Disney cruise! we had an amazing time, he was treated like royalty! He is 16 now but still talks about it!
I bet the cruise was amazing! Wow how terrific he’s had a transplant now, I hope he’s doing well. Love to all your family xx

Originally Posted by Floridajill View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip. We too stayed at Give Kids the World in April 2014 and had an amazing time. You will love it! We make a point of going back to visit if we can to relive all those special memories.
I’ve only ever heard people say how amazing GKTW is I’m so excited to get there and see it for myself. I think it’s great you can go and visit for the day on later trips xx

Thanks for reading ☺️
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
frozenfan97
VIP Dibber

Give Kids the World looks amazing and I hope you all, especially Oliver, have and amazing time.
Old 3 May 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Wow. What a strong brave family you are.

Your trip looks amazing. Have a wonderful time xx

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by frozenfan97 View Post
Give Kids the World looks amazing and I hope you all, especially Oliver, have and amazing time.
Thank you! I have no doubt we'll all have the best time. xx

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Wow. What a strong brave family you are.

Your trip looks amazing. Have a wonderful time xx
Thank you so much. We're so excited now! xx
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Every time I do a trip report I tell myself I’ll keep on top of it and every time I just get worse!

I’ve not been keeping this up to date and I still haven’t finished the honeymoon report. In my defence we have moved house this summer and sorting/packing eight years worth of stuff then unpacking it all again has taken up so much of my time and this holiday has completely crept up on me!

This summer has been crazy. The move, visiting family, comic-cons etc. The weather up north has been rubbish so definitely looking forward to the Florida heat!

Oliver did a photoshoot for Duchenne Awareness day. He's a total natural and such a poser!

This time next month we will be in Manchester! I cant believe it! We will have probably visited the Hard Rock for tea and will be trying to calm the kids down and to sleep before the big day.
We still haven’t told them and still have no idea how we are going to break the news. I’m sure we will figure something out!

So what else have I sorted?
Well I managed to miss ADR day by a mile cause I’m stupid but I’ve still managed to get what I wanted.
I wasn’t planning on booking much as we didn’t want to waste too much time in restaurants and we don’t have the same budget as last time so can’t spend too much money on expensive table service meals. Ross wanted Teppan Edo again but I said no cause I’m mean. All I wanted was Crystal Palace breakfast (preferably pre park hours) and lunch at Be Our Guest.
After a couple of days of looking I managed to get my Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:40am on Thursday 18th, our last full day. I’m so excited for Pooh’s French toast!

That’s all I booked for a while because I couldn’t, for the life of me, get a lunch reservation at BOG. I was checking every day, sometimes twice a day for weeks and nothing was coming up. I was getting so stressed! I just wanted Ariana to see it as I knew she’d go nuts for it. I even tried searching for a table for 2 and telling the boys to eat somewhere else! But one morning I was in bed (delaying having to get up and sort the kids for school) and I was doing my usual morning check of MDE and one came up! Tuesday 16th at 12pm! I’ve never panicked so much over lunch in my life, I was like ‘OMG BOOK IT BEFORE SOMEONE STEALS IT! ’ Ross thought I’d gone mad but I got it and it’s ours now. Such relief!

Ross then brought up Via Napoli. He’d been watching his favourite video game streamer who is a Florida resident and frequent visitor of WDW. Apparently he’d been chatting about his favourite restaurants and said his go to place in Epcot is Via Napoli so Ross wanted to give it a go. I’d said no to Teppan Edo because I didn’t know if the kids would eat the food as Oliver can be very fussy and over cautious food in new places but I know they will eat pizza anywhere so that got booked for Monday 15th at 1:15pm.

Then I’ve also booked MNSSHP for Tuesday 16th. Very very excited for that one! Cost a blummin fortune but at least we got a bit of DVC discount.
Costumes are in hand but still a secret. I’ll give you tiny clues. Ross is wearing a white polo shirt, I’m in mustard yellow, Ariana’s outfit involves purple and Oliver wears a bit of yellow. Hmmmm I wonder?

I’ve bought these clips for Ariana and they are the cutest things! I’m just going to take them in my park bag and swap them out depending on who she’s meeting. I think I have all her favourites covered and even one to wear in Universal!

One thing I wanted to ask. I was hoping to contact Virgin before we fly to ask if Oliver can have a peek in the cockpit when we board. Do you think they will let us do that? If so who do I email about it? Does anyone have an email address?

I sat and did the Estas today. God that’s a ball ache doing it for 4 people! Right now it’s pending but I have no worries...honest!

Starlight have been great keeping us up to date about things at their end. They sorted the insurance for us so the trip is 100% on, not that I was worried about that either! They will be sending a wish pack in the post in a few weeks which will include some tshirts for the kids to wear which I think we will have them wear on travel day. Still not sure if I should intercept that item of post or let that do the announcement for us, I really can’t decide how to do it!

Anyway I think that’s all I have to update you with for now. I’ll try and do a few more updates before we go but going by my record, I can’t promise anything!

Bye for now!
The Bennetts xx

Old 29 Oct 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMacc
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Ooh just found this thread so reading along! I hope you have the most wonderful holiday xx
MrsMacc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Just searching for new trippies to read and came across this one!

Firstly your children are absolutely lovely and what an amazing charity Starlight is. Can't imagine what you've gone through as parents with your son so I think you all totally deserve this holiday. Looking forward to reading the full report.

Also, your accomodation... WOW! Amazing.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List