Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Jun 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Offsite Delights with Disney on Top -Jul 18 - Complete

Planning to attempt my 5th food report live ish again soon!

To tell you the truth I actually have found them easier to do live, 5 minutes at a time, than after we get back. I will try my best to keep up to date but apologies if that does not quite go to plan…

I love reading food reports for help and inspiration so always hope by doing my own I can pay that forward...

The Cast
It's me, dh and ds (nearly 11) again. Ds and I are pretty unfussy, he prefers not to eat cabbage (tbh, he is the most unfussy child I have ever met) and I don’t eat eggs on their own or cherry flavoured stuff. DH is slightly fussier with an aversion to tomatoes, mushrooms and beans, but give him a Bacon Cheeseburger or something fried and he is happy as Larry.

The Trip
This year was to be a non Disney year so I persuaded DH to go with a cheaper offsite option and a wee bit time at Universal. We loved our chilled out 3 night stay at Hard Rock last year so were keen to spend a little longer at Universal. As always it grew arms and legs, as all Orlando holidays tend to do. So it was to be 9 nights at the Rosen Plaza and 7 nights at Universal, RPR had a great price for club level so we went for that rather than Hard Rock, I’m still feeling a wee bit sad we are not doing HRH but I’m sure RPR will be great.

Then Disney announced Disney After Dark for July and more arms and legs grew… So we booked that… more arms and legs as I argued we may as well stay onsite for the night and Art of Animation was booked!

The Food
Again like last year I'm a wee bit apprehensive about the food as I've been on Slimming World this time and lost more weight so I still have a slightly smaller appetite😂The food at Disney last year proved too be too much for me at the start, I’m sure we eat less offsite without the ddp, or maybe not…

We don’t have a great plan of where to eat but here are some of the possibilities….

Breakfast Offsite: I-Hop, Dennys, Kekes, Friendlys, oh and lots of Krispy Kreme donuts!

Lunch or dinners Offsite: Johnny Rockets, Olive Garden, Tony Romas, Bahama Breeze, Maggianos, Hash House a go go, Brickhouse, Millers, Joes Crab Shack, Kobe.

Disney: Landscapes of Flavour, T-Rex or Rainforest (Landrys card), MK snacks

Universal: RPR Club Level, Breakfast at one of the Harry Potter places, possibly Minion Breakfast, NBC Bar and Grill, RPR pool bar – nachos!, Panda Express, Mythos, Lombards, Vodoo Donuts, Cowfish, Vivo, maybe Bubba Gumps.

Extras: Discovery Cove and Dine with Shamu.

Any other Ideas?
We won’t have a car so will be using the I-Trolley and Uber so if anyone has any suggestions of places I should consider feel free to let me know.

Index
Jamie's Deli Gatwick Airport
BA Food
Johnny Rockets
Dennys Breakfast
Seaworld snacks
China Max - outlets
Millers Ale House
Discovery Cove
Maggianos
Dennys Breakfast
Lite Bites - Rosen

Seaworld Snacks
Starbucks - Rosen
Hash House a go go
Pool Bar Rosen Plaza

Friendlys Breakfast
Art of Animation and Disney After Hours - Review
T-Rex
Bahama Breeze
Millers Ale House - Lunch
Yard House
Dine with Shamu
Joe's Crab Shack
Cafe Matisse - Breakfast - Rosen Plaza
Universal Annual pass upgrade details
Jakes at RPR
Club Level - American
Hot Dog Hall of Fame
Club Level - Breakfast
Club Level - Asian
Club Level - Breakfast
Club Level - 2nd Breakfast
NBC Bar and Grill
Club Level _ Italian
Bread Box
Club Level - Breakfast
Cowfish
Voodoo Donuts

Orlando City Game
Club Level - Breakfast
Lombards - Universal Studios
Club Level -
Cowfish and Club Level
Club Level - Breakfast
Bula Bar - RPR
Vivos Italian Kitchen - Citywalk
Snacks - Universal, BK MCO, Nandos at Gatwick

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
You’ll love RPR it’s amazing. I could happily eat only in the Club as the evening food is lovely. It will suit DS if he’s not fussy as there’s a good choice. The pool bar is great then to fill in any gaps.
Only one that we love that I might have missed is Cheesecake Factory. We loved Kekes! We loved our stays in Rosen Plaza too. Really looking forward to your report x

Edited at 05:00 PM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hey there! You're back with another report, I'm sure it's going to be fab!

We're just doing wdw this year so no offsite eats for us. Both DD and me are pining for Cowfish, we had a fab meal there last year. Kobe is great fun and really tasty too. Plus you get to go to all the great breakfast places.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, I can't wait to read all about it. Goodness me! I've just checked out your countdown and you only have a couple of weeks before you go. Wow!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
You’ll love RPR it’s amazing. I could happily eat only in the Club as the evening food is lovely. It will suit DS if he’s not fussy as there’s a good choice. The pool bar is great then to fill in any gaps.
Only one that we love that I might have missed is Cheesecake Factory. We loved Kekes! We loved our stays in Rosen Plaza too. Really looking forward to your report x
Thanks Joanna. I still have your club level reports open on my phone to get me excited about my stay.

It's hard to know how much we will eat at club level or how often we will be there for the offerings and then how much else we will eat elsewhere. Hoping to get my moneys worth but also enjoy other food experiences. Did you find you still did a big meal?

I think we might have a visit to Mall of Millenia and if so we can nip in for cheesecake
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there! You're back with another report, I'm sure it's going to be fab!

We're just doing wdw this year so no offsite eats for us. Both DD and me are pining for Cowfish, we had a fab meal there last year. Kobe is great fun and really tasty too. Plus you get to go to all the great breakfast places.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, I can't wait to read all about it. Goodness me! I've just checked out your countdown and you only have a couple of weeks before you go. Wow!
Thanks, 2 weeks of school left, I can't wait to finish now for the holidays.

Great that you are back at Disney though. Where are you staying? We have booked onsite at POFQ next year so I'll be reading your trip report to take away the post holiday blues and start planning for next year
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks, 2 weeks of school left, I can't wait to finish now for the holidays.

Great that you are back at Disney though. Where are you staying? We have booked onsite at POFQ next year so I'll be reading your trip report to take away the post holiday blues and start planning for next year
We've got 14 nights at OKW so first time staying in a deluxe for us (it's not quite the GF but still deluxe). Then because I managed to snag some cheap flights we have an extra 2 days so I booked the princess room at POR mainly for DD she's 11 this year. This will be a surprise as the DH and the kids don't know about it. We've stayed in a pirate room at CBR before so DS got his pirates of the Caribbean fix then so I figure it's Kate's turn this year.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've got 14 nights at OKW so first time staying in a deluxe for us (it's not quite the GF but still deluxe). Then because I managed to snag some cheap flights we have an extra 2 days so I booked the princess room at POR mainly for DD she's 11 this year. This will be a surprise as the DH and the kids don't know about it. We've stayed in a pirate room at CBR before so DS got his pirates of the Caribbean fix then so I figure it's Kate's turn this year.
That sounds great, OKW has a loyal following. I think our days of deluxe are over with the price increases, moderate with a ddp upgrade will have to do us nicely next time. POR royal rooms look lovely, sure your daughter will love her surprise.
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looking forward to it. We're hoping to eat at a lot of those same Citywalk locations a few weeks after you so will be reading with interest
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Looking forward to it. We're hoping to eat at a lot of those same Citywalk locations a few weeks after you so will be reading with interest
I will try and report back well and if there’s anything you’d like me to try and find out just let me know.
I’ll then jealously read all your updates once we are home and depressed 😂
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Joining in. It will be great to read along, I love to hear about everyone's experiences.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List