Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

LIVE:Portofino bay, Four Seasons, DCL and Vero Beach

Hi All,
I started but failed to complete my food report last year😣
We are 2 days into our holiday now and i figure i might get on better posting as we go along.

So, the holiday is my husband and i and our 2 youngest children. Our Son who is 10 and our daughter who is 4. Our eldest has just finished university and went to Japan instead ( who can blame him)

This is our 3rd summer in Orlando with the kids but first without staying at Disney World.

We are spending 7 nights at Portofino Bay

2 nights at the Four Seasons

3 nights Disney Cruise

4 nights Vero Beach.

The holiday didnt start that way. As with many dibbers, i am constantly looking at hotel/ flight/ car hire prices.
We were meant to be spending 10 nights at RPR club but stubled on a travel republics price of £70 per night at Portofino so booked a week.

I then found four season for less that £300 so booked 2 nights.

I booked flight through thomas cook 18 months ago and got a great price so when we arrived at the airport and they were offering reduced upgrade we went for it ( also negotiated 4 seats for price of 3 which helped)

We had stayed at the Premier inn on Manor Royal the night before which was good but decided to have breakfast at the airport. We eat at Wonder Tree. The kids both had pancake, hubby had a Japanese bowl and i had Shakshouka.

The Journey and food were good. We had taken lots of snacks/ drinks but except for kids eating jelly sweets the left was left.

A huge bonus of premium was getting off first and we literally walk straight through immigration! Never known anything like it😊

We then predictable waited for bag!

We jumped into a cab, which was $60 dollors( with tip) to Portofino Bay.

Our room is lovely and huge! We request to be near the family pool and boat and got a 3rd floor room at the Villa.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Once checked in, we met Beth and Tim ( ahttps://fairytalepersonalshopper.com) at the front of the hotel to pick up our groceries, gift baskets and many packages that i have ordered through out the year! 😊 Beth and Tim are the loveliest people and provide a great service at a amazingly reasonable price.

Sorry about the rubbish photo- kids were desperate to open!

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

We then went to the pool. Our 4 year old is such a water baby that this was the highlight for her. Our 10 year old was desperate for Nachos so we order dinner at the pool. I think by this stage the travel day had caught up with him so we go the food to go and ate it in the room.

Our daughter had Mac chesse and we shared a cocktail. Think it came to $60

A long but good travel day.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Old 24 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Very jealous! Have a great holiday
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab start!

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Very jealous! Have a great holiday
Thank you 😊
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Fab start!
Thank you
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

First morning. We were all up predictably early. Lots of pottering about in the room including a breakfast of cerial, granola bars and for hubby last night waffle fries! 🤨
We started at Universal studio and bought the refil mug for $13. This year it includes icees which went down well with the kids.

Daughter loved meeting Hello Kitty! So sweet

Lunch was Cowfish. Youngest had a bento box with chicken stripper, son has the mini sliders and we shared the Fire Cracker rolls, 9 piece Sashimi and seared tuna wanton nacho. All the food was great. We all drank water. Bill was £73.20 including tip.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

We came back after lunch and enjoyed a couple of hours at the pool and got Ice Cream from the Gelato shop. Son and i had sundae and daughter had a lolly.
Cost $13 and ice cream / sorbet was really good.

Dinner was ( after a very wet walk) at Bubba Gumps. We have the obligatory Landry card so was seated right away.
The manager came to speak to us and (annoying, as it later turned out) informed us that we could use both the welcome and Birthday reward tonight.

We are currently having a running battle with our 10 year old about if he orders off the adults or child menu. He has fairly adventurous taste for his age, which is great but expensive and annoying when he only eats half.

So given that we thought we could use the $50 credit we let his order what he wanted- 9oz Sirloin !, hubby has gumbo, i had fish sandwich and daughter had kids pizza.
Kids had icee in sovereigns glasses and hubby and i had a cocktail each. Food was good but service was slow and fairly uninterested.
Bill came and predictably we could only use one reward 😣 bill was $70 minus tip and reward.

Total spend today on food/ drinks; $187.00

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Day 2; another early morning with breakfast in the room.
Off to Volcano bay today. I loved the theaming here. We had reserved premier seating (. $80 but cost vary). I must admit we didnt need this at all and i wouldnt book it again.

We recharged our cup ($8) and bought a chesse pizza for kids

We decided to walk to Cabana Bay for lunch as i had always fancied staying here and like the theaming.
We really like the feel of the place and food court options. Daughter had chicken strips, son and hubby had burgers and i had a salad bowl from a bar where you pick your own and they weight the bowl. With drinks(2 icee and tap water) it was $50

We visited the pool and had a quick go on the lazy river before they cleared it due to lightning risk.

Edited at 11:23 PM.